Got a hair cut. OT Weight honnesty sort of on topic

Old June 18th 04, 04:34 AM
Tori M.

Default Got a hair cut. OT Weight honnesty sort of on topic

It is so nice but I am afraid it is a bit shorter then I wanted it to be. I
am just glad that hubby did not say anything bad about it as I promised to
grow my hair long but due to a bad cut in the past one side was obviously
longer then the other and short of always tilting my head to the left I
needed to do something about it Please remind me about the good pregnancy
hormone hair growth thingy

Also if you took time to read this have you ever gotten yelled at for losing
weight while pregnant? I lost 5 lbs and the WIC nutritionist lectured me
about weight loss. I weigh 333.5 now down from 338 and I saw it down 5 lbs
and was happy but no clue how it happened since I have been eating junk for
the past month. Should I eat more? and how exactly do I get myself to eat
when I really am not hungry?

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old June 18th 04, 04:44 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Tori M. wrote:

needed to do something about it Please remind me about the good pregnancy
hormone hair growth thingy

My hair has grown a ridiculous amount since getting getting pg. :-)
It's the longest it's been in years!

As for weight, I ignore people who have anything to say about it. My
own doctor and midwives don't even care about it (they asked me if I
wanted to track my weight, and when I said no, they just left it at that
and haven't said a word since). Just try to eat healthy stuff when you can.

Old June 18th 04, 05:24 AM
Melody

"Tori M." wrote in message

Also if you took time to read this have you ever gotten yelled at for

losing
weight while pregnant? I lost 5 lbs and the WIC nutritionist lectured me
about weight loss. I weigh 333.5 now down from 338 and I saw it down 5

lbs
and was happy but no clue how it happened since I have been eating junk

for
the past month. Should I eat more? and how exactly do I get myself to

eat
when I really am not hungry?

No, you should just eat healthy and not worry about weight gain. A lot of
women just eat healthier when they're pregnant and that often causes weight
loss. A lot of women lose weight in the first trimester because of the
nausea. Eat when your hungry, your body knows more about what you need than
some damn WIC nurse...

Old June 18th 04, 06:45 AM
A&G&K

"Tori M." wrote in message
[...]

My weight dropped over 2 kg in 2 weeks according to the Drs scales yesterday
.... he was unconcerned.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old June 18th 04, 05:47 PM
Sophie

"Tori M." wrote in message
It is so nice but I am afraid it is a bit shorter then I wanted it to be.

am just glad that hubby did not say anything bad about it as I promised to
grow my hair long but due to a bad cut in the past one side was obviously
longer then the other and short of always tilting my head to the left I
needed to do something about it Please remind me about the good

pregnancy
hormone hair growth thingy

My hair has grown really fast while I've been pregnant. Which is a pain for
me cos I have my hair cut in a slightly graduated bob (at the back it's at
my hairline) and I've had to go pretty often for cuts. My husband doesn't
like my hair short but he's not actually said anything about this cut, which
means he doesn't hate it - lol.

Also if you took time to read this have you ever gotten yelled at for

losing
weight while pregnant? I lost 5 lbs and the WIC nutritionist lectured me
about weight loss. I weigh 333.5 now down from 338 and I saw it down 5

lbs
and was happy but no clue how it happened since I have been eating junk

for
the past month. Should I eat more? and how exactly do I get myself to

eat
when I really am not hungry?

Tori

Your body does what it needs, it'll gain and it'll lose. Ignore her/him.

Old June 18th 04, 06:41 PM
Coccinella

Tori M. wrote:
Also if you took time to read this have you ever gotten yelled at for
losing weight while pregnant? I lost 5 lbs and the WIC nutritionist
lectured me about weight loss. I weigh 333.5 now down from 338 and I
saw it down 5 lbs and was happy but no clue how it happened since I
have been eating junk for the past month. Should I eat more? and
how exactly do I get myself to eat when I really am not hungry?

Just try to eat healthy. Think that your baby is getting all the good
nutrients before you do. And if you are happy that's even better for your
baby!

Love
--
Nicky

Proud mamma to Alexandra (03/22/2004)

Old June 18th 04, 07:25 PM
H Schinske

Tori M. wrote:
Also if you took time to read this have you ever gotten yelled at for
losing weight while pregnant? I lost 5 lbs and the WIC nutritionist
lectured me about weight loss. I weigh 333.5 now down from 338

The nutritionist was probably over-applying guidelines that were meant for
people who are closer to average weight. My understanding is that if you are
quite overweight it can be normal to not gain or even to lose weight during
pregnancy, and also that people with larger total weights often have more
weight fluctuation anyway, because 5 pounds is a much smaller loss for you,
considered as a percentage.

--Helen
Old June 18th 04, 10:48 PM
Amy

Eat healthily and when you're hungry, and your body will get what it needs.
Pregnant women only need the extra calories per day equivalent to a baked
potato or a cheese sandwhich, and that's only if you weren't overeating
beforehand. It's not recommended to actively diet while pg in most cases,
but since it doesn't sound like you are, screw the nutritionist.
I lost 5-6 kg early in both pg's, and thats kilos not lbs, due to morning
sickness and my midwife wasn't concerned. I more than made up for it later
on ;-)

Old June 19th 04, 12:33 AM
Tori M.

I actualy got lectured a few times when I lost weight with Bonnie at a
differant hospital in a differant state. I am begining to think I just get
the weight loss lecture at my appointments... I would almost welcome a "what
the heck are you doing pregnant at your weight" comment after all the people
yelling at me for losing weight Ok not really..

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old June 19th 04, 04:45 AM
Wendy

Is it just me or are the people at WIC overly intrusive and bossy? I
think the only person who should be discussing weight with you is your
doctor.

Wendy

kids and curls ted General 9 May 28th 04 01:26 AM
Should I worry about my weight? Elitsirk Pregnancy 33 May 1st 04 11:34 PM
My Weight loss Story Jenny General 39 April 30th 04 05:04 PM
most weight gain...? Carla Pregnancy 14 February 4th 04 12:00 PM
Losing weight during first trimester.... Jill Pregnancy 55 December 10th 03 10:51 PM