A Parenting & kids forum. ParentingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ParentingBanter.com forum » misc.kids » General (moderated)
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Interesting sleep stories?

Old March 2nd 11, 05:08 PM

First recorded activity by ParentingBanter: Mar 2011
Default Interesting sleep stories?

Hello,

I'm doing some research into ways in which parents get their babies to sleep and how this may vary from culture to culture around the world. Some of the more unusual things I've come across are using different pieces of music, using repetitive noises from hairdryers and hoovers and movement like bouncing on balls and driving in the car.

Just wondering if anyone had come across any interesting stories/tips or anything that they've found works/worked on their own children?

Thanks,

Kieran
Old February 9th 13, 02:16 PM

First recorded activity by ParentingBanter: Feb 2013
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc View Post
Hello,

I'm doing some research into ways in which parents get their babies to sleep and how this may vary from culture to culture around the world. Some of the more unusual things I've come across are using different pieces of music, using repetitive noises from hairdryers and hoovers and movement like bouncing on balls and driving in the car.

Just wondering if anyone had come across any interesting stories/tips or anything that they've found works/worked on their own children?

Thanks,

Kieran

lols "repetitive noises from hairdryers and hoovers and movement like bouncing on balls" i am surprised to hear this.
i used to use few ways like watching cartoons on tv, playng abc song on laptop or having swing. few kids also get sleep while having feeder, moving hands on their head, rubbing their hand on mothers hand.