Whirlpool concerns

Old January 15th 04, 04:13 AM
Jeridiah

Default Whirlpool concerns

I would like to surprise my wife with a late term pregnancy getaway
weekend. The dinner theater/hotel I am looking at has really nice
rooms w/ whirlpools.

Is it ok for someone at 31 weeks to be in a whirlpool? I don't want
to pay for a really nice room only to find out she can't use it, or if
she does it will present a risk to her or the baby.

Thanks everyone

Jeridiah
Old January 15th 04, 04:59 AM
silivrenglaur

She can use it just make sure the water isnt too hot, the only reason
pregnant women arent allowed to use hot tubs is risk of overheating. if
youre not sure on the temp call her doctor and ask him/her what the proper
temp should be.
om...

Old January 15th 04, 10:45 AM
Amy

"silivrenglaur" wrote in message
She can use it just make sure the water isnt too hot, the only reason
pregnant women arent allowed to use hot tubs is risk of overheating. if
youre not sure on the temp call her doctor and ask him/her what the proper
temp should be.

I thought the other issue was bacteria from the number of people using them,
but if it's a private pool it shouldn't be a problem.

Old January 17th 04, 05:01 AM
Jenrose

"Jeridiah" wrote in message
om...
I would like to surprise my wife with a late term pregnancy getaway
weekend. The dinner theater/hotel I am looking at has really nice
rooms w/ whirlpools.

Is it ok for someone at 31 weeks to be in a whirlpool? I don't want
to pay for a really nice room only to find out she can't use it, or if
she does it will present a risk to her or the baby.

The really neat thing about hotels with in-room spas is that the spas are
filled from the tap, which means you can controll the temperature. It should
stay below about 100 degrees (birth tubs are cooler than that, but since
she's not laboring, she should be fine!) I say it's a lovely idea and you
should go for it!

Jenrose

Old January 17th 04, 05:49 PM
Cathy Weeks

"Jenrose" wrote in message ws.com...
"Jeridiah" wrote in message
om...
I would like to surprise my wife with a late term pregnancy getaway
weekend. The dinner theater/hotel I am looking at has really nice
rooms w/ whirlpools.

Is it ok for someone at 31 weeks to be in a whirlpool? I don't want
to pay for a really nice room only to find out she can't use it, or if
she does it will present a risk to her or the baby.

The really neat thing about hotels with in-room spas is that the spas are
filled from the tap, which means you can controll the temperature. It should
stay below about 100 degrees (birth tubs are cooler than that, but since
she's not laboring, she should be fine!) I say it's a lovely idea and you
should go for it!

My aquadoula heats the water to 101 (or says it does).

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01