Down time?

Old August 1st 04, 01:01 PM
Joelle

Default Down time?

If you really want to get to know hi, Do the Coffee, forget the movies

Actually I just thought of something...if you REALLY want to get to know this
guy right away, go to something contraversial like Farienhiet 911 and then you
can both talk it over coffee -- that might be interesting!

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old August 1st 04, 02:55 PM
lm

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 04:18:36 GMT, Alex Nemeth
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:02:05 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

It's summer... it's been quiet in here. Seems like the spammers and
trolls have a good chance of taking over... so I thought I'd post
something.

School's out for the summer. I did fine and managed to get through the
short summer classes. The kids and I have two weeks of unplanned time
before they return to school August 16th.

Meanwhile... I did the unthinkable. Unthinkable for me that is. I
answered a personal ad and we've been emailing back and forth.

I did that many years ago, and actually it was an ad on alt.personals
that I answered. You really had to sort through the junk.

We dated about 1 year before we just kinda drifted apart. We still
keep in some sort of contact kinda. She lived in Albany ( about 3
hours driving time ). We e-mailed for weeks before we met. I had a
conference in Albany one weekend, and we met in the hotel lobby where
I was staying, the rest was history.

Albany where? NY? We could be neighbors, Alex -- I'm 2 hours from
Albany.

lm
Old August 1st 04, 07:12 PM
Joelle

That movie could be a good idea BUT what if....... what if your views are so
different and you get into a big feud over it! lol I have found it best to
tread lightly when dealing with politics.

Then you find out right away - do you really want to be in a relationship with
someone with whom you can't discuss politics without getting into a big fight?

Old August 1st 04, 07:22 PM
Tiffany

"Joelle" wrote in message
That movie could be a good idea BUT what if....... what if your views are

so
different and you get into a big feud over it! lol I have found it best

tread lightly when dealing with politics.

Then you find out right away - do you really want to be in a relationship

with
someone with whom you can't discuss politics without getting into a big

fight?

Joelle

I love to argue and fight over politics. But that comes later, not in
the dating stage.

Old August 1st 04, 10:32 PM
Joelle

I love to argue and fight over politics. But that comes later, not in
the dating stage.

I do too, but I want to know right away if he can handle it and how he fights.

I don't like wasting my time. I wanna get all the warts out first, so I can be
more objective before you get all silly. You get silly and then you overlook
things. Then when the silliness is over, the things you overlooked become a
bigger problem, but it's more complicated to get out of.

Old August 1st 04, 10:59 PM
Tiffany

"Joelle" wrote in message
I love to argue and fight over politics. But that comes later, not in
the dating stage.

I do too, but I want to know right away if he can handle it and how he

fights.

I don't like wasting my time. I wanna get all the warts out first, so I

can be
more objective before you get all silly. You get silly and then you

overlook
things. Then when the silliness is over, the things you overlooked become

bigger problem, but it's more complicated to get out of.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

lol... do you think we over-evaluate things here? After all, Kate is just
talking about maybe a first meeting!

I know what you mean though about wasting time. That is why I have my list
of things I won't tolerate. I ask right off the bat and get it out of the
way. I never thought to see how they battle politically.

Old August 2nd 04, 01:03 AM
Joelle

. I never thought to see how they battle politically.

Well I only think of that probably because one time I was on a first date (Long
time ago before my first husband) and we got in an argument about politics and
he was so angry that I didn't agree with him he started yelling at me. I told
him to stop the car and I got out and walked home. Who needs that.

Old August 2nd 04, 01:39 AM
Tiffany

"Joelle" wrote in message
. I never thought to see how they battle politically.

Well I only think of that probably because one time I was on a first date

(Long
time ago before my first husband) and we got in an argument about politics

and
he was so angry that I didn't agree with him he started yelling at me. I

told
him to stop the car and I got out and walked home. Who needs that.

Joelle

Sure! That guy has anger issues! Good save!

Old August 2nd 04, 04:22 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:55:17 GMT, lm
wrote:

We dated about 1 year before we just kinda drifted apart. We still
keep in some sort of contact kinda. She lived in Albany ( about 3
hours driving time ). We e-mailed for weeks before we met. I had a
conference in Albany one weekend, and we met in the hotel lobby where
I was staying, the rest was history.

Albany where? NY? We could be neighbors, Alex -- I'm 2 hours from
Albany.

Yep, Albany NY

2 hours - huh -- which direction?

I'm an hour south of Syracuse