Right winger attack on a little girl

Old June 9th 07, 12:59 PM posted to alt.politics,misc.kids
zeez

Default Right winger attack on a little girl

http://progressive.org/mag_mc042406

Animation Producer Gets Ugly Slurs
By Matthew Rothschild
April 24, 2006

Ava Lowery is a fifteen-year-old who lives in Alabama. She calls
herself a peace activist, and for the past year, she's been producing
her own short animations on her website, peacetakescourage.com. All in
all, she's made about seventy of them, she says, and most of them
oppose Bush and his Iraq War.

"I was just so mad about it," she explains. "And the media are
not showing the real images of the war, so I did a lot research and
started my own website."

She submitted one of her latest creations, "WWJD," to the monthly
"contagious" contest that huffingtonpost.com is running. (It's an
open contest that ranks the number of viewers for each submission.)

"WWJD" ("What Would Jesus Do") is a powerful animation that
features a soundtrack of a child singing "Jesus loves me, this I
know" while one picture after another of a wounded, bloody, or
screaming Iraqi child fills the screen.

"The object of the animation," says Lowery, is "to get the
following point across: Jesus loves Iraqis, too."

Lowery ends the video with quotations from Beatitudes, including,
"Blessed are they who mourn" and "Blessed are the meek" and
"Blessed are the merciful" and "Blessed are the peacemakers."

She says she's received a lot of positive feedback in short messages
back to her site. And she understands that the fact that "people are
on the web, and they just let loose." But she was unprepared for the
viciousness of the negative feedback-especially the ugly sexual slurs
similar to those that Cindy Sheehan has faced. (If you can't stand
foul language, stop reading now.)

"It's people like you who need to ****ing die and get raped while
your corpse rots in the sun," said one e-mail Lowery shared with me.
"**** you, I would jack off on your parents if I could. If you
don't like the team, get out of the park. That means take ur small
dick and get the **** off of my homeland you faggot chocolate
gulper."

"You are a TRAITOR to your country and should be executed for
treason," another one said. "All you do is bitch about the US. If
you hate it so much, why don't you GET THE **** OUT."

"Why don't you go masterbate [sic] to a pic of Sheehan and ****
off," said a third.

(poster's comment: Yeah, those are very wholesome, moral sounding
comments,
aren't they?)

"Are you a muslem [sic] terrorist?" asked another.

She says there was a threat against her that was circulating "on the
conservative underground." And she says she received one e-mail from
someone who said, "Contact me ASAP. It concerns a danger to your
life."

When her mom called the number, the person who answered denied any
knowledge of the threat, Lowery says.

She adds: "I was really weirded out by it."