Single parent check in!

Old March 28th 07, 07:14 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Single parent check in!

Hey folks Watz up? How's life out there? Anybody there? How about some
communication up in here!

Bev

Old March 29th 07, 07:09 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey folks Watz up? How's life out there? Anybody there? How about some
communication up in here!

Bev

I'm here!

I've been sooo sick...
It started Monday night... I went to bed, tossed and turned. It was so
bloody hot, for some reason. I was informed that I was sleep walking and
sleep talking for most of the night. I also, I guess, was sleep showering.
Wha? Anyways, don't remember it, but that's what I was told!
I woke up in the morning on Tuesday feeling like I had been hit by a train.
I slept until about 5pm. N brought M up to me for feedings and for her to
sleep with me when it was her nap time, but other than kind of rolling over
and feeding M, I didn't do much of anything. I just couldn't!
Tuesday night, I managed to barely make it to Walmart and met a friend and
her daughter there. I took M with me as she tends to settle down in the car
very nicely - sometimes... Picked up a few things I needed and also some
Tylenol and Advil. Went home and popped 1000mg of Tylenol and 600mg of
Advil (what my friend had said to take, as that's what she took right after
her son was born!) boy, did that ever help! I started to feel 100x better
by the time I was ready for bed. Woke up this morning feeling a bit better,
and still feel kind of crappy, but not like the day before.

It's spring break here, so yea, I won't even comment on that one...

I'm still trying to work on scanning the pictures from my mom's (and dad's,
I guess) wedding album to make a wedding scrapbook for Mother's Day for my
mom. Houston, there seems to be a problem with the scanner!!!!! POS is
what it is, IM(NS)HO! It just up and stopped working... Still trying to
bugger around with it but it's kind of ****ing me off more than anything.
I'm about 2 steps away from smashing it into itty bitty pieces. I'm going
to see if my brother(s) will help me out with this... I'll do all the actual
work for it if they'll help me out with some of the expenses, and boy does
there ever seem to be expenses! Decided it would be a lot easier (and
cheaper) to just scan them and bring them to Walmart or something to get
developed. That will cost some $$... I also want to invest in a quality
album - probably a Creative Memories album, and they're fairly pricey... But
at least they're top-notch quality, especially for something like a wedding
book - it's not really something you pull out every time company is over, so
CM books at least are guaranteed and have better pages that don't trap dust
between the plastic. I do have lots of wedding and romatic type stickers
and papers and gadgets... That's not a big issue, it's more the cost to
print pics and buy other supplies like the book and all that. I know my one
brother would help out, but the other is kind of useless, but we'll see.

B's still doing fine in school. He prefers to be riding his bike as much as
possible now that it's been a lot nicer out and the snow is going away.
I've signed him up for soccer for this spring, and he's definitely looking
forward to that. Grandma took him a couple weekends ago and he spent the
night. They went shopping before coming home, and she bought him some
soccer cleats. He doesn't really need them at this age, but it got him
looking forward to playing soccer even more. Still is stupidly nuts over
army stuff and dinosaurs. We're going over to Z's house for a little
playdate tomorrow, as Z's mom called earlier today to see what we were up to
and see if we were free tomorrow. He just turned 6 a couple months ago, and
it seems like yesterday he was just a baby!

A's new favorite word is "pretty" - I do her hair up in piggies all the
time, and I always say something like, "Mommy will do your hair pretty now!"
or "Oh, your hair looks so pretty!" so now she always grabs her bag of
elastics, ties and comb and says, 'pretty!' and her shoes are also "pretty"
too. New favorite word, but it's not as bad as hearing "Yeah!? Pooh Bear!"
all the time! She does say quite a bit, it seems, but it seems to be the
regular, easy words... Mama, Daddy, baby, Pooh Bear, yes, more, pretty, cat,
dog, bear, book, ball, etc., shakes her head no, but won't say no (yay!)
says, "Da" instead of Brandon, what sounds like "Saza" for 'Sally' (the cat)
and the one my bro likes best, "t" (as the sound 'T' makes) for fish...
Although we don't get it... She's used the potty only a couple times, but oh
well. She's 20 months now.

M has mastered rolling not too long ago. She also found her voice a little
while back. She still won't take a bottle of breast milk, but nurses still
like a champ. She can go for about 4-5 hours during the day between
feedings, normally sleeps all night long. Still shows absolutely NO
interest in any type of food - if you can even consider the baby rice cereal
as food. She still seems to have the tongue thrust reflex and won't go near
a spoon. She seems to be content just nursing, though, so oh well. I know
the others were starting solids for sure by this age, as I remember clearly
at the others' 6 month checkups, the ped said to try them on basically
whatever we're eating (with the exception of cow's milk, honey and nuts),
just toss it in the blender. Other than that, she's pretty boring for the
most part as there's really nothing new lol. She's already 5 months, and
does it ever seem like time flies...

Other than that, not much new around here. I've spent most of today doing
massive amounts of laundry. Ugh...

Old March 29th 07, 02:49 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Hey Kat ! I knew I could count on you for a nice long read with my
morning coffee! LOL!
Good to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like the kids are doing
well and it sounds like you and Norm are back together. I hope this is
a good thing for you. As long as he behaves himself and treats you and
the children well, oh..... and works ! :-)

I have had some ups and some very stressful downs over the past few
months. My daughter S had the baby on Feb 6th and all is well with
them. S's b/f graduated from basic training and is now a live in
member of the houshold.S's daughter J is all of 3 going on 15 and
keeps us on our toes, yes she is just about running this household and
nanny bebe is trying to fix the mess that needs to be fixed. I didn't
make it but there has to be the bad guy and it looks like I was
chosen. J was jumping on the bed the other day while M was playing
with her and she fell and smacked her face on the night stand and
split open her left eyebrow, which was nicely glued at the ER.

I left for Texas on Feb 9th to help take care of my mom. The first
week seemed ok considering she was just in the hospital with
congestive heart failure. She seemed to begin to get weaker slowly,
not able to control her bladder. We hit a few doc appointments around
the 15th of Feb and we were told Mom had 4 months to a year and we
should set up hospice at home. We did and on Feb23rd (dads birthday)
we called the hospice nurse because moms oxygen saturation was at 80
at rest which is what she told us was "Not life supporting" Moms
oxygen was set at 5liters and basically this nurse told us she was
dying and she would be suprised if she made it through the weekend, it
was Friday.She convinced us mom would be more comfortable in the in
patient hospice so we moved her that night . I stayed on with her for
like the first week or so before everyone convinced me to go back to
my sisters one night. What seemed to happen was as they continued to
give mom morphine and any other drug they could to "Help her rest"
they also wanted to stop giving her all the medications that were
considered restorative care. Like moms coumadin and other heart
medication, diebetic insulin shots and some others as well. I stopped
them from doing that. I know all the conversations I have had with mom
led me to know what she would have wanted. She would have wanted to be
asked this. So I said you stop drugging her into unconsciousness and
you ask HER if that is what she wants.So they did that and Mom said NO
I will die! Mom was awake enough now to talk to and I told her what
was going on and she said I dont want morphine and I dont want to be
doped up. So I'd say about three weeeks after going into the hospice
to die Mom has been steadily getting better, is in a rehabilitation
center, and her oxygen is set at 4 liters
she gets up to the comode on her own and has begun to start walking
further distances. The plan is she is going to walk out of that
facility to go home within the next few weeks! I came home I think the
16th of March and have one hell of a mess of a personal life to
straighten out but other than that I am F.I.N.E.

Keep in touch kid!

Bev

oups.com...

Old April 4th 07, 10:27 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

On 28 Mar, 19:14, "Bev" wrote:
Hey folks Watz up? How's life out there? Anybody there? How about some
communication up in here!

Bev

Hi, me again, hope Easter is going well,
Very tired this week, the final week of school was interesting
I was making animal costumes until all hours, just out of bits
and pieces of fabric, old curtains too good to throw out cos
they only needed the hems tidied up, the costumes in the shops
wern't bad, and I could have saved a lot of time buying off the peg,
but you know what? we had so much fun going through old boxes
of ribbon and buttons and doing a little drawing we never noticed

It would have been great to see a photo of the kids all dressed
up together. It was more like a zoo at home time!, everyone made
an effort, there were all sorts of creatures and the noise they must
have made during the day would have been a really something

We're planning ahead which is great, usually one or the other will
say they want to see something or go somewhere, If I try to get
them motivated without planning ahead they simply won't budge
and play up so we miss most of the day. Today they were throwing
themselves around in the old wheelbarrow and climbing a tree.
We'll go easter egg a hunting somewhere at the weekend and if
the weather stays fine fish the rock pools down on the coast for
a day.

I swapped my digital camera in part-ex for a newer version in the
sales, we've been taking photographs of all sorts, spider webs
with drops of dew on the web, the cat, the concrete, the sheep
misty fields at dawn and wellies covered in mud. Its a good little
camera.

There was a practice for music at school, one wants to play the
violin (ooh! I don't think I could stand the noise) and the other
already has a guitar and drums and gave up.

I was invited away overseas for Easter by old friends, but I just
hadn't expected the invitation and have not got any paperwork
ready. Perhaps I'm getting old. Theres a chance I could get away
for a week in the Summer, but,

There ain't the chance to meet new people like there used to be,
the cost of a sitter and the worry that something will happen if
I'm miles away makes it rediculous. If life begins at 40 cos you've
spent your early days bringing up the family and you can breath
a sigh of relief that they're settled and independant, I can say that
life still goes on at 40, but there wasn't much happening at 25.
I think if I'd had the support of grandparents, mom, dad, siblings
a cousin or two, I'd be better in myself.

Talking about family, B's busy working and his cousin is going
steady, which is great I'm looking forward to their wedding????
but every time he sees our cat he says "Have you got her neutered
yet? I don't want kittens all over the place!" I shrug if off of
course
but it grates my nerves, it my freekin cat!, its my freekin home!

What is it about the English they they don't want children?
Its like some pied-piper has been through the towns and villages,
totally weird. I went to the dr's for a repeat prescription, new
doc, we chatted, "If you were thinking of having a child please
let me know and I'll alter the meds!" you know what? I've been
asking those guys 8 years to take into consideration that I wanted
children and to give me something that wouldn't harm the baby,
this is when I was in a steady relationship, and I was simply ignored.
now i'm too friggin ancient they ask ! what can you say to that?

Bev I feel for you, just make sure whatever they say or give you
doesn't make you feel even more depressed than life has thrown
in your way.

I hope everyone has a Great Easter, maybe I'll get some photos
together to share of what we found in the rock pools

bye,

miri

Old April 5th 07, 07:29 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Oops!
I totally forgot to write back! I started then saved it to finish it when I
had a chance and then I forgot. That was ages ago..
All in all, sounds like things for you are just as crazy as ever. Believe
me, I know what that's like.
So glad to hear your mom is feeling better and hopefully that continues!
I heard Judge Judy say that girls know how to get under your skin at a very
early age - this is true. A is not even 2 yet and she's already started
They're also so emotional when compared to boys... Yikes.
Congrats on the new addition as well! It's hard to believe how time flies,
anyways. It's fun, though!

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

oups.com...