poll: How do you feel about threads being cross-posted between m.k and alt.childfree.bridgebuilding?

Old August 7th 03, 12:01 AM
Banty

Default How do you feel about threads being cross-posted between m.k and alt.childfree.bridgebuilding?

In article , lizzard woman
says...

"Banty" wrote in message

(And it's MS. Banty!)

No, dear.

That was in reference to the "Welcome Back, Kotter" TV show where one of the
characters would bring in notes signed not with the usual "Mrs. First Last"
(entire mother's name) but instead with "Mrs. (Character's name) mother
which is funny because it was obviously forged by the character.

Gotcha. "Mrs. Horschak's mother"..

And aren't you a "Dr." anyway??????????

Only when other doctors are around :-)

Banty

Old August 7th 03, 02:50 AM
Cathy Kearns

"lynn" wrote in message

[My answer to the question in the subject line is, "I don't see the
point, and I think it's prone to flamewars, so I'm against it."

Given the possible topics as posted in the FAQ, I agree,
I think topics will either be of no possible interested to
parents (CF event, articles, or websites) or definite
flamewar fodder.

Old August 7th 03, 07:19 AM
toypup

"Naomi Pardue" wrote in message
We are not hermits who
revolve around our child, but I've grown up and my friends are still
scouting for guys. Why does growing apart from friends necessarily mean
that I don't have interests outside of my child?

So it sounds like the main difference between you and your old friends

isn't
that you have kids and they don't, but that you are married and they are
single.
Nothing to do with the absence or presence of children.
(And ... it's just me maybe, but I'd get bored pretty quickly with a group

of
friends who could find nothing more interesting to do/talk about than look
for/discuss cute guys...)

Well, now you see why we're growing apart. It was fun when we all had
raging hormones, but mine are tamed now. I just don't find that kind of
talk interesting.

Old August 7th 03, 04:23 PM
Naomi Pardue

Well, now you see why we're growing apart. It was fun when we all had
raging hormones, but mine are tamed now. I just don't find that kind of
talk interesting.

Sure. Just don't blame it on the kids!

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old August 12th 03, 02:11 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Jayne Kulikauskas wrote:

*The suggestion of cross-posting came up in another thread and I'm wondering
*how people here feel about it.
*
*Some background for those who haven't been following:
*Some people are trying to revive an inactive newgroup called
*alt.childfree.bridgebuilding. Unlike alt.support.childfree, this group
*welcomes posts from parents. Since a.c.b has been inactive for so long, it
*is not carried by many news-servers. It would help in reviving a.c.b if we
*cross-posted some threads to get things going. Once there is traffic more
*servers will carry it.
*
*So how do people feel about us cross-posting a few threads between m.k and
*a.c.b? We can put X-post in the subject line so they are easily avoided by
*those who don't wish to read them. Are there any other suggestions about
*how to clearly mark these?

I pretty much killfile posts with *childfree* in the Newsgroup header, so,
I don't care if you make the crossposts, I'm not going to read them.

What's the point? Bridgebuilding? from where to where? If you want to
build a bridge from misc.kids to alt.support.childfree, seems to me it
makes sense to use the existing groups. If you want to build some other
kind of bridge, well - what is it?