Fav children's books

Old July 31st 03, 04:04 AM
Cathy

Default Fav children's books

A&G&K wrote in message
After reading the previous post about when to start reading to kids, I was
wondering what everybody's favourite children's books are at the moment

both recent releases and old favs.

I have always loved "Possum Magic" by Mem Fox (Julie Vivas' drawings are
divine).

I have a newer release cardboard book called "Big Blue Tractor's Busy Day"
which we also love, but more because it is almost *exactly* what DD's
Granddad's big blue tractor does on a daily basis.

Cheers
Amanda ... with soundly sleeping DD on lap

What about the Hairy Maclary series? My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes is
popular in our house, first with me, now with DD. Dr. Seuss books? Cripes,
there seems to be so many. Currently the telephone directory is DD's
favourite (she's 7 months). Lots of pages to turn, and a nice cardboard
cover to mouthe.

Cathy

Old July 31st 03, 04:16 AM
nnaesor

Right now, Matthew (26 months) loves everything Sandra Boynton. Also the
Goodnight Moon books, and a little people book about what amy wants (very
annoying, but he loves it).

Michael (6) is very into Spongebob and loves to read Highlights and Boys
Life magazines and any and everything he can get his hands on. He has been
devouring his Encyclopedia of Everything Gross. He wants me to start reading
him the Harry Potter series, but I'm not so sure about that yet.

Roseann

Old August 1st 03, 09:28 PM
A&G&K

"Cathy" wrote in message

A&G&K wrote in message
[...]

Hairy Maclary and Slinky Malinky are other favs in this house. I know many
of the HMs off by heart so we quite often tell DD those stories when out in
the car. They have such a great rhythm and wonderful adjectives for all the
"gang". My DH likes Dr Seuss more than me (the drawings always scared me as
a child) and he particularly likes "Are you my mother?" ...
What a great idea re the old phone books for kids. It doesn't matter if
they get ripped up. I'm also thinking that they would be great for
scribbling on when DD is up to drawing with pencils (as opposed to sucking
them).
Amanda

Old August 9th 03, 10:42 PM

my teenagers still remember _Goodnight Moon_ by Peter Curry as a favorite,
but it's out of print. I would love another one for this child - theirs is
beat up!
--
Edith
oht nak