confused

Old February 13th 05, 09:14 AM
colonel-burton

Default confused

i have a few questions that are confusing me
i'm a 16 year old,that had an operation made on my bladder when i was a
kid i'm not sure what its name is all i know is they cut some off ,i
don't have the gut's to ask my parents ,so what is the name of this
operation?
does it by anyways affect my preformance ?
what is the aim of it ?

Old February 13th 05, 04:44 PM
LadyCynthiaKay

By your screen name I would think this is a male asking this question
for less than innocent purposes.

Old February 13th 05, 05:06 PM
colonel-burton

umm less than innocent ,like what ?

Old February 14th 05, 01:10 PM
Hillary Israeli

In .com,
colonel-burton wrote:

*i have a few questions that are confusing me
*i'm a 16 year old,that had an operation made on my bladder when i was a
*kid i'm not sure what its name is all i know is they cut some off ,i
*don't have the gut's to ask my parents ,so what is the name of this
*operation?

Assuming you mean the urinary bladder, that would be a partial cystectomy.

*does it by anyways affect my preformance ?

What do you mean, performance? You have been urinating for the past 16
years, right? Any complaints?

*what is the aim of it ?

Usually, to remove a questionable section of the bladder for biopsy;
possibly also to reshape or reconstruct the bladder due to congenital
anomaly; I imagine it might also be done following severe trauma in some
cases.

I have a feeling this isn't what you meant to ask, though.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Old February 15th 05, 03:24 PM
colonel-burton

Hillary Israeli wrote:
In .com,
colonel-burton wrote:

*i have a few questions that are confusing me
*i'm a 16 year old,that had an operation made on my bladder when i

was a
*kid i'm not sure what its name is all i know is they cut some off ,i
*don't have the gut's to ask my parents ,so what is the name of this
*operation?

Assuming you mean the urinary bladder, that would be a partial

cystectomy.

*does it by anyways affect my preformance ?

What do you mean, performance? You have been urinating for the past

16
years, right? Any complaints?

yes it burns sometimes when i urinate ,im not sure id it's connected

Old February 15th 05, 04:06 PM
dragonlady

In article . com,
"colonel-burton" wrote:

Hillary Israeli wrote:
In .com,
colonel-burton wrote:

*i have a few questions that are confusing me
*i'm a 16 year old,that had an operation made on my bladder when i

was a
*kid i'm not sure what its name is all i know is they cut some off ,i
*don't have the gut's to ask my parents ,so what is the name of this
*operation?

Assuming you mean the urinary bladder, that would be a partial

cystectomy.

*does it by anyways affect my preformance ?

What do you mean, performance? You have been urinating for the past

16
years, right? Any complaints?

yes it burns sometimes when i urinate ,im not sure id it's connected

I doubt that it has anything to do with the early surgery, but it is
often a sign of something ELSE wrong. Get to a doctor.

Old February 15th 05, 04:44 PM
Hillary Israeli

*
* What do you mean, performance? You have been urinating for the past 16
* years, right? Any complaints?
*
*yes it burns sometimes when i urinate ,im not sure id it's connected

Dysuria (painful or difficult urination) is something you should have
checked out by a physician. If the surgery was a long time ago, it's
likely unrelated, but I suppose if the surgery left a dimple or other
abnormal outpouching of the bladder, it could provide a nidus of chronic
infection by allowing urine to pool there, resulting in chronic UTI which
is a differential for dysuria in men (along with urethritis, epididymitis,
and prostatitis...)

Good luck.

Old February 15th 05, 04:47 PM
colonel-burton

I doubt that it has anything to do with the early surgery, but it is
often a sign of something ELSE wrong. Get to a doctor.

else like what ? is it very important i go to a doctor ?

Old February 15th 05, 05:24 PM
Hillary Israeli

In .com,
colonel-burton wrote:

*
* I doubt that it has anything to do with the early surgery, but it is
* often a sign of something ELSE wrong. Get to a doctor.
*
*else like what ? is it very important i go to a doctor ?

Like what I wrote in my other post. Urinary tract infection (cystitis),
urethritis, epididymitis, prostatitis. Put it this way - if my husband,
brother, or son were complaining of painful urination, I would take him to
the doctor or insist that he go himself to the doctor, to get checked out.
It may not be a major concern, but then again, it may be something which
untreated could progress to a life-threatening kidney infection, or a
fertility-threatening orchitis, or some such event. Hanging around the
internet asking questions is a good way to avoid momentary embarrassment
by bringing up a touchy personal subject with your parents or your doctor,
but it isn't a good way to take care of the only body you have. Please,
just go see a doc - and report back so we know you are ok.

Old February 15th 05, 06:26 PM
dragonlady

In article .com,
"colonel-burton" wrote:

I doubt that it has anything to do with the early surgery, but it is
often a sign of something ELSE wrong. Get to a doctor.

else like what ? is it very important i go to a doctor ?

The two that come to the top of my mind are some STD's and urinary tract
infections.

Yes, it is VERY important that you go to a doctor.

Some STD's will become asymptomatic without going away, and you can
infect others. Most uninary tract infections need antibiotic treatment.

Burning while urinating is not normal, and you definately need to see a
doctor.

I don't remember how old you are, but if you are afraid to tell your
parents, go to Planned Parenthood for an examintation. They will not
tell your parents if you don't want them to.

On the other hand, parents are usually more understanding in a pinch
than you guys give us credit for!