MONSANTO OUTLAWS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ORGANICS IN BRAZIL

Old August 9th 09, 11:36 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
john[_5_]

Default MONSANTO OUTLAWS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ORGANICS IN BRAZIL

News Alert!
MONSANTO OUTLAWS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ORGANICS IN BRAZIL
While on my present visit in Brazil, I am staying for some time at APTA, the
Government's Agricultural Research Facility in Piracicaba in the Sao Paulo
province. I am engaged in some experiments with agro-homoeopathy there,
which the Government subsidises. Dr Fabricio Rossi, the man responsible for
these experiments, told me yesterday on 5 August, after we returned from an
experiment in the countryside that Monsanto has now made it illegal in
Brazil to disseminate knowledge about organic farming, growing and
sustainable agriculture. That legislation has just been passed by the
Brazilian Parliament. The only people exempt are agricultural scientists and
their publications, since they are not meant for public dissemination.
At first, I thought he was joking - would it now be impossible to publish my
books on agro-homoeopathy here? They are being translated at present. He
told me that was quite possible, because from now on, no publisher can
publish any books, magazines or articles on the subject of sustainable
agriculture, let alone one that propagates getting away from Monsanto's
poisons, for public distribution. If any publisher would still publish such
information, they will no longer be allowed to sell those books. They will
also be taken to court by Monsanto, for violation of this law. No bookstore
in the country can and thus will carry any books on the subject in the near
future - can you imagine?
Outrageous! Enter the Monsanto thought-police!
The Dangers for other Countries
We can expect Monsanto to seek similar legislation to be passed in other
countries too. India and China come to mind, as well as Indonesia -
countries that are more or less dictatorial anyway. I suspect they will try
something similar in the US, although there the laws guarantee freedom of
the press. They will exploit any loophole they can find though, if the
Brazilian experience is any indication. If I had the money, I would
immediately engage a constitutional lawyer here, to find out if it violates
the Brazilian Constitution. If so, I would also immediately mount a court
case against Monsanto.
My thoughts on the subject are that politicians that allow such utterly
draconian laws can only do so, due to ignorance of the public. If the only
means to enlighten that public are taken away, one truly enters the world of
Orwellian dictatorship, so well depicted in "1984" or Ray Bradbury's
"Fahrenheit 451". What are the authorities going to do with the books on the
subject that already exist? Burn them?
It indicates that Lula is in the pocket of Monsanto and that the Environment
Minister, although a nice green-thinking man, has absolutely no clout at
all. It also indicates the farmers are fed propaganda and kept in the dark
about alternatives. It moreover indicates that Monsanto stoops as low as
possible to ensure their version of the 'truth' is the only one available.
Any individual or company disseminating such knowledge will immediately be
prosecuted. Anyone I teach about the subject will be - like myself -
breaking the law and subject to harassment and court cases by Monsanto, with
possibly heavy fines and/or jail terms. Not a prospect I look forward to, I
can tell you.
This means that the only chance to enlighten the politicians, the farmers
and the consuming public, will be through the Internet. We should massively
bombard the Brazilian authorities and the public with protestations through
email, letters to the editor of the major papers and inform the TV stations.
A site can be situated outside the country and still disseminate the
necessary knowledge. One wonders whether such denial of information is not
in violation of International laws concerning freedom of the press and
whether it would serve to take Monsanto to court over its violation. Whether
such could be mounted here remains to be seen, with the general ignorance of
the public.
I will be in direct violation of that local Brazilian law when I do my
teaching on the subject here. It is something I would like to make public
here, if only to challenge Monsanto. One obstacle is my lack of the local
language. It also means I am stuck in this country, because my only means of
livelihood has just been taken away. I would need some support from others
to fight this in any court of law, regardless whether local or at the
International Court in Strassbourg. It is a pity the latter court is a
toothless paper tiger that can only issue recommendations.
Anybody got any other ideas on how we could fight Monsanto on this important
issue? Anyone interested in helping me to fight this draconian law?

Old August 9th 09, 12:55 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Happy Oyster

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:36:36 +0100, "john" wrote:

Anybody got any other ideas on how we could fight Monsanto on this important
issue?

Buy only from your local farmer who does not use any of Monsanto's stuff.

Genetically altered plants are a crime.

--
Homöopathische Kindesmißhandlung

http://www.ariplex.com/ama/ama_kind.htm
Old August 9th 09, 01:26 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Peter Parry

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:36:36 +0100, "john" wrote:

MONSANTO OUTLAWS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ORGANICS IN BRAZIL

You seem to have forgotten to include the name of the author of this
imaginative work of fiction or any details of this supposed "law".

I will be in direct violation of that local Brazilian law when I do my
teaching on the subject here. It is something I would like to make public
here, if only to challenge Monsanto. One obstacle is my lack of the local
language.

It also means I am stuck in this country, because my only means of
livelihood has just been taken away.

So the anonymous author claims to make his living by teaching the
local population, whose language he can neither understand nor speak.
That is innovative.

Old August 9th 09, 02:55 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
t[_3_]

troll cut from post

Old August 10th 09, 08:17 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Marvin L. Zinn

I would do anything I can to put Monsanto out of business FOREVER!!!!!!

Marvin L. Zinn
Using Virtual Access
Windows 2000 build 2600

Old August 10th 09, 08:20 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Happy Oyster

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:17:58 EST, Marvin L. Zinn
wrote:

I would do anything I can to put Monsanto out of business FOREVER!!!!!!

Marvin L. Zinn
Using Virtual Access
Windows 2000 build 2600

Okay, get organized!

--
**** WARNING **** The web-hoster Globat.com steals money from your
credit card account. If you are a customer of Globat.com, never give
Old August 11th 09, 02:34 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
D. C. Sessions

In message , Happy Oyster wrote:

Genetically altered plants are a crime.

That leaves out a lot of food plants:
* Tomatoes
* Peaches
* Potatoes
* Carrots
* Broccoli
* Peppers
* Wheat

Just off the top.

--
| The brighter the stupid burns, the more |
| chance that someone will see the light. |