How can we get CS reduced?

Old September 15th 07, 05:41 PM posted to alt.child-support
don_1228

Default How can we get CS reduced?

On Sep 15, 9:34 am, Relayer wrote:
On Sep 15, 7:46?am, "Gini" wrote:

Actually, I just did a quick calculation based on the mother not
working and it's a significant decrease regardless.

Yeah...I did a quick calc as well, which made me wonder how it was
set in the first place and puzzled by the OP seeming to have no idea
why it is $1,400/month.

Don

Old September 15th 07, 07:18 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Sep 15, 7:46?am, "Gini" wrote:

Actually, I just did a quick calculation based on the mother not
working and it's a significant decrease regardless.

Yeah...I did a quick calc as well, which made me wonder how it was
set in the first place and puzzled by the OP seeming to have no idea
why it is $1,400/month.

Don

If it was set in Texas (probably) the amount is correct. Maine is a
lot more friendly when it comes to CS.

Old September 15th 07, 07:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"don_1228" wrote
On Sep 15, 7:46?am, "Gini" wrote:

Actually, I just did a quick calculation based on the mother not
working and it's a significant decrease regardless.

Yeah...I did a quick calc as well, which made me wonder how it was
set in the first place and puzzled by the OP seeming to have no idea
why it is $1,400/month.

==
I dunno--We paid 1200. mo (FL) for 2 kids and our income at that time was
a whole lot less than his.
His income is over 100k a year. I did notice that Maine considers subsequent
children which would reduce
the payment somewhat if he has any.

Old September 15th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

s.com...

On Sep 15, 7:46?am, "Gini" wrote:

Actually, I just did a quick calculation based on the mother not
working and it's a significant decrease regardless.

Yeah...I did a quick calc as well, which made me wonder how it was
set in the first place and puzzled by the OP seeming to have no idea
why it is $1,400/month.

Don

If it was set in Texas (probably) the amount is correct.

==
Unlikely, as the OP wonders if they will have to go to ME for a mod hearing.

Old September 16th 07, 02:08 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Sep 15, 7:46?am, "Gini" wrote:

Actually, I just did a quick calculation based on the mother not
working and it's a significant decrease regardless.

Yeah...I did a quick calc as well, which made me wonder how it was
set in the first place and puzzled by the OP seeming to have no idea
why it is $1,400/month.

Don

If it was set in Texas (probably) the amount is correct.

==
Unlikely, as the OP wonders if they will have to go to ME for a mod hearing.

Well, it makes sense if it is Texas (it is spot on for Texas, summing
33% witholding) and not even close for Maine.(Like double the amount)
Not remotely close, so my guess is it was set in Texas and the mother
moved to Maine and they think they have to modify in Maine when it
needs to be changed to Maine as that is where the kid now resides.

Old September 16th 07, 02:48 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Relayer" wrote
"Gini" wrote:
"Relayer" wrote in message

If it was set in Texas (probably) the amount is correct.

==
Unlikely, as the OP wonders if they will have to go to ME for a mod
hearing.

Well, it makes sense if it is Texas (it is spot on for Texas, summing
33% witholding) and not even close for Maine.(Like double the amount)
Not remotely close, so my guess is it was set in Texas and the mother
moved to Maine and they think they have to modify in Maine when it
needs to be changed to Maine as that is where the kid now resides.

==
Well, I guess you have that all wrapped up.

Old September 17th 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.child-support
animal05

Gini wrote:

"Relayer" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Sep 15, 7:46?am, "Gini" wrote:

"Jaguar" wrote Hi, My husband pays $1500 a month of CS for a daughter
that is 2 years

old. She lives in Maine and we live in Texas. Is there anyway to get
this reduced without having to take a trip to Maine? How can we get
this down to a more reasonable amount?

==
Here is a Maine CS calculation form. You will have to know the income of
the
mother to calculate properly.
If his ordered amount is more than the guidelines, he may get a
reduction.
If his ordered amount is less than
the guidelines, he may get an increase even if he is requesting a
reduction.

http://www.ptla.org/PDF/childsuppworksheet.pdf

Actually, I just did a quick calculation based on the mother not
working and it's a significant decrease regardless.

==
The mother is not working?
==

In Texas, the CS is based ONLY on the NCPs income (Dad) and is a flat
percentage of net income. In Maine, both parents incomes are used to
determine the amount. It's going to be a significant drop if
juristiction is Maine.

==
If the original jurisdiction was Maine, and it wasn't transferred to TX., it
is still Maine.
==

Here is a calculator I found
http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/ch...ne/default.asp

With a gross of $9600 a month, $1500 gross for the custodial parent, (
a guess) $500 in day care (another guess) and $100 for insurance, it
calculates to $1410 a month.

Old September 17th 07, 05:16 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"animal05" wrote in message
newsZidnZUoguPIRnDbnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

With a gross of $9600 a month, $1500 gross for the custodial parent, ( a
guess) $500 in day care (another guess) and $100 for insurance, it
calculates to $1410 a month.

I posted this before - But with all due respect to the OP - If her husband
is smart enough to make over $100k per year and can't explain why his CS
order is set at $1400 per month, something is wrong with him or her story.

Old September 18th 07, 01:42 AM posted to alt.child-support
animal05

Bob Whiteside wrote:

"animal05" wrote in message
newsZidnZUoguPIRnDbnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

With a gross of $9600 a month, $1500 gross for the custodial parent,
( a guess) $500 in day care (another guess) and $100 for insurance, it
calculates to $1410 a month.

I posted this before - But with all due respect to the OP - If her
husband is smart enough to make over $100k per year and can't explain
why his CS order is set at $1400 per month, something is wrong with him
or her story.

I agree

Reduced Fetal Movement? [email protected] Pregnancy 3 June 9th 05 04:29 AM
The Reduced Gastaldo Chotii Pregnancy 2 April 4th 05 07:58 AM
Got my CS Payments Reduced Lecher9000 Child Support 3 November 9th 03 03:07 AM
Whew! Childcare worries somewhat reduced Circe General 4 October 17th 03 08:31 PM