Doc Appointment... Ugh...

Old September 28th 06, 06:30 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default Doc Appointment... Ugh...

So yesterday, I had that ultrasound and NST at the hospital. Went fine,
AFAIK.

The u/s technician, once again, confirmed it's a girl, then said everything
looks just fine and dandy. She estimated the size is about 5lbs 9oz - that
doesn't seem overly small to me, but then again, I really don't know that
much.
Upstairs in the obstetrical area of the hospital right after, I had the
lovely non stress test, which went just fine. This thing is constantly
obnoxious and NEVER stops moving. The nurse up there said that the u/s
results said that baby is smaller, but I was told it wasn't a huge concern -
my doctor will probably just keep a closer eye on me and all that.

Had doc appointment this morning. Went fine as well. My doc then said that
there's no concern, everything is fine and dandy, just baby is a bit
smaller, but not at all a concern one bit. I'm also 'a fingertip' - which I
believe is around 1cm dilated? How pointless that is. lol I think I
walked around for sooo long with A at 2cm.

Good thing I was glad to hear at the ultrasound was that she is head down.
With my uterus, that's definitely a good thing, and it's almost certain she
will stay head down, as it's getting a bit too late for her to have the
chance to turn last minute (bicornuate (sp?) uterus)

Bad thing is now I am off to see the OB once a week. This is the part that
I just hate - doc visits once a week are just such a pain! lol

Old October 1st 06, 06:36 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:30:35 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

[...]

At least it's time away from the little ones! Who's minding them while
you're at the OB?

Normally I make my appointments first thing in the morning... Then it's just
A I have to deal with, as B is in school in the mornings. This u/s,
however, was right in the middle of when B is expected home from school, so
I had originally asked my aunt to come. She was willing and able, but then,
kind of out of nowhere, N offered to stay with A and catch B off the bus, so
I gave him a shot at this - yes, I was scared that he was going to prove,
once again, to be unreliable and I'd be screwed for this appointment I just
could not miss, but, he was here in the morning, stayed with A and caught B
from the bus (actually, Pete, Norm's brother stopped by here and pulled up
just as the bus came, and Pete got Bran from the bus) He also stayed with
both the kids the next day when I had the appointment with my OB after the
ultrasound.

But, I did take a shot at this risk with Norm staying and all that, and he
did. I did, though, have a backup just in case he didn't show up or
something... A girl friend said if need be, she could leave home if I called
and needed her. It's kind of a surprise to me, but N's been around often
and all that. He's starting work with his brother on Monday, I hear, and I
guess him and his brother have worked something out (or are in the process?)
for splitting half way for work they do - kind of like a partnership? I
dunno. Not holding my breath, and I'll wait to see what goes on. We've
talked about support and all that, and he said if I wanted and was willing,
once he's doing this we'll see about the maintenance and dealing with those
people. For now, though, everything is staying how it currently is.