Civil Rights Violation?

Old October 2nd 05, 01:35 PM

Here is a direct copy of the DHS web sight. My goodness, it does not take
much beyond a desire to find the truth to dispel all of this hysteria. It is
really awful to try and induce people who are seeking a fair and equitable
solution, into a "gotta run into the hills and hide" response. Let me guess
G, your profession is not law..... am I right?

[Printer Friendly] [Text Version]
Child support amnesty program to begin October 1
Contact: Stepheni Schlinker or Maureen Sorbet (517) 373-7394
Agency: Human Services

August 1, 2005
Beginning October 1 people who owe past due child support will
have a 90-day window to avoid state criminal and civil enforcement penalties
under a new law providing for a time-limited child support arrearage
amnesty.

"We know that payment of child support is a good indicator that
a parent will remain active in the lives of their children," said Marilyn
Stephen, director of the DHS Office of Child Support. "We want to do
everything to encourage that involvement and this is an opportunity for
parents to get current in their child support payments without the fear of
penalties."

Beginning Oct. 1, anyone who owes past due support can submit a
completed "Child Support Amnesty Request Form" to his or her local Friend of
the Court office. The request must be accompanied by at least half of the
past due support owed. Any remaining past-due child support must be paid by
the end of the amnesty period on Dec. 31.

I hope that clarifies the situation in Michigan for anyone in a
situation similar to my own. I am going to court and seeking a just and fair
resolution, so that I can get back to work, my child can get the child
support she needs, and so that I can get my blood sucking ex-wife paid up
and off of my back! Remember it is only money, that does not have the value,
and can not compare to the moral obligation that every parent should feel
for their child

"G" wrote in message

wrote in

Actually the word is FELONY. You might sound a whole lot smarter is you
would use spell check.

Yea, it was late last night when I got in from my second Job to help pay

off
the $50,000 in arrearages that was calculated from the first day my child
was born! Let me open your eyes here for a quick second, you say you

have
not been convicted, but yet your case is logged into the Friends if the
Court. You owe more than $10,000 in arrearages and still counting cause
your not working.

You have already committed a crime in the state of Michigan and Mike Cox

is
looking for you!
Forget about logic, common sense or thinking you can bargain with the

family
court.

Your crime is punishable by up to 4 years in the state pen.

You are already convicted, you just don't know it! Society has now classed
you as a deadbeat scumbag that has no rights.
If you own that home, you'll end up selling it to pay off the arrearage

and
avoid the prison term, but you are still a felon.

Attached Images

Old October 2nd 05, 05:25 PM

Default Civil Rights Violation?

wrote in

August 1, 2005
Beginning October 1 people who owe past due child support will
have a 90-day window to avoid state criminal and civil enforcement
penalties

Criminal penalties, criminal penalties, criminal penalties, ever wonder what
that's all about?

Beginning Oct. 1, anyone who owes past due support can submit a
completed "Child Support Amnesty Request Form" to his or her local Friend
of
the Court office. The request must be accompanied by at least half of the
past due support owed. Any remaining past-due child support must be paid
by
the end of the amnesty period on Dec. 31.

Read between the lines, if you don't pay the full $14,000 with $7000 up
front + your monthly CS rate, this agreement is null and void.
I don't need a law degree to understand this line of crap!

BTW, hears how the mechanics for this "deal of a lifetime" works. You go to
court and you will be charged with a felony as required by state law. The DA
with plea your case with this really great bargoon and you walk out a free
man until Dec 31st. If the $14,000 you owe is payed, no warrants will be
issued, but in the mean time you are still a felon and can't get a passport
as required by federal law.

For impoverished NCP's that really don't have any money, this deal is a
joke!
These CS idiots really think that there is a pot of gold to be found in
every case.

Old October 2nd 05, 05:54 PM

wrote in

Here is a direct copy of the DHS web sight. My goodness, it does not take
much beyond a desire to find the truth to dispel all of this hysteria.

Hysteria?

I know in your mind it's just a matter of working our some simple details
to make reasonable payments and get up to date.
This is what I first thought too when I was arrested last year. My wife and
I were out shopping and I stopped into Immigration to get my passport
stamped and was arrested on the spot. We thought there had to be some
mistake, so I went along eagerly to clear the matter, but it has turned into
a nightmare of Lawyers and Judges who just don't care anything about you.
The family court sytem is nothing more than a bill collector and like all
rackets, it has turned into big business.

It has nothing to do with the children anymore, it's all about lining the
pockets of the lawyers and government agencies that now depend on this
disgrace for their income.

Good luck with your case, you will be a welcome member in our ranks!

Old October 4th 05, 06:57 PM
John

It seems unlikely that the Friend of the Court can legally block your
passport. It seems that a decision like that would have to be made by a
judge. If no judge was involved, find an attorney who's eager to try a
civil rights abuse case. Young lawyers like that kind of stuff. Start
sending letters to local politicians and the US State Department and
tell them your story. They may be able to direct you as it is them who
issue and hold passports.

John

Old October 5th 05, 01:34 AM

"John" wrote in

It seems unlikely that the Friend of the Court can legally block your
passport.

Why not, they can legally take your Driver license?

Old October 5th 05, 04:19 PM
John

Who said it's legal? There are no exclusions in the Constitution for
the Friend of the Court. In either case, where is the due process? Due
process guarantees the right to a fair and public trial conducted in a
competent manner, the right to be present at the trial, the right to an
impartial jury, the right to be heard in one's own defense.

So, do you feel your right of due process was honored by the Friend of
the Court and the people who empower them?? Or was their decision based
on a one sided story. Any politician who challenges them will be
ostricized by the press. Why isn't the ACLU defending the alleged
constitutional rights of non-custodial parents.

John

Old October 5th 05, 06:31 PM
Bob Whiteside

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Who said it's legal? There are no exclusions in the Constitution for
the Friend of the Court. In either case, where is the due process? Due
process guarantees the right to a fair and public trial conducted in a
competent manner, the right to be present at the trial, the right to an
impartial jury, the right to be heard in one's own defense.

So, do you feel your right of due process was honored by the Friend of
the Court and the people who empower them?? Or was their decision based
on a one sided story. Any politician who challenges them will be
ostricized by the press. Why isn't the ACLU defending the alleged
constitutional rights of non-custodial parents.

The due process was provided in the legal proceedings leading up to the
child support order and related money judgement. The CS order contains a
money judgement which by definition of law makes any missed CS payment a
past-due amount subject to enforcement action. The money judgement is in
place so an obligee does not have to go back through the judicial or
administrative process each month a CS payment is missed to get a new order
for enforcement.

Old October 5th 05, 09:49 PM
Bob Whiteside

"Jill" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:31:01 GMT, "Bob Whiteside"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

At the same time there is no similar provision in place for those who
have been denied visitation. They must constantly return to court
(incurring more costs for themselves in the process) in the unlikely
hope that the court will grant them any relief.

You have raised a good point. It is for the reason you suggested I support
the new Parenting Plans. Although not "perfect" from the NCP's stand point,
the parenting plans are the basis for reductions in CS orders after
considering NCP time spent with the children. If a CP messes with the
visitation schedule by withholding visitation, they are incurring more child
expenses for themselves than assumed in the plan and violating a court
order.

Old October 6th 05, 01:50 AM
John

Maybe I'm not understanding your reply. I see where the due process was
executed for the child support. Where is due process when the "Friend
of the Court" unilaterally decides to deny someone a license or
passport?

John