Checking in!

Old December 10th 07, 09:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

Default Checking in!

Hiya

Just thought I'd make a post as it's been so empty here! SO... are you all
ready for Christmas? I think we are, just a few last minute pressies left to
get.

What are your DDs and DSs up to? Jessica will be 18 months on Christmas Eve.
She seems enormous now! I saw my friend's little DS the other week, and
couldn't believe he was the same size as Jessie was 18 months ago!! Surely
she was never that little and fragile! She's getting quite a few words now -
toast, shoe, juice, bear, that kind of thing. She's got all but a couple of
teeth now, and all her clothes are aged 2-3, so I guess she's not so much of
a baby now! She's also got majorly curly hair, which was a surprise! She's
got such big ringlets that people stop me in the street to comment on them!
We've been TTC since July, as I think she'd love a little brother or sister,
but we've not got anywhere yet - still, it's nice having this time with just
her.

This is her now
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=DSC00378.jpg

Whatever holidays you and your family celebrate, I hope you all have a
lovely time.

Lucy x

Old December 11th 07, 03:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Dec 10, 1:13 pm, "Lucy-lu" wrote:
Hiya

Just thought I'd make a post as it's been so empty here! SO... are you all
ready for Christmas? I think we are, just a few last minute pressies left to
get.

I haven't even started yet, which I really have to do right away,
since things need to be mailed.

What are your DDs and DSs up to? Jessica will be 18 months on Christmas Eve.

I'm usually to lazy to post, but have enjoyed reading about your
Jessica. She looks darling.

My kids are 3, 6 and 9 years old and I'm expecting another in early
Feb. One of our big sports is swim team/ swimming lessons, but they
also do gymnastics, ice skating and cross country ski around our yard.

She seems enormous now! I saw my friend's little DS the other week, and
couldn't believe he was the same size as Jessie was 18 months ago!! Surely
she was never that little and fragile! She's getting quite a few words now -
toast, shoe, juice, bear, that kind of thing. She's got all but a couple of
teeth now, and all her clothes are aged 2-3, so I guess she's not so

She is probably about the same size as my 3 yo. My 9 yo is the one
who has always passed as older because of her size.

We've been TTC since July, as I think she'd love a little brother or sister,
but we've not got anywhere yet - still, it's nice having this time with just
her.

While our kids are not as close in age as we had planned, it has
worked out well for us. I also get to enjoy every stage of baby and
toddlerhood over a longer period of time.

--Betsy

Old December 12th 07, 04:46 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

Lucy-lu, she is huge!

My little Hungry Girl still deserves her nickname. She is just 14
months now and (boo hoo!) too tall for the cute Christmas sleepers her
older brother wore when he was 20 months old. She has 4 teeth and is
walking. She does not talk yet but her receptive vocabulary seems
large, and this morning she exclaimed "apple juice!". She is still
nursing! Both sides when she gets up and a quickie before and after
naps.

Monkey Boy is hard at work learning how to read and write. Gaak!
Where does the time go?

Pologirl
Old December 12th 07, 05:55 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Lucy-lu schrieb:
Hiya

Just thought I'd make a post as it's been so empty here! SO... are you all
ready for Christmas? I think we are, just a few last minute pressies left to
get.

Yeah, it's really empty, isn't it? I remember 7-8 years ago I'd be
wading thru 300+ posts a day here...

Sam is 7 now, Sara is 3 months old, I can see so many differences
already! She nurses like a champ, grows like a weed and is babbling and
smiling and drooling, omg, I never thought a baby could drool so much!
She's growing out of the clothes Sam was barely fitting into (there's
only 20 days between their birthdays)... We bought diaper covers
yesterday, she doesn't tolerate the wool covers, at least that's the
same *lol*.

Christmas kind of snuck up on me, again. I have two presents ready to be
wrapped, the socks for my brother are slowly growing, I started knitting
those over a year ago, then morning sickness hit and I didn't get them
done for Christmas, hopefully this year, ey? My parents probably won't
get presents this year, and my grandfather... I have no idea what to
give him. I know what I want to buy for Sara and I'll probably get that
tomorrow.

I want something small for Sam, I've already got a dvd for him, I'll
maybe get some Lego.

Yeah well, that's as far as I got last night, turns out he's sick this
morning, so no gift shopping today... Maybe I can do it online though :-/

Well, I'm off to get back into bed with my two and we'll be doing the
sleeping/reading/watching movies routine today and hope he's well again
tomorrow.

take care
nicole
Old December 14th 07, 03:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Joy

On Dec 11, 10:46 pm, Pologirl wrote:
Lucy-lu, she is huge!

My little Hungry Girl still deserves her nickname. She is just 14
months now and (boo hoo!) too tall for the cute Christmas sleepers her
older brother wore when he was 20 months old. She has 4 teeth and is
walking. She does not talk yet but her receptive vocabulary seems
large, and this morning she exclaimed "apple juice!". She is still
nursing! Both sides when she gets up and a quickie before and after
naps.

Monkey Boy is hard at work learning how to read and write. Gaak!
Where does the time go?

I have to say, Pologirl, that Hungry Girl is doing awesome! I still
remember your posts when you were pregnant with her. And Monkey Boy,
reading and writing... Boy, where does time go?!

Joy

(mom to four loud children)
Old December 14th 07, 04:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Lucy-lu" wrote in message
Hiya

Just thought I'd make a post as it's been so empty here! SO... are you all
ready for Christmas? I think we are, just a few last minute pressies left
to get.

No. Not really ready. Don't remember a year I was so disorganised. I'm
usually finished way before this.

What are your DDs and DSs up to? Jessica will be 18 months on Christmas
Eve. She seems enormous now! I saw my friend's little DS the other week,
and couldn't believe he was the same size as Jessie was 18 months ago!!
Surely she was never that little and fragile! She's getting quite a few
words now - toast, shoe, juice, bear, that kind of thing. She's got all
but a couple of teeth now, and all her clothes are aged 2-3, so I guess
she's not so much of a baby now! She's also got majorly curly hair, which
was a surprise! She's got such big ringlets that people stop me in the
street to comment on them! We've been TTC since July, as I think she'd
love a little brother or sister, but we've not got anywhere yet - still,
it's nice having this time with just her.

This is her now
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=DSC00378.jpg

Cute!!
Whatever holidays you and your family celebrate, I hope you all have a
lovely time.

dd#1 is now 7 and very much in charge. Last year at her current school, and
I'm not looking forward to the change :-(
She's into reading and starring on stage. Got the huge part of teacher#3 in
her school play. Healthy, happy, adores her younger brother, and very tired
due to reading as much of the night as she can get away with. Just started
playing the piano, and apparently quite good. Dh is good so maybe she gets
it from him.
dd#2 has just turned 4 and has the same curly hair as you describe. People
always comment on her hair and big blue eyes. She's a drama queen with a
beautiful sad look when she doesn't get her own way. Today she decided to
demonstrate that she was too tired to walk (despite tearing around 5 minutes
earlier) by collapsing full length on the floor. Then she had to show me how
red her knees were :-)
She's reading well now and finally writing words other than her name. She's
doing her Christmas cards now. Next year she's off to school and she'll be
more than ready. She's looking forward to going. She's got an ear infection
at present to add to all the illnesses she's had this term. Thankfully we
haven't had to return to A & E since the last time, but twice in 2 weeks is
a bit much for anyone! In need of a new hand, which keeps being cancelled
due to illness.
ds#3 is now 6 months. Feeding well, but he's also down with an ear
infection. Antibiotics and calpol all over the carpet from the last time he
sneezed them out... he's learnt to roll over and crawl backwards. He's got a
smile for everyone and chats to anything with a face including his teddy!
Going to be weaned onto solids after Christmas when hopefully he'll be
ready. Loves cuddles, and sleeps beautifully all night and most of the
morning too! Likes playing with a ball now (and the label on it too)
I've spent so much time at GP and hospital with #2 ad #3 since mid October
that I'm threatening to camp in the waiting room. Luckily it's been nothing
bad, but just constant small things. Hopefully they'll be well next year as
they'll have had everything this year.
Debbie

Old December 16th 07, 03:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

Joy wrote:
I have to say, Pologirl, that Hungry Girl is doing awesome! I still
remember your posts when you were pregnant with her. And Monkey Boy,
reading and writing... Boy, where does time go?!

Joy

(mom to four loud children)

Thanks, Joy! She is just wonderful. It has taken a year, but I am
starting to feel like myself again.

Pologirl
Old December 20th 07, 02:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

On Dec 10, 1:13 pm, "Lucy-lu" wrote:
Hiya

Just thought I'd make a post as it's been so empty here! SO... are you all
ready for Christmas? I think we are, just a few last minute pressies left to
get.

It really is empty--I hate to compare to when I was pg with Xander,
but I now have to read on the web (drives me crazy) and there's just
so much junk to filter through any more.

What are your DDs and DSs up to?

Alexander is now 6 years old (where has that time gone?) and in first
grade (he skipped kindergarten). He loves school. When we have a 3 day
weekend, but the end of the second day, he's making up homework for
himself. He just about was losing it over Thanksgiving break, so I
have to say, I'm not really looking forward to continuing to entertain
him over the next two weeks (he got out on Tuesday). He's reading at a
2nd grade level now, and shocked me with claiming, "Mommy, I
discovered something, look!" two days ago. On his chalkboard he had
drawn out 1/2, 1/4, 1/6, made the corresponding boxes and colored in
the "1" for each section. He "discovered" fractions! LOL! He's making
lots of friends at school (almost all girls), and is starting to be
quite responsible.

Last year for Christmas he asked for a Baby Brother. Then for his
birthday in Sept, he asked for a Baby Brother and a Baby Sister. Now
for Christmas this year, he has asked for a Baby Brother and *two*
Baby Sisters ("That way it will be even, Mom."). Seriously, we're
going to have to present him with a sibling soon if we're going to get
off the hook for having 4 more kids by next Sept at this rate! We're
actually looking at starting trying in April of this next year
(although, I certainly wouldn't be upset by an accident before then).
We are now guaranteed a 7 year gap, which just shocks me. I *never*
thought that would be the case. I was struggling with the feelings of
"why can't we?" recently as we now have 15 (yes, that's right, 15)
friends or family who are due between next April and August. I'm
actually starting to dread the Christmas newsletters since 3 have
announced pgs that way. Oh well. My SIL is due in July, and I'm
currently living vicariously through her right now.

This is her now http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...ics/?action=vi...

What a cutie-bug! :-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James
Old December 21st 07, 05:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

sharalyns schrieb:
Alexander is now 6 years old (where has that time gone?)

snip

Isn't his birthday September 21, too? I think I remember you, Sam was
born September 21 2000, so you better get cracking, Sara was born
September 1st, this gives you.... Well, not much time ;-)

Sorry, I'm feeling very silly/funny right now, we just put up the tree
and it's the first time we didn't do it an the 24th, but since we're
leaving for a quick vacation on the 25th there's just not much point in
putting up a tree at all if you're only going to see it for a day...

take care
nicole
Old December 22nd 07, 01:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

On Dec 21, 9:27 am, NL wrote:
sharalyns schrieb: Alexander is now 6 years old (where has that time gone?)

snip

Isn't his birthday September 21, too? I think I remember you, Sam was
born September 21 2000, so you better get cracking, Sara was born
September 1st, this gives you.... Well, not much time ;-)

Sorry, I'm feeling very silly/funny right now, we just put up the tree
and it's the first time we didn't do it an the 24th, but since we're
leaving for a quick vacation on the 25th there's just not much point in
putting up a tree at all if you're only going to see it for a day...

take care
nicole

Yep--That's me! :-) Sadly--not happening for Sept. 1st--the earliest
we can manage at this point would be Sept. 30th. ;-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James

JUST CHECKING IN SHERRY Single Parents 0 January 6th 06 09:43 PM
Checking In Crystal Dreamer Pregnancy 2 December 29th 05 10:28 PM
Checking in Shelley Pregnancy 4 April 27th 05 01:45 PM
Checking for progress Wendy Pregnancy 78 November 13th 04 12:12 PM
Background Checking TK Child Support 9 June 1st 04 01:09 PM