help with newborn !!

Old July 29th 03, 05:17 PM
David&Wendy

Default help with newborn !!

it might seem like a dumb question but i am gonna ask anyways!!
Every now and again my son ( 1 month old) shakes his legs uncontrollably
when i am changing him ( i hope i am describing this right) when he
stretches leg out he just shakes it for no apparent reason. it just shakes
he doesn't cry but it is freaking me out .. i went to see a nurse and she
ahs no clue of what it might be but said to keep an eye on it but have and
today he does it every time i change his diaper or if he is lying down and
you go near him close his leg just shakes likes it vibrating or something?
am i doing something to my child or is this totally normal? no diapers are
lose on him ... your help would be much appreciated.. yes we have a doc
appointment next month... only time i could get it ...
tia
wendy
mom of 4 now!!

Old July 29th 03, 10:05 PM
dejablues

Sometimes new babies shake or shudder because their nervous systems are
immature and they are adjusting to life outside the uterus. It wouldn't hurt
to ask the ped. though.

.. .