Next, THE WORLD!... was ... | | Trolling for kids with ADD, ADHD free CD-Rom or Video

Old January 3rd 04, 09:24 PM
Kane

Default Next, THE WORLD!... was ... | | Trolling for kids with ADD, ADHD free CD-Rom or Video

On 03 Jan 2004 20:05:00 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Two reasons. We are as a developed nation, more capable of

identifying
illness in our population, and many other developed countries DON'T
ALLOW CORPORAL PUNISHMENT of children.

England's medicine and practice of medicine is even more highly

evolved, some
would say than the US.

They have a fraction of reported cases of ADD, ADHD.

The are a fraction of the size. It's rate, not "fraction" dearie.

Am I EVER going to be able to teach you to do a little research before
you babble, Plant? But then to get A Plant to even use a keyboard,
well!

And of course, the principle of paddling in the public schools were

adopted
from those practices in the Mother Country

Yes, I know....right TOO my point exactly. Now let's just see how
Britain is doing ADHD wise, shall we:

http://tinyurl.com/29e6h

If you bother to read a few of these you'll see that Britain too has
had an over treatment of children with drugs. And is aware of the
problem.

About 1 in 20 brit schoolchildren are diagnosed as needing treatment
for some variation of ADHD. Gosh, that's 4% isn't it, about what the
US has....so much for YOUR genius. Just what DID your father do to
when when he caught you? And why CAN'T you remember it?

And, your pretense that the US isn't aware of and the medical
establishment isn't activily advocating for less use in the US:

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/200...2/hlsb0522.htm

A very provocative and thoughtful 1999 piece above, and

http://focus.hms.harvard.edu/1999/De...sychiatry.html

Where they were in year 2000.

And you'll be pleased I'm sure, and a subject I've brought up more tha
none, tells us where they are now:

http://tinyurl.com/ys298 for all...and a sample:

http://tinyurl.com/3d4az

I've an opinion of my own that will one day be borne out, I hope. That
this is a complex, not a single condition.

I, and educators I have close contact with, note that we can see at
least two types...the inattention model, and the over focused model.
That is the child who gets deeply into a subject and does NOT respond
well to the typical school model of changing subjects every hour or
less.

The latter tends to be the case with very high, often untested,
intellect. Many of our geniuses from the past seemed to be less than
willing schoolboys or girls, but were wonderfully focused as adults.

T. Edison was a typical one.

Thanks for this opportunity to educate.

And remember what parents who use CP risk...very likely a child like
I've mentioned could be distracted from, no, disrupted from their
genius developmentally.

Gee, now that's got to be relevant to something.

Paying for the cronyism, kickbacks, embezzlement, and no-bid

contracts common
to CPS.

Do you make similar claims, concerning the many signs seen publically,
about those who treat cancer and all the ads seen urging women to have
regular breast exams?

Or do you just have a woodie for children?

Some children DO have ADHD in various forms. They desperately need
medical help, as anyone that is ill with a brain abnormality,
endocrine problem, neurological anomolie, or other problem is.

You constantly, along with some of your more ignorant luddite cronies
here, make clear how much an enemy of humananity you are. More
especially with families and children.

Now you've done it again.

But then that's A Plant for you. Wants to take over the world with
It's little Vines...R R R R

My hunch is that we are getting closer to discovering how very
damaging to brain and other functions CP really is. It won't be long
now, Plant. We'll be weedind you and your Saplings from the
garden....R R R R R

Kane