Definition of "Final Decision Making on all Major Issues"

Old October 24th 07, 08:45 PM posted to alt.child-support
Justthe6ofus

Default Definition of "Final Decision Making on all Major Issues"

My husband recently gained custody of his 2 children ages 9 & 5, there
is a statement in the decree that says "Father shall have Final
Decision Making on all Major Issues", however we have no idea what the
definition for that is and when we asked the courts they couldn't help
either.

The latest problem is that their mother is constantly taking them out
of school early or taking them in late on her visitation days. She is
also trying to schedule doctors and dentist appointments which will
not be covered by insurance because it isn't into the next yearly
physical cyle (hope that makes sense). We have had to call all the
doctors/dentists and inform them that if she is to take them in my
husband is not responsible and she would have to pay cash up front.
But we believe that she is getting them new doctors/dentists and
because the insurance is in Dad's name he will be billed.

We've received phone calls from the principal of the kids' school
asking if there's any way to stop her from taking them out early and
due to the wording being so vague we don't think we can do anything.

Does anyone know if any of these things are included in the "Final
decision making on all major issues"?

Also, would it be considered contempt if she is taking them out of
daycare on Dad's days even if for 1/2 an hour then returning them
right before she knows he's going to pick them up?

Thanks for any help

Shoot me now...

Old October 24th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Justthe6ofus" wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband recently gained custody of his 2 children ages 9 & 5, there
is a statement in the decree that says "Father shall have Final
Decision Making on all Major Issues", however we have no idea what the
definition for that is and when we asked the courts they couldn't help
either.

It means in "any" dispute, you have the final say!

She has no authorization to use your husband's medical coverage where ever
she pleases!

Notify the School of her scheduled visitation days, she has no authorization
to see the children at any other time.

Old October 24th 07, 11:55 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"DB" wrote

"Justthe6ofus" wrote
My husband recently gained custody of his 2 children ages 9 & 5, there
is a statement in the decree that says "Father shall have Final
Decision Making on all Major Issues", however we have no idea what the
definition for that is and when we asked the courts they couldn't help
either.

It means in "any" dispute, you have the final say!

She has no authorization to use your husband's medical coverage where ever
she pleases!

==
DB, there's no way you can know this unless you've read the policy.

Old October 25th 07, 04:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
Justthe6ofus

On Oct 24, 4:55 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"DB" wrote

"Justthe6ofus" wrote
My husband recently gained custody of his 2 children ages 9 & 5, there
is a statement in the decree that says "Father shall have Final
Decision Making on all Major Issues", however we have no idea what the
definition for that is and when we asked the courts they couldn't help
either.

It means in "any" dispute, you have the final say!

She has no authorization to use your husband's medical coverage where ever
she pleases!

==
DB, there's no way you can know this unless you've read the policy.

We have a status conference scheduled for Dec. 6th, my husband just
spoke to the school principal who is doing everything she can to not
allow the mother to take the kids out of school but of course her
hands as well as ours are tied in the end. She does have authorization
to use his insurance as the judge made him hand over the insurance
card in court...
At this point we're putting together a whole new case and we will
request supervised visits, even though we enjoy our time every other
weekend without the kiddos, or at the very least request she get a
psych eval. We've asked for a definition but have gotten nowhere with
the courts, of course.

My husband is the one who pays her CS in Colorado it goes by income of
both parents.

Old October 25th 07, 04:32 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Justthe6ofus" wrote

We have a status conference scheduled for Dec. 6th, my husband just
spoke to the school principal who is doing everything she can to not
allow the mother to take the kids out of school but of course her
hands as well as ours are tied in the end. She does have authorization
to use his insurance as the judge made him hand over the insurance
card in court...
At this point we're putting together a whole new case and we will
request supervised visits, even though we enjoy our time every other
weekend without the kiddos, or at the very least request she get a
psych eval. We've asked for a definition but have gotten nowhere with
the courts, of course.

My husband is the one who pays her CS in Colorado it goes by income of
both parents.

==
One of the bizarre anti-dad policies in family court.. Good luck at the
conference.