vehicles

Old December 11th 08, 07:50 PM posted to misc.kids
MarieD[_2_]

Default vehicles

My minivan went out and I will most likely need another vehicle. It was a
7-passenger car. Where are all you families with lots of children, and what
car do you drive? I would love to have one of those full-sized vans. I only
have 3 kids, but I have alot of neices and nephews and the kids have
friends, and sometimes I don't have anymore room in my van if my whole
family +2 extras are with us. There have been times we've just had to drive
both cars to someplace so everyone will fit(and I don't put two kids in one
seatbelt, which most people I know do if there's not enough room. people act
like it's no big deal!)

--
Marie
~The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of

Old December 11th 08, 10:31 PM posted to misc.kids
betsy

MarieD wrote:
My minivan went out and I will most likely need another vehicle. It was
a 7-passenger car. Where are all you families with lots of children, and
what car do you drive? I would love to have one of those full-sized
vans. I only have 3 kids, but I have alot of neices and nephews and the
kids have friends, and sometimes I don't have anymore room in my van if
my whole family +2 extras are with us. There have been times we've just
had to drive both cars to someplace so everyone will fit(and I don't put
two kids in one seatbelt, which most people I know do if there's not
enough room. people act like it's no big deal!)

I have four kids. We got an eight passenger minivan. Ours is a Toyota
Sienna, but it is an option for various minivans. It can be
inconvenient getting to the back seat when the middle row is full.
I like to be able to take friends along with us too.

--Betsy
Old December 11th 08, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

"MarieD" wrote in message
My minivan went out and I will most likely need another vehicle. It was a
7-passenger car. Where are all you families with lots of children, and
what car do you drive? I would love to have one of those full-sized vans.
I only have 3 kids, but I have alot of neices and nephews and the kids
have friends, and sometimes I don't have anymore room in my van if my
whole family +2 extras are with us. There have been times we've just had
to drive both cars to someplace so everyone will fit(and I don't put two
kids in one seatbelt, which most people I know do if there's not enough
room. people act like it's no big deal!)

I drive a Caravan It currently seats 7, but I could put the middle row
with 3 seats (to have 2 back rows of 3 seats) if need be. Right now,
though, how it is, there's 2 in the middle back, 3 in the back.
It does the job. I don't find issues with the dual sliding doors for
getting in and out - even with the back seat.
I would NEVER consider putting 2 children in one seatbelt... That's soooo
1988 (or earlier!) or so lol I also can't put a child (under 12,
anyways) in the front seat due to airbags.
The van seems to do the job for me, anyways... I don't have many complaints
about it. Plenty of room, enough seats for what I need and to fit all the
kids in!

Old December 12th 08, 05:14 AM posted to misc.kids
Ericka

MarieD wrote:
My minivan went out and I will most likely need another vehicle. It was
a 7-passenger car. Where are all you families with lots of children, and
what car do you drive? I would love to have one of those full-sized
vans. I only have 3 kids, but I have alot of neices and nephews and the
kids have friends, and sometimes I don't have anymore room in my van if
my whole family +2 extras are with us. There have been times we've just
had to drive both cars to someplace so everyone will fit(and I don't put
two kids in one seatbelt, which most people I know do if there's not
enough room. people act like it's no big deal!)

I have three kids, and do lots of running around
with extra kids, but I refuse to go any bigger than a minivan.
If we need a short trip with more people, we just suck it up
and do two vehicles. If it's a long trip, we sometimes rent
something bigger, but I have no urge to have to drive a full-sized
van all the time to accommodate the times when more seating
would be handy.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old December 12th 08, 08:57 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers

I have three kids, and do lots of running around
with extra kids, but I refuse to go any bigger than a minivan.
If we need a short trip with more people, we just suck it up
and do two vehicles. If it's a long trip, we sometimes rent
something bigger, but I have no urge to have to drive a full-sized
van all the time to accommodate the times when more seating
would be handy.

That's kind of what we do, we have one car, two kids, if there is a rare
weekend when the adults need to be in different places, we rent, if
grandparents are here, we rent, we even have to rent when just my sister
comes, because we have a really irritating car where the rear seats are
shaped such that even a skinny adult can't sit between the two seats! I
think it would have to be a regular weekly occurance for it to start
being worth getting a big van to deal with more kids - such as sharing a
long school run.

We're currently looking at mini-vans as we're expecting an addition to
the family, I'm torn between looking for something that has a removable
seat in the 2nd row, which we could leave out for regular use, or one
that has only has 2 seats in the 2nd row by default. We figure one child
in the third row is pretty much inevitable, as WA state laws are one of
the strictest which is mighty frustrating for those of us with small
kids, either just before, or just after this baby is born the current
youngest turns 4, the age for a booster, but she'll be a heck of a long
way off 40 pounds and even the one turning 6 around that time doesn't
look like he'll get there til well past 7!

Given we will be getting a vehicle that wouldn't require us to hire when
grandparents are here, we want to get something comfortable for that -
when we hire, we usually specify large SUV as none of the companies
we've dealt with allow you to specify mini-van and we usually have one
in the back and 3 in the middle, but with the mini-vans that seat 2 in
the middle and 3 in the back, squeezing 2 adults and a kid with a car
seat in there looks painful! I think that design is aimed at places that
don't have such strict car seat laws, here it's 4'9" before you don't
have to use one and those seats only look to be comfortable for three if
you are that small!

Cheers
Anne
Old December 12th 08, 11:43 AM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

Anne Rogers wrote:

[...]

Congratulations! I need to read more often!

Clisby