Men who marry Single Mothers are Chumps !

Old August 20th 04, 04:22 PM
Byron Canfield

"howldog" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:52:36 -0400, "Zoey" wrote:

"Manfred Acker" wrote in message
. ..
"Autobodygal" wrote in message
r.com...
I think that a lot of people would agree with me when I say that you
are a
simple minded idiot! Single mothers are not losers.

Yes they are. They're too stupid to keep from being stuck raising a kid
by themselves.

Raising a child is a privelige. Sorry that whoever raised you was a
moron though. Maybe if you're mother wasn't so busy dealing with her
asshole husband she could have paid more attention to you and you

wouldn't
have grown up to be an imbecile who has nothing better to do than sit in
front of his computer, go to a usenet group called single parents and

slam
single mother. Oh, and since you have no brain I have to inform you of

the
fact that there is such a thing as single fathers too.

wow. bitter shrew post of the week.

Yeah, that'll do it -- discredit her points by calling her names. Good idea!
You're just SOOOOO clever.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old August 20th 04, 05:43 PM
howldog

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:22:19 GMT, "Byron Canfield"
wrote:

"howldog" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

SHE DIDNT HAVE ANY. ALL SHE DOES IS INSULT

by calling her names. Good idea!

and i'm worse than her. you saw no bitterness in her post? you want to
excuse that? **** you too.

You're just SOOOOO clever.

admiteddly, i am. yes. i'll accept donations in the form of cash only
please.

Old August 20th 04, 07:35 PM
Zoe

"Betsy" wrote in message

"Zoey" wrote in message
. ..

"howldog" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you - I'm rather proud of that one.

Seems there's not much support on this newsgroup - just attacks. Silly

me
to think that maybe there was a haven for single parents to share

stories
and support each.

Well, this is a cross-post. You aren't getting replies only from the

single
parenting news-group. Good idea to check the To: column before judging an
entire newsgroup for the replies to your message.

Well, you're in this group and you implied in the post I just responded
to that I made no effort for my son to see his father and that I work toward
my interests and not my child's. That's pretty insulting insinuations to
make about a person before you even know them.

Old August 20th 04, 07:37 PM
Zoe

"Betsy" wrote in message

"Zoey" wrote in message
news

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Zoey" wrote in message ...

........ and you wouldn't
have grown up to be an imbecile who has nothing better to do than

sit
in
front of his computer, go to a usenet group called single parents

and
slam
single mother.

So what made you grow up to be an imbecile that could not recognise a

cross
post from a men's group?

I recognize the cross-post and I recognize the fact that he also

knew
he
was cross-posting and perchance started the cross-posting in the first
place.

What made you grow up to be an imbecile who attacks someone who

wants
join a support newsgroup and not be met with criticism and nastiness

from
men's groups?

What makes you not realize you can delete a newsgroup before sending a

post
and only post to the newsgroup to which you subscribed? Not everyone is
attacking you, they are responding to your attack on men. There are

several
men in this single parents newsgroup that are raising their children.

Your
comments about men are generalized, you should try to adjust that type of
posting if you hope to get support.

I never said anything about *all* men. I simply said that for "the most
part" men are what causes women to be single mothers. I also stated that
there are many single fathers out there as well. So no, I was not
generalizing men.

Old August 20th 04, 09:25 PM
Betsy

"Zoe" wrote in message
. ..

"Betsy" wrote in message

"Zoey" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

[...]

I implied no such thing. Re-read my post. I ASKED you pointed questions.
That is not the same as implying anything. You took it to mean what you
chose. I simply asked. There's a difference. If you expect to get good
advice and support, you should listen to all angles, and try not to make
inferences. Like I said, re-read my previous post.

Old August 20th 04, 09:30 PM
Betsy

"Zoe" wrote in message
. ..

"Zoey" wrote in message ...

[...]

Well in actuality, it's not even "for the most part." We all make choices.
Men and women. I know I made bad decisions, and I know it affects my son's
life as well as mine. I take responsibility for that. My ex-husband may
have his own issues, I may think he's a total asshole, but he is still
biologically my son's father. I say biologically now, because legally he
has no claim to my son, through his own choice. That also affects my son.
When my son is ready, I will do what I can to locate his father, which
shouldn't be difficult as he is on the Sexual Offenders list for our state.
My son is NOT aware of this fact at this time, and I don't know when or if I
will tell him.

Old August 20th 04, 10:53 PM
P.Fritz

"Zoe" wrote in message
. ..

"Zoey" wrote in message ...

[...]

And it remains a sexist, immature and completely incorrect statement.

Somebody by 'zoe' a clue

Old August 21st 04, 02:21 AM
Zoe

"Betsy" wrote in message

"Zoe" wrote in message
. ..

"Betsy" wrote in message

"Zoey" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

[...]

I did re-read it and it was somewhat accusatory. Sorry, my mistake if
that was not your intention.

Old August 21st 04, 02:28 AM
Zoe

"Betsy" wrote in message

"Zoe" wrote in message
. ..

"Zoey" wrote in message ...

[...]

It's probably better not to tell him such a thing but to make sure that
he is never alone with his father until he is old enough. But you probably
already know that. I still don't think I made a bad choice because I love
my son and don't regret a single day with him. He's a happy child,
regardless of the fact that his father only comes into his life in spurts.
Is this what I signed up for? No. We both said we wanted a child. We had
consensual unprotected sex in order to get this child. Then he freaked. I
think my son will be okay though. He has lots of people who love him,
grandparents, uncles and friends. I know this can't makeup for the love of
a father but I wonder now if his father is even capable of love. I will
never keep his father from him or him from his father when he is old enough
to understand a bit more. I do, however, want to change his last name to
mine. Right now he has both our last names.

Old August 21st 04, 02:31 AM
Zoe

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Zoe" wrote in message
. ..

"Zoey" wrote in message ...

[...]

So we disagree - it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened
on Usenet.

Somebody by 'zoe' a clue

What exactly does that mean?

Where's Bri ? Nick Single Parents 3 April 24th 04 12:27 PM
Feb. FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 February 2nd 04 12:53 PM
FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 January 2nd 04 03:04 PM
December's FAQ turtledove Single Parents 1 December 7th 03 07:37 PM
November's FAQ! turtledove Single Parents 0 November 1st 03 04:13 PM