Tongue Tie - Anyone in UK wih experience of this ( Cross Posted )

Old October 13th 05, 09:40 PM
Debbie Harrison

Default Tongue Tie - Anyone in UK wih experience of this ( Cross Posted )

Thanks Michelle. She is having problems BF and weight gain is slow but the
Drs wont do anything until he is 2. I think she will pay and have it done
privately.

Debbie
"Michelle Podnar" wrote in message
.. .
They only need to clip if there is some problems with breastfeeding an
weight gain.....me and both my girls are/were tongue tied......I had no
problem breastfeeding either of them, and I got mine clipped at the age of
19 (it was pulling on my bottom gums too hard, and it would have pulled
the
gums away and my teeth would have fallen out-not an attractive look)....

but if it is causing a problem, I have heard of it being done at just a
few
days old (her in Canada)

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002
"Debbie Harrison" wrote in message
k...
My friend has a two month son who has a tongue tie. She is currently
managing to breast feed even though his tongue tie is causing some
difficulties. She has been told by her GP and Hospital Paediatrician that
nothing will be done about it until he is at least 2 when he is beginning

talk. Does anyone else have any experience of tongue tie and any useful
infromation/help that I can pass on to her.

Many thanks in advance.

Debbie