MI: Local Rally for Father's Rights

Old December 21st 04, 01:22 AM
Dusty

Default MI: Local Rally for Father's Rights

Local Rally for Father's Rights

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=5D7vUKIP
12/17/04- Mid-Michigan fathers rallied at the Capitol,hoping to raise
awareness about joint custody. The fathers say the Michigan system is
unfairly biased against them. The fathers say kids need a dad to be present
in their lives.

According to census data,there are about 20-million single-parent homes in
America, but only 3.3 million of those are single-father homes. So right
now, just 1 of every 6 single-parent families is led by a father. It's a
stat that has some mid-Michigan fathers hoping for the chance to do more.

Fathers came to the Capitol dressed for the holidays, but mindful that for
yet another holiday season-access to their children will be limited.

Darren Binkley: "My children suffer tremendously, because they don't get a
chance to see their father."

Darren Binkley is just 1 of many fathers who'd like to see some changes
made. Binkley says he doesn't get enough access to his kids.

Darren Binkley: "There's no way I can be a father just a few days out of the
month. It's a full-time job."

And since Binkley only gets to be there for part of the time, he feels like
he's missing out in the life of his children.

Darren Binkley: "It's the little things like tucking them in at night and
getting up and taking them to school. If you're not there, how are you
involved?"

And involvement, the fathers say, isn't just important for them, but for
their children as well.

Darren Binkley: "If there's not a father in a child's life, they have a
better chance of ending up on drugs or getting pregnant. If the father is
involved, there's a lot better chance of succeeding in life."

While the fathers are currently fighting from limited access, they still
have hope, and they say it starts by changing the way courts operate.

Darren Binkley: "We need to get the courts out of the lives of our families
where they are micro-managing what happens from day to day."

The fathers also sent State legislators a draft of a law they'd like to see
passed in the next term. They say the potential legislation would put
mothers and fathers on more-equal footing in custody dispute cases. One
local probate judge says mothers and fathers already get equal treatment in
the courtrooms.

While more mothers eventually get custody, Judge R. George Economy says each
case is handled on an individual basis, and that neither the mother nor the
father gets special considerations.

Hon. R. George Economy, Ingham Co. Probate Judge: "What's going to benefit
the children, and I'm not looking at parents, so much as looking at the
child and determining what's in their best interest."

Judge Economy says many factors are considered during any custody dispute.
He says the child's choice is 1 of the most important considerations, but he
also says the court evaluates which parent is better able to give love and
affection, as well as which parent has the means to provide food, clothing
and medical care.

"The most terrifying words in the English language a
I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
--- Ronald Reagan

Old December 23rd 04, 07:01 PM
Dusty

most people, surrogate activities are less
satisfying than the pursuit of real goals ( that is, goals that people
would want to attain even if their need for the power process were
already fulfilled). One indication of this is the fact that, in many
or most cases, people who are deeply involved in surrogate activities
are never satisfied, never at rest. Thus the money-maker constantly
strives for more and more wealth. The scientist no sooner solves one
problem than he moves on to the next. The long-distance runner drives
himself to run always farther and faster. Many people who pursue
surrogate activities will say that they get far more fulfillment from
these activities than they do from the "mundane" business of
satisfying their biological needs, but that it is because in our
society the effort needed to satisfy the biological needs has been
reduced to triviality. More importantly, in our society people do not
satisfy their biological needs AUTONOMOUSLY but by functioning as
parts of an immense social machine. In contrast, people generally have
a great deal of autonomy in pursuing their surrogate activities. have
a great deal of autonomy in pursuing their surrogate activities.

AUTONOMY

42. Autonomy as a part of the power process may not be necessa

Old December 24th 04, 04:40 AM
SCREWEDBYJUDGEJAMESREED

Dusty,
Thank you for continually finding and adding interesting links and
information to this newsgroup.
Merry X-mas

Old December 24th 04, 04:49 AM
Dusty

"SCREWEDBYJUDGEJAMESREED" wrote in message
You and I both.

So it would seem.

Old December 24th 04, 04:50 AM
Dusty

"SCREWEDBYJUDGEJAMESREED" wrote in message
Dusty,
Thank you for continually finding and adding interesting links and
information to this newsgroup.
Merry X-mas

I do what I can to help. I only wish it could be more.

Happy Holidays!

Old December 24th 04, 02:05 PM
krp

"Dusty" wrote in message

"SCREWEDBYJUDGEJAMESREED" wrote in message
You and I both.

So it would seem.

And me - we can BET on who is doing it. Look for a poster from an ANONYMOUS
REMAILER.... There is your culprit.

Old December 24th 04, 04:19 PM
krp

"SCREWEDBYJUDGEJAMESREED" wrote in message
Here is the address of the loser.

No that is just a REPEATER in Singapore.

Old December 25th 04, 03:16 AM
krp

DAVID DENNIS MOORE PSYCHO INTERNET STALKER:
"freedom" wrote in message

And me - we can BET on who is doing it. Look for a poster from an
ANONYMOUS
REMAILER.... There is your culprit.

Again you prove your ignorance of basic things such as reading headers.
The post in question didn't come from an anonymous remailer.

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

Gee Davey I didn't say it DID come from a remailer.. I just pointed out
that the GUILTY PARTY would be a CREEP who posts via anonymous remailers and
is a pathetic littler internet STALKER.. Thanks for confessing. Now what IS
that service in SINGAPORE? What I said it was. And DIP**** - - I did NOT
say it was a remailer. Now - asshole, don't you have an appointment to go
beat up your wife or something MACHO MAN?