Early Potty Training - any books on this?

Old March 4th 04, 05:16 PM
Rosie

Default Early Potty Training - any books on this?

Are there any books on early potty training?

I've seen one on 'natural toilet training' or nappy-free living, but
wondered if there was anything on the changes in potty training over the
last 50 years, or about how potty training used to be done in earlier
generations (e.g. my mum's, where they started toilet training around 4
months). I was just interested in reading on the subject but can't seem to
find much on it.

I've looked on Amazon UK but couldn't find anything.

ROSIE
(a visitor from Misc.Kids.Breastfeeding!)

Old March 4th 04, 06:34 PM
Beth Kevles

Hi -

I don't know of anything offhand, but look up "elimination timing",
which is the modern term for early toilet training. I'd look up books,
articles, and web sites if I were you, since you might find something in
any of those sources, but not necessarily in more than one.

I'd be curious to know if you discover anything.
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.
Old March 5th 04, 01:54 AM
Mary Gordon

Here are some titles - all of these are on the US Amazon site and all
are aimed at the very early toilet training idea.

Diaper Free! The Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygiene by Ingrid
Bauer
Infant Potty Training: A Gentle and Primeval Method Adapted to Modern
Living
by Laurie Boucke
Infant Potty Basics: With or Without Diapers-- The Natural Way
by Laurie Boucke
Trickle Treat by Laurie Boucke
Potty Training Your Baby by Katie Van Pelt
Old March 5th 04, 09:00 AM
Rosie

Thanks to Mary and Beth for helpful advice!

ROSIE

Old March 5th 04, 03:02 PM
Laurie

Hi Rosie,

This webpage tells you about infant potty training and links to two
books plus other websites http://www.timl.com/ipt

I've used infant pottying with my third child (didn't know about it
before then) and really loved it!!

The most comprehensive book is "Infant Potty Training"
http://www.white-boucke.com/ifpt.html

If you're in the UK, there are some copies available there (Berks.).
You can email me if you want UK contact info.

Grace

Old March 8th 04, 09:41 PM
Penny Gaines

Rosie wrote in :

Are there any books on early potty training?

I've seen one on 'natural toilet training' or nappy-free living, but
wondered if there was anything on the changes in potty training over the
last 50 years, or about how potty training used to be done in earlier
generations (e.g. my mum's, where they started toilet training around 4
months). I was just interested in reading on the subject but can't seem
to find much on it.

I've looked on Amazon UK but couldn't find anything.

Coming in a bit late he
If you want to find out how childcare has changed over the last few
centuries, get hold of the book "Perfect Parents" by Christina Hardyment.
It is a history of childcare, as described in the parenting manuals
of the past. I can't remember anything specific about potty training,
but it is almost certainly in there.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Update - child-led potty training Cathy Weeks General 2 November 22nd 03 11:00 PM
OT - Potty training - can it be child-led? (xpost) Cathy Weeks General 40 November 21st 03 10:05 PM
Stop killing Innocent Puppies! (Petition) The Puppy Wizard General 0 October 10th 03 06:59 PM
potty training lynn General 8 August 6th 03 10:37 PM
Frustrated - Potty training Infocus General 8 July 16th 03 05:04 PM