new babies and old frinds

Old May 8th 04, 10:48 AM
Maggie

Default new babies and old frinds

Mary S. spake thusly
The tenth month! Postpartum is definitely a part of pregnancy, so here
you go:

All our new moms, if you're still reading here and haven't migrated
over to misc.kids.breastfeeding or misc.kids yet, how are you doing?

Can't believe that this time last week I was just going into active
labour. Eeek!

Been a tiring week, but we seem to be coping okay. I've had a few
moments where I've been tired and sore - bottom end and top end - and
just wanting to feel normal again. Breastfeeding is very slowly getting
easier, but I guess it will be another week or so before it's working
well for us. Hubby has two weeks off and that's been fantastic to have
him around to share the load... not looking forward to when he goes back
to work and it'll just be me here at home, but hopefully I'll be feeling
a bit more normal by then. Haven't been further than the mailbox yet,
but we have an appt at the hospital next week, which will be our first
big trip out.

I'm amazed how much I love this little guy who's turned up in our life,
and especially by the amount of patience I've found (so far!) in dealing
with things.
--
Maggie
Jamie ~ May 2nd
Old May 8th 04, 08:32 PM
Welches

Mary S. wrote in message
The tenth month! Postpartum is definitely a part of pregnancy, so here
you go:

All our new moms, if you're still reading here and haven't migrated over
to misc.kids.breastfeeding or misc.kids yet, how are you doing?

I'm meaning to go... but just keep popping back while I'm feeding #2.
She's started solids-and hating them. Difference from #1 who was eating a
whole banana 1 week into weaning. #2 still refuses almost everything-except
she managed a lick of chocolate off a biscuit when I wasn't looking-and came
back for more! Dh tells me she stood for the first time today (he balanced
her and she balanced for about 30seconds). She's trying to work out how she
can push a walker cause it's a lot harder with only one hand. I can't work
out whether she's finding it easier with the prosthesis or not.
#1's still in love with her. Very protective too, mch more protective of
#2's rights than her own. Hope this continues...We go walking down the
street me with #2 in a sling, and #1 with her doll in the sling. Makes
people laugh!
I can't believe she's 6 months already. Where has the time gone?
Debbie

Lochia
tapering off, or telling you to take it a little easier? Are you
getting out of the house, or snuggling in with the baby? How's your
support network? Don't hesitate to talk to your OB if you're feeling
bit blue -- it's *very* common, and there's no reason for anyone to
suffer (the vast majority of antidepressants are fine to take while
breastfeeding, for example). Still getting the hang of all this newbaby
stuff? How's motherhood treating you so far? How are you feeling about
your birth experience? Write everything down, it disappears so quickly!

And not-so-new moms, whether you're a beloved member or lurking or
skimming or occasionally checking in, how is everything going with your
families? One of the most valuable part of this board, I think, is the
number of not-pregnant women who stay in the community, whether to give
advice, follow friends' progress, live vicariously, or cheer each other
on. So how are you all doing?

Mary

Old May 9th 04, 01:53 AM
melbgal1

Mary S. says...
The tenth month! Postpartum is definitely a part of pregnancy, so here
you go:

All our new moms, if you're still reading here and haven't migrated over
to misc.kids.breastfeeding or misc.kids yet

I keep forgetting to check them out !

how are you doing?

escellent thanks

Lochia
tapering off, or telling you to take it a little easier? Are you
getting out of the house, or snuggling in with the baby?

yes, and both. It's like Cal's always lived here. He's an old shoe
already

How's your support network?

my husband. I don't like a lot of interference, and work better as a
solo performer

Don't hesitate to talk to your OB if you're feeling
bit blue -- it's *very* common, and there's no reason for anyone to
suffer (the vast majority of antidepressants are fine to take while
breastfeeding, for example). Still getting the hang of all this newbaby
stuff?

I'm amazed at the "old shoe" thing. It's like i've always changed
nappies, got up to feed etc. So .... 'normal'... ? weird.

How's motherhood treating you so far?

lovely.

How are you feeling about your birth experience?

Why did I think it wasn't going to hurt ?!?!?!?!?!? ... crazy ...

Write everything down, it disappears so quickly!

Another thing I have to do ... soon ...

--
Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004
Old May 9th 04, 02:05 AM
Carla

On Sun, 9 May 2004 10:53:15 +1000, melbgal1
wrote:
Lochia
tapering off, or telling you to take it a little easier? Are you
getting out of the house, or snuggling in with the baby?

yes, and both. It's like Cal's always lived here. He's an old shoe
already

aaawww!

I'm amazed at the "old shoe" thing. It's like i've always changed
nappies, got up to feed etc. So .... 'normal'... ? weird.

So sweet...I hope I adjust as easily.

Carla
#1 due 5/14/04
Old May 9th 04, 02:06 PM
Unadulterated Me

Mary S. wrote:

And not-so-new moms, whether you're a beloved member or lurking or
skimming or occasionally checking in, how is everything going with your
families?

I guess I fit the occasionally checking in not-so-new mum category. I
actually unsubbed gasp then resubbed, then unsubbed and resubbed
again...hehe
Anyway we are doing well, Lydia is 9 months and is so much fun, she's a
very animated little actress, keeps us all entertained. She started
walking this week and thinks she's the cleverest little chicky out.
She's like the hungry caterpillar gradually eating her way through more
and more food each day of the week, she's a wee eating machine.
Seth is um.. well he's 2, need I say more. He's recently started this
freaky passing out from lack of oxygen when he cries which frightened
the pants of us the first time it happened, I thought he was having a
fit or something. The paediatrician has assured me he will grow out of
it before the age of 5 so I'm holding her to her word.
Rose and Amelia are 4 and are busy wee bee's. They always have some
scheme on the go. They are very into 'homework' and spend hours writing
and illustrating their workbooks with interesting stories. Rose wrote
one today about an Alien who stole the nails out of our house and it
fell down, complete with wonderful illustrations. The made me a mothers
day present each today that were a wallets full of money. The money was
pages from a notepad with numbers written on them and the wallet was
some kind of vinyl upholstery that I later found was ripped from the sun
visor of my van interior grrr.
Zachary is 6 and has joined the ranks of computer addicted, the first
thing out of his mouth in the morning is 'can I have a turn on the
computer'. Grace is 8 and has designated herself Lydia's other mother,
and has also decided 9 month old babies can easily be taught new tricks
much like puppies so spends a good deal of her time stealing Lydia and
training her for the circus. Paige is 9 and is in training to be a
supermodel, when she hasn't got her nose in a book she's got it in front
of the mirror practicing her supermodel poses. Tyler is 11 and is being
home educated this year and really enjoying that. Tessa is 12 and in the
throws of deciding which highschool she wants to attend next year.
Jayden is 14 and also being home educated this year, he's into designing
and programming RPG game sand spends a great deal of time on that. Rhys
is 16 and I have no idea where he is, I have heard tale he resides
somewhere down stairs and my husband has tried to convince me the hairy
6'5" beastman that occasionally roams in and raids our fridge is my baby
but I really don't believe him.

Pictures can be found here...
www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family

Andrea
Goddess to 11 minions

Old May 9th 04, 02:10 PM
Sophie

Seth is um.. well he's 2, need I say more.

I hear ya, Lewis is definitely 2 as well - lol.

He's recently started this
freaky passing out from lack of oxygen when he cries which frightened
the pants of us the first time it happened, I thought he was having a
fit or something. The paediatrician has assured me he will grow out of
it before the age of 5 so I'm holding her to her word.

Wow, that sounds scary.

the wallet was
some kind of vinyl upholstery that I later found was ripped from the sun
visor of my van interior grrr.

LOL!

my husband has tried to convince me the hairy
6'5" beastman that occasionally roams in and raids our fridge is my baby
but I really don't believe him.

6 feet 5 - really? Does he still want to go in the military (Air Force I
think it was)?

Pictures can be found here...
www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family

Andrea
Goddess to 11 minions

Any plans for #12 yet?

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004

Old May 9th 04, 02:31 PM
Unadulterated Me

Sophie wrote:

Wow, that sounds scary.

It's not so scary now we know it's pretty normal toddler behavior, well
normal as in some toddlers do it and it's not abnormal. It's just his
crying technique is the type where he makes no noise and doesn't breath,
which leads to him fainting. We just put him in the recovery position
and he comes too after about 10-15 seconds, he's pretty disoriented when
he does though and takes lots of comforting. It must be just as scary
for him as it is for us. She said she had never seen a kid that still
did it past age 5 so I guess they grow out of it.

the wallet was
some kind of vinyl upholstery that I later found was ripped from the sun
visor of my van interior grrr.

LOL!

And they were so proud and delighted with them too...lol, I kind of new
it looked familiar when presented with them and when I asked them where
they got it from Rose launched into this wishy washy tale of finding it
down the driveway by a tree so I pretty much new then I should brace
myself...lol

6 feet 5 - really? Does he still want to go in the military (Air Force I
think it was)?

No he has his heart set on programming now. Coding is his life. You'd
think he'd discovered radium or something the way he goes on about these
program's he's made. But who knows maybe when he's out of his teens he
may be able too combine the two. I think he'd do well in the military
myself, as long as he doesn't get sent to any war or anything ;-) He can
be in the military but his mummy said he has to stay at home.

Andrea
Goddess to 11 minions
Old May 9th 04, 02:34 PM
Unadulterated Me

Sophie wrote:

Any plans for #12 yet?

Oops I wasn't ignoring you I just didn't see that bit.
Umm no plans at this stage :-)

Andrea
Goddess to 11 minions
Old May 9th 04, 02:49 PM
Sophie

"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message
Sophie wrote:

Any plans for #12 yet?

Oops I wasn't ignoring you I just didn't see that bit.
Umm no plans at this stage :-)

Andrea
Goddess to 11 minions

Lol. I did notice you didn't answer that

Old May 9th 04, 08:45 PM
Anne Rogers

And not-so-new moms, whether you're a beloved member or lurking or
skimming or occasionally checking in, how is everything going with your
families? One of the most valuable part of this board, I think, is the
number of not-pregnant women who stay in the community, whether to give
advice, follow friends' progress, live vicariously, or cheer each other
on. So how are you all doing?

I'm lurking, skimming and occasionally checking in, I just don't seem to
have time to keep up with all I want to, my mail box is saying 343 unseen
messages!

I'm getting really broody for number 2, which is causing a few problems, I
find it really difficult to see newborns and pregnant women and I'm
feeling quite weepy. However having had a troublesome pregnancy followed
by PPD which I'm just coming out of another child right now really isn't a
good idea. Plus, I've got funding for my research, so I really need to get
cracking and get my Ph.D. done.

Nathanael is nearly 1, still looks like a rake, my friends 4.5month old
now weighs almost the same as him. His personality is really developing,
he's started playing jokes on us, like putting chocolate in our mouths and
then taking it out and eating it himself!

We're still breastfeeding, no plans to stop, but I'm not really sure what
is happening, sometimes he is very keen, other times he's not really
bothered.

Anne