29 week update

Old August 19th 03, 01:02 PM
Linz

Default 29 week update

Doesn't time fly! This would have been a 28 week update, but I was on
holiday at the time, so we moved the midwife appointment a week later. This
meant going to the sister surgery (my GP runs two surgeries in neighbouring
villages, and a midwife does one Thursday in one surgery and the next in the
other) but it was the same midwife, Ann, covering for a colleague on
holiday, which was nice!

Anyway, I took Mum as well as Bloke this time, as she was visiting to
cat-sit and if all goes to plan will be attending the birth too. We got to
have a good listen to Bug's heartbeat this time - Bug is running out of room
to hide from the sonicaid as is evidenced by the huge amounts of activity I
feel. Ann had a good feel of my tummy, decided that Bug is, currently, head
down and leaning to my right - as we'd thought - and said "baby's a good
size" (her notes indicate that baby is bang on for dates which is fine by
me!). She also felt plenty of movement. My BP was fine, as was my urine,
which was a (minor) relief because with the heat we'd been having, my feet
were like sausages and I wanted to check that it /was/ purely the heat.

Got my MatB1 which I must remember to send off to Personnel today.

Made the next appointment. I am now on the two-week schedule. OMIGOD!
Except, in order to get back to my normal surgery, the next appointment is
in 3 weeks, rather than 2 - we all thought that would be more sensible than
an appointment 1 week on was a bit OTT at this stage.

Where did the time go? I have piles of donated baby clothes and bedding on
the living room floor ready to be washed and put away, and Bloke is sanding
down the cot after stripping off the chipped paint and applying primer. I
have 8 more weeks at work. Things are moving on!

Old August 19th 03, 10:47 PM
Em

"Linz" wrote in message
Doesn't time fly! This would have been a 28 week update, but I was on
holiday at the time, so we moved the midwife appointment a week later.

This
meant going to the sister surgery (my GP runs two surgeries in

neighbouring
villages, and a midwife does one Thursday in one surgery and the next in

the
other) but it was the same midwife, Ann, covering for a colleague on
holiday, which was nice!

Time does fly! I remember your early posts well and how you were a little
hestitant about the pregnancy (waiting to tell your parents until well
established, etc.). It is marvelous that things are going so well for you
and the Bug (& Bloke too)!

[...]

I remember feeling incredibly strange about being on the every two weeks
schedule when I made my appointments a couple of months ago. Now I'm on the
every week schedule! Too weird.

Where did the time go? I have piles of donated baby clothes and bedding on
the living room floor ready to be washed and put away, and Bloke is

sanding
down the cot after stripping off the chipped paint and applying primer. I
have 8 more weeks at work. Things are moving on!

Have fun getting all of the things prepared. I know I'll be tired of it soon
enough, but I really had fun washing the baby things for the first
time--they're so fresh and so little!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old August 20th 03, 01:26 PM
Linz

"Daye" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:02:22 +0100, "Linz"
wrote:

She also felt plenty of movement. My BP was fine, as was my urine,

Sounds like you are doing great!!

I certainly feel fine, and everyone at work is telling me how good I'm
looking. I think I like this stage of pregnancy! And I can't keep my hands
off my belly - I love to feel the kicks and squirms and hiccoughs (except at
three in the morning!).

Old August 20th 03, 01:29 PM
Linz

"Em" wrote in message
"Linz" wrote in message
Doesn't time fly! This would have been a 28 week update, but I was on
holiday at the time, so we moved the midwife appointment a week later.
This meant going to the sister surgery (my GP runs two surgeries in
neighbouring villages, and a midwife does one Thursday in one surgery
and the next in the other) but it was the same midwife, Ann, covering
for a colleague on holiday, which was nice!

Time does fly! I remember your early posts well and how you were a little
hestitant about the pregnancy (waiting to tell your parents until well
established, etc.). It is marvelous that things are going so well for you
and the Bug (& Bloke too)!

Thanks! It's so nice being able to be excited!

Made the next appointment. I am now on the two-week schedule. OMIGOD!
Except, in order to get back to my normal surgery, the next appointment

is
in 3 weeks, rather than 2 - we all thought that would be more sensible
than an appointment 1 week on was a bit OTT at this stage.

I remember feeling incredibly strange about being on the every two weeks
schedule when I made my appointments a couple of months ago. Now I'm on

the
every week schedule! Too weird.

Oh my! I can't think that far ahead! Knowing that we'll be starting
ante-natal classes soon is enough for me!

Where did the time go? I have piles of donated baby clothes and bedding

on
the living room floor ready to be washed and put away, and Bloke is
sanding down the cot after stripping off the chipped paint and applying

primer.
I have 8 more weeks at work. Things are moving on!

Have fun getting all of the things prepared. I know I'll be tired of it

soon
enough, but I really had fun washing the baby things for the first
time--they're so fresh and so little!

Bloke said something like that yesterday - look at all those tiny things on
the airer! There'll be someone inside them soon!

36 week update Shannon Pregnancy 1 August 18th 03 09:27 PM
34 Week Update Cindy Camp Pregnancy 1 August 15th 03 08:03 PM
Late 31 Week Update Cindy Camp Pregnancy 1 July 31st 03 06:00 PM
32 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 8 July 31st 03 03:04 PM
30 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 1 July 11th 03 10:12 PM