FAO Sidheag

Old October 14th 05, 01:34 PM
Anne Rogers

Default FAO Sidheag

I've just put 2 and 2 together and made about 3 million, a while back you
must have accidently emailed me from your real name, at the time I didn't
register who on earth it was or why or earth they were saying what they were
saying, but finally I have twigged, I am freaked out by how many people we
must both know irl.

Anne

Old October 14th 05, 02:13 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Anne Rogers writes:

I've just put 2 and 2 together and made about 3 million, a while back
you must have accidently emailed me from your real name, at the time I
didn't register who on earth it was or why or earth they were saying
what they were saying, but finally I have twigged, I am freaked out by
how many people we must both know irl.

It probably wasn't accidental: I often use my real name when I email people
personally. It's mostly a question of which account I happen to be using.
(I use a screenname because I don't want a web search for my IRL name to
show up my postings, not particularly because I mind people knowing who I
am IRL.) I'm sorry if I spooked you though - I usually remember to include
both names to let people place me.

It is a very small world, I see proofs of this regularly! It can be very
strange when you think you're in one part of your world and someone from
another turns up. Nice, though, I tend to feel. I like the connectedness of
it. YMMV!

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Old October 14th 05, 02:43 PM
Anne Rogers

It probably wasn't accidental: I often use my real name when I email
people
personally. It's mostly a question of which account I happen to be using.
(I use a screenname because I don't want a web search for my IRL name to
show up my postings, not particularly because I mind people knowing who I
am IRL.) I'm sorry if I spooked you though - I usually remember to include
both names to let people place me.

not sure whether you did or didn't as I don't have the original email, but
it confused me for a long time!

It is a very small world, I see proofs of this regularly! It can be very
strange when you think you're in one part of your world and someone from
another turns up. Nice, though, I tend to feel. I like the connectedness
of
it. YMMV!

absolutely, a while back it turned out that someone who posted infrequently
on misc.kids.pregnancy went to the same baby swimming classes as Nathanael
and I! It does feel kind of nice, though can sometimes cause issues, one of
my bizarrest memories of "it's a small world" was walking out of a pub and
seeing two friends sat on a bench, I say "hi" and they each respond and then
turn to each other and say "so how do you know Anne", when I hadn't even
registered that would be a possibility.

When I was in hospital before Ada was born, a friend came to visit me, and
when she entered the ward she said "I've come to see Anne Rogers" rather
than "visit" and the nurse or whoever she spoke to gave her my notes! which
is slightly worrying.

Anne

Old October 14th 05, 02:55 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Anne Rogers writes:

When I was in hospital before Ada was born, a friend came to visit me,
and when she entered the ward she said "I've come to see Anne Rogers"
rather than "visit" and the nurse or whoever she spoke to gave her my
notes! which is slightly worrying.

ROTFL, but yes! Did your friend happen to be wearing a white coat?!

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Old October 14th 05, 04:30 PM
Anne Rogers

When I was in hospital before Ada was born, a friend came to visit me,
and when she entered the ward she said "I've come to see Anne Rogers"
rather than "visit" and the nurse or whoever she spoke to gave her my
notes! which is slightly worrying.

ROTFL, but yes! Did your friend happen to be wearing a white coat?!

nope, she was just wearing her own clothes, but she did have a id badge, but
given the size of the hospital there must be 10000+ people with ID badges. I
suspect they recognised her vaguely as the lab she works in is literally the
other side of the corridor from the ante/postnatal ward and therefore
assumed she was there in an official capacity.

Anne

day care dilemma ted General 15 November 25th 04 12:45 AM
Sidheag: birth announcement Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 18 November 2nd 03 09:31 PM
Sidheag Anne Rogers Pregnancy 1 October 29th 03 12:23 PM