Huggies Disposable Diapers (X-POSTED)

Old July 23rd 06, 07:39 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

Default Huggies Disposable Diapers (X-POSTED)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 00:10:51 -0500, "Tori M"
wrote:

I tried this last month and decided this was too irritating.. it took
everything way way too long to dry and our bathroom is not big enough for 3
days a load drying.

Tori

Yeah, you do need the space to hang things. I have tension rods in 2
bedrooms and hang everything on hangers. I plan for one day of drying
time as long as I have the clothing hung up and spaced well for air
circulation. Things dry more quickly in winter.

Nan
Old July 23rd 06, 04:22 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Rosalie B.

"Tori M" wrote:

I tried this last month and decided this was too irritating.. it took
everything way way too long to dry and our bathroom is not big enough for 3
days a load drying.

Tori

We were in the basement of my mom's house and I saw the indoor dryer
that she has - it is an expandable wooden one, and you can hang at
least one load of wash on it. It wouldn't have to be in the bathroom
if you aren't drip drying things.

I have my own washer, but don't use a dryer. I hang everything inside
the house since outdoor drying is against the rules where I live. It
limits the # of loads I can do daily, so having to indoor-dry cloth
diapers just wouldn't work for me.

Nan

Old July 24th 06, 04:43 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Tori M

We were in the basement of my mom's house and I saw the indoor dryer
that she has - it is an expandable wooden one, and you can hang at
least one load of wash on it. It wouldn't have to be in the bathroom
if you aren't drip drying things.

My mom had something like that when I was a kid. I have also concidered
getting a retactable line and stringing it up in the kitchen. It would
allow much more to be evenly hung and it is warmer in the kitchen durring
the day. I actualy wouldnt even mind hand washing cloths but we dont have a
washboard. I was talking to Jeff about that today. He is getting verry
worried with me wanting to do things with less technology.. the only thing I
really dont want to get rid of at this point is the fans and the computer :P

Tori

Old July 24th 06, 05:26 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Carlye

Nan wrote:
Anyone use these?

I plan to go back to our trusty Parent's Choice diapers, but I'm
wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, or if it's
something we're doing wrong.

This has happened to me, too. I have tried the "double diapering"
method to salvage the lost tab (put a clean, intact diaper -over- the
ripped tab diaper, then when baby needs changing, remove only the inner
diaper) but it's a pain, and certainly not reasonable considering the
price.

Not to hijack your thread, but since we're talking disposables... I
was wondering, do the Parent's Choice or Sam's Club brand (I think
Sam's is "Smiles"?) actually -fit- as well as the premium name brands?
DD is awfully chubby around the middle (and DS seems to be going this
way, too), so we feel restricted to the really stretchy waistbands that
only seem to exist with the premium brands. The generics we have
tried, or even the "regular" versions of Pampers/Huggies, only fit if
we buy a whole size bigger, and then they are too big elsewhere and
leak.

Thanks!

-Carlye
DS 6-2-06
DD 9-29-04

Old July 24th 06, 06:14 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On 24 Jul 2006 09:26:51 -0700, "carlye"
wrote:

Not to hijack your thread, but since we're talking disposables... I
was wondering, do the Parent's Choice or Sam's Club brand (I think
Sam's is "Smiles"?) actually -fit- as well as the premium name brands?
DD is awfully chubby around the middle (and DS seems to be going this
way, too), so we feel restricted to the really stretchy waistbands that
only seem to exist with the premium brands. The generics we have
tried, or even the "regular" versions of Pampers/Huggies, only fit if
we buy a whole size bigger, and then they are too big elsewhere and
leak.

Thanks!

We've had really good luck with the Parent's Choice and fit. My dd is
*very* chunky in the booty area, lol. She's got belly, booty, and
chunky thighs.
Typically, we have to go with the size up from the weight limit on the
package, but we've had to do that with the pricier diapers as well.

Nan
Old July 24th 06, 06:21 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Carlye

Nan wrote:
We've had really good luck with the Parent's Choice and fit. My dd is

*very* chunky in the booty area, lol. She's got belly, booty, and
chunky thighs.
Typically, we have to go with the size up from the weight limit on the
package, but we've had to do that with the pricier diapers as well.

Hmm... I will have to try the Parent's Choice, then. My SIL swears by
the Sam's Club ones, too, but her baby is on the very slender side
(he's 5th percentile) and mine are both on the chunky side (95th
percentile) and I've noticed that can make a huge difference. If
Parent's Choice has worked for you, though, hopefully it'll work for
us!

Thanks.

-Carlye
DS 6-2-06
DD 9-29-04

Old July 24th 06, 07:40 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Donna Metler

"carlye" wrote in message
ups.com...

Nan wrote:
We've had really good luck with the Parent's Choice and fit. My dd is

*very* chunky in the booty area, lol. She's got belly, booty, and
chunky thighs.
Typically, we have to go with the size up from the weight limit on the
package, but we've had to do that with the pricier diapers as well.

Hmm... I will have to try the Parent's Choice, then. My SIL swears by
the Sam's Club ones, too, but her baby is on the very slender side
(he's 5th percentile) and mine are both on the chunky side (95th
percentile) and I've noticed that can make a huge difference. If
Parent's Choice has worked for you, though, hopefully it'll work for
us!

I didn't find Parent's choice or the Smiles to work well for my tall,
slender daughter, but the Target store brand (I believe just labeled "Baby
Diapers" has worked the same as Huggies, and better than Pampers for her.
The only thing is that since I'm a dedicated warehouse club shopper, the
Huggies have often been about the same price or less, and usually I just
bought a case of diapers once a month or so, only filling in with the Target
brand if we were going through them faster than that.

In Pull-ups, I like the White Cloud ones from Walmart, but I've never been
able to get them in case lots, so the Target brand is usually cheaper by the
case, and both seem to work pretty well; the White Cloud are nice because
you can use them like a regular diaper if needed since the tabs are
refastenable.

Old July 25th 06, 04:09 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
dragonlady

In article ,
"Tori M" wrote:

We were in the basement of my mom's house and I saw the indoor dryer
that she has - it is an expandable wooden one, and you can hang at
least one load of wash on it. It wouldn't have to be in the bathroom
if you aren't drip drying things.

My mom had something like that when I was a kid. I have also concidered
getting a retactable line and stringing it up in the kitchen. It would
allow much more to be evenly hung and it is warmer in the kitchen durring
the day. I actualy wouldnt even mind hand washing cloths but we dont have a
washboard. I was talking to Jeff about that today. He is getting verry
worried with me wanting to do things with less technology.. the only thing I
really dont want to get rid of at this point is the fans and the computer :P

Tori

Y'all are making feel nostalgic. We had one of those wooden things --
and we also had a house with a coal burning furnace in the basement, and
one large grate over it into the house. (No forced air or air ducts or
anything like that -- you looked down through the grate onto the top of
the furnace.) We set the dryer over that, and clothes dried REAL fast!
During the summer, we hung clothes outdoors on lines, and used laundry
poles to get them up higher into the wind, and they dried pretty fast.
In fact, I have a permanently injured toenail from a childhood incident
while jousting with laundry poles....

Where I live now I can put up an outdoor line. I don't know if I will
-- I certainly wouldn't dry ALL of my clothes on a line -- but you're
making me remember how good sheets and towels smell when they're dried
outdoors.

Old July 25th 06, 04:49 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Tori M" wrote:

I tried this last month and decided this was too irritating.. it took
everything way way too long to dry and our bathroom is not big enough for
3
days a load drying.

Tori

We were in the basement of my mom's house and I saw the indoor dryer
that she has - it is an expandable wooden one, and you can hang at
least one load of wash on it. It wouldn't have to be in the bathroom
if you aren't drip drying things.

We put one into our house when we bought it. It's over the kitchen sink and
drainer.
It works on a pulley system, so you can let it down to fill/empty it but is
up out of your way while it dries.
It takes one load approximately.
Debbie

Old July 25th 06, 04:59 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Lara" wrote in message
dragonlady wrote:

Where I live now I can put up an outdoor line. I don't know if I will
-- I certainly wouldn't dry ALL of my clothes on a line --

I'm curious about this. What wouldn't you dry on a line and why? Our
dryer lies pretty much dormant for all but about two months of the year,
and I know plenty of people who don't own one at all.

We have a drier but I use it perhaps 5 times a year. I only use it if there
is something I have to dry in a hurry. And that's in rainy England.
Debbie

choosing disposable diapers - which brand? oregonchick Pregnancy 24 October 26th 05 11:01 PM
(H) the following mom, baby & toddler items fsot scr621 General 0 April 11th 05 09:30 AM
Wanted old disposable diapers for polymer research studies Absorbtek Pregnancy 0 July 3rd 04 08:47 PM
Huggies diapers .. Jill Pregnancy 32 June 3rd 04 07:11 PM
How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)? [email protected] General 7 May 4th 04 05:48 AM