Sleeping problems

Old May 18th 04, 01:31 AM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

Default Sleeping problems

My 9 month old gets put down the same time every night but for the last 3
nights she has not wanted to goto bed I'm not sure why and what to really do
about it. We have been letting her cry it out but I don't think that is the
right thing to do. Does anyone here have any other suggestions to what I
might be able to do to ease her to sleep.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Home.earthlink.net/~soalus

Old May 18th 04, 01:53 AM
Jamie Clark

I never had a set schedule for Taylor's bedtimes or naptimes. I had a
general time frame, but not a set schedule. Most night, on average, Taylor
goes to bed around 7:30pm. But, there are nights where it's 7:15 or 8:00,
and even some really late nights due to dinners out. I base it on when she
seems tired, which happens "around" the same time, but not to the minute.
If Taylor naps shorter than normal, she tends to be more tired earlier in
the evening. If she has a good long 2 hour nap, and then falls asleep in
the car on the way home, she's more likely to stay up later that night.

If your baby isn't tired at "bedtime" then wait 10-15-30 minutes and see if
she is tired then.

Also, we have the Fisher Price Aquarium crib thingy, and we play it every
night and nap time as we put her to bed. Since Taylor was very young, she
can hit the button and make it play again. There are times that Taylor
stays up another 30 minutes, playing the aquarium, "reading" a book, talking
and singing to her stuffed animals. It's fine by me, as long as she isn't
mad about it! She does the same thing when she wakes up in the morning --
amuses herself for a good long while before we are needed. Try getting
something musical, and put a book or a few stuffed animals at the bottom of
the crib.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old May 18th 04, 02:09 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Jennifer and Robert Howe wrote:

My 9 month old gets put down the same time every night but for the last 3
nights she has not wanted to goto bed I'm not sure why and what to really do
about it. We have been letting her cry it out but I don't think that is the
right thing to do. Does anyone here have any other suggestions to what I
might be able to do to ease her to sleep.

Sometimes you just have to mix things up a bit to
get through a phase. For instance, at ten months Genevieve
has been giving us some bedtime fits. I think part of it
is teething, so gave her some Tylenol or Motrin at bedtime.
One night when she was particularly fussy I brought her in
bed with us. She slept well (though I didn't ;-) but the
next night, she slept much better back in her crib. Whatever
you do, you might try doing *something* different--put
her down a bit earlier, change her meals around some,
change her naps around some, take a nice walk outside
before bedtime, change whether or not she has a bath
before bed, etc.
Keep in mind that the same time doesn't always
keep working for a bedtime, especially with babies.
You've always got the complication of the interaction
with daytime sleep. A lot of babies will get to a
point when they need somewhat less sleep and will
stay up longer at night rather than shortening their
daytime sleep. If you want to keep bedtime more
constant, you may need to trim daytime sleep a bit.
That may not be it, though--I have no idea how much
she is sleeping at night or during the day.

Best wishes,
Ericka