36 weeks and people's reactions

Old March 14th 04, 04:14 AM
melbgal1

Default 36 weeks and people's reactions

says...

I will miss being pregnant.

I will miss the internal acrobatics, my nightly enjoyment

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004
Old March 14th 04, 06:05 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Karen wrote:

That being said, what is starting to concern me is how big I am already
at 34 weeks. The women at preschool today were commenting that I look
like I am "ready" and "done," and not usually being one to feel
impatient and want the baby out already, I am having a hard time getting
my mind around the idea that I am NOT ready, not done, and have
theoretically 6 more weeks, give or take, to put the finishing touches
on this baby!

Don't even think in that general direction. With
my second, I was working around a bunch of doctors and even
*they* were commenting on how huge I was and how I must be
ready to drop any second now by the time I was barely 30 weeks.
NO ONE CAN TELL FROM LOOKING! ;-)

I am carrying quite low, the baby has turned, and is occasionally
putting it's head into the pelvis already, which worries me that either
it is getting ready to come out too early or that I will spend the next
six weeks in excruciating discomfort with the baby's head already in
place!

Here's hoping you don't get *too* uncomfortable.
I carried very low and my first two were head down and
engaged quite early. I didn't make it to my due date,
but the first was born at 38.5 weeks and the second at
39.5 weeks, so I wouldn't expect to go early even in the
situation you describe.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 14th 04, 06:20 AM
Fer

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
|| Karen wrote:
||| That being said, what is starting to concern me is how big I am
||| already at 34 weeks. The women at preschool today were commenting
||| that I look like I am "ready" and "done," and not usually being one
||| to feel impatient and want the baby out already, I am having a hard
||| time getting my mind around the idea that I am NOT ready, not done,
||| and have theoretically 6 more weeks, give or take, to put the
||| finishing touches on this baby!
|| Don't even think in that general direction. With
|| my second, I was working around a bunch of doctors and even
|| *they* were commenting on how huge I was and how I must be
|| ready to drop any second now by the time I was barely 30 weeks.
|| NO ONE CAN TELL FROM LOOKING! ;-)

snip

So so true! When people ask/say "You don't have much longer, right?" They
always look quite surprised when I tell them I have another 3+ months to go.
Just about everyone seems to expect me to go early!
--?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellyfish due June 25/04

Old March 14th 04, 08:22 AM
Leanne

Went to a Race Day today. It was sponsored by my company ( an annual
family day ) with a marqyee and spit roast and salads and pony rides for
the kids and etc.

So of course, my belly gains much attraction, but when people find out
i'm "due" in 4weeks ?
*Horror*

"Are you sure you don't want my seat"
"Are you feeling ok, do you need to sit down, can I get you a drink ?"
"It could happen any minute now, you sure are brave coming out today "
( ??????)
"Are you *sure* you're feeling ok ?"

So i'm looking and feeling as well as ever, and even suggesting to
people that I think the baby's pretty happy inside and will probably go
over anyway,,,, blah blah blah .... but anyway, no-one would believe how
blase' I was ( denial ? and not-at-all anxious.

I just found it funny. I do feel as far away from B-Day as I did all
those months ago at conception, so maybe it is me that has the problem,
roaming around the countryside without my Obs/Gyn in tow

hehehe!!

i just dont get this from people... everyone asks 'how long have you got
left?'
i'll say '5 weeks' and they'll look at me with this weird look and go
'you're kinda small'
lmao!!

I can say that i really do enjoy having the smaller belly now, with all the
complaints i hear that everyone is having... being sore etc etc.

Me and my SO have just started walking nightly... its alot harder than it
was pre-pregnancy but i can still do it, and they are long walks! lol

Old March 14th 04, 08:33 AM
Simone

I remember the day Ruben was born, In the morning I went to preg-
swimming, in the afternoon I went downtown to get me a mc recorder so I
would be able to listen to all those new-age tapes I made during laber.
It was POORING like it can do here in Italy (or it doesn't rain for a
whole year or the sky just opens and spills everything down in 1
afternoon). I walked around smiling and just feeling wonderfull. I came
home sooking wet, happy and laughing. And after 2 hours labors started. I
was 39 weeks and 5 days then.

--
Simone
Mom of Ruben Raymond Rocco 08 march 2001