18 Months and STILL going strong..

Old October 13th 05, 01:12 AM

Default 18 Months and STILL going strong..

Carol Ann wrote:
Don't know if anyone remembers us, but I'm Carol Ann, mom to Morgan who is
just a bit over 18 months old.

Morgan began school at St. Luke's a few weeks ago. Since then she's been
sick and clingy.

She attend M, W, and F from 9 to 1. Her breastfeeding has increased to just
about 5 times a day plus throughout the nite.

Am I doing something wrong? She seems to want it more not less with age.

I realize she is doing it for comfort more than food, but I'm concerned she
may never learn how to comfort herself if I don't help her.

The question is, how do I help her???

Carol Ann
http://tinyurl.com/b9e9r ---- Pictures of Morgan

Shes adorable. I remember when you had her you were a bundle of nerves,
its SO good to see that you are still at it.
Im sure Morgan is just adjusting and needs the breast for comfort and
security, this too shall pass. She will learn to comfort herself in
other ways when the time comes, as long as u dont mind nursing her,
this seems to be an ok way. When the breast isnt available, she will
learn other techniques. It will probably still involve being VERY close
to mom though thats the nature of babies.
Ciao
Nina

Old October 13th 05, 06:49 PM
Carol Ann

Shes adorable. I remember when you had her you were a bundle of nerves,
its SO good to see that you are still at it.
Im sure Morgan is just adjusting and needs the breast for comfort and
security, this too shall pass. She will learn to comfort herself in
other ways when the time comes, as long as u dont mind nursing her,
this seems to be an ok way. When the breast isnt available, she will
learn other techniques. It will probably still involve being VERY close
to mom though thats the nature of babies.
Ciao
Nina

Thanks, Nina!

I can't believe we are still nursing either!! I am amazed at the mother I
have become. I'm very proud of my accomplishments.

Now, if only Morgan didn't say she didn't want to go to school, it would be
easier to drop her off!!

~Carol Ann

Old October 14th 05, 03:48 AM

Carol Ann wrote:
Shes adorable. I remember when you had her you were a bundle of nerves,
its SO good to see that you are still at it.
Im sure Morgan is just adjusting and needs the breast for comfort and
security, this too shall pass. She will learn to comfort herself in
other ways when the time comes, as long as u dont mind nursing her,
this seems to be an ok way. When the breast isnt available, she will
learn other techniques. It will probably still involve being VERY close
to mom though thats the nature of babies.
Ciao
Nina

Thanks, Nina!

I can't believe we are still nursing either!! I am amazed at the mother I
have become. I'm very proud of my accomplishments.

Now, if only Morgan didn't say she didn't want to go to school, it would be
easier to drop her off!!

You've done great!
That mom guilt is a killer, isnt it? I always have a hard time leaving
mine.

~Carol Ann