My 1st NIP comment

Old March 12th 04, 05:45 PM
Kari

Default My 1st NIP comment

Last night while I was at my daughter's Irish Step recital, another mother
saw me nursing Xander and came up to me and said "he nurses so well!" We
went on to talk about how he has always refused a bottle so it wasn't ever
an option for me to feed him EBM. She mentioned that's how her older
daughter was too but went on to say that she only nursed her 2 yr old for a
few months. I guess because her daughter was always distracted and it was a
battle to keep her on the breast. Before going back to her seat, she thanked
me for nursing and said it was so nice to see and wished she saw more mom's
doing it. I was in such a good mood the rest of the night because of that!!
I've had smiles from people before but no one has ever talked to me about
it.

Oh, but speaking of being easily distracted, is that a normal 4-5 month old
thing? Lately I have been having a really hard time keeping him interested
in eating. It's pull on the blanket (if we're in public) and expose me, lol.
At home, its always something else and he does the suck, suck, look around,
suck, suck, look around the whole time and it's kind of frustrating. Lately,
he will twist his body so he's looking backwards and then start sucking on
my arm. What a crazy kid he is!

On another note - for the past 5 days, he's gone to bed around 8:00 and
slept until 6:30 with 1 feeding around 3 AM. The best part is, he's only up
for 10 minutes! WooHoo!! Im so hoping this keeps up

Kari
no-longer-sleep-deprived mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and Xander (5 mos)

Old March 12th 04, 06:39 PM
Clisby

Kari wrote:

Oh, but speaking of being easily distracted, is that a normal 4-5 month old
thing? Lately I have been having a really hard time keeping him interested
in eating. It's pull on the blanket (if we're in public) and expose me, lol.
At home, its always something else and he does the suck, suck, look around,
suck, suck, look around the whole time and it's kind of frustrating. Lately,
he will twist his body so he's looking backwards and then start sucking on
my arm. What a crazy kid he is!

Oh, yeah, when my son was that age, I couldn't even nurse him in the
same room with my daughter or husband - every 3 minutes he'd stop
nursing to check out what they were doing.

Clisby

Old March 12th 04, 10:56 PM
Cheryl S.

"Kari" wrote in message
Last night while I was at my daughter's Irish Step recital,
another mother saw me nursing Xander and came up to
me and said "he nurses so well!"

That's so nice! I've never had anyone comment to me while NIP, either
good or bad.

Oh, but speaking of being easily distracted, is that a normal
4-5 month old thing?

Ooooooh, yes. I'm sure that's why Jaden started nursing so much at
night during that time, because he couldn't focus on nursing for long
enough to get enough to eat.

On another note - for the past 5 days, he's gone to bed around
8:00 and slept until 6:30 with 1 feeding around 3 AM. The best
part is, he's only up for 10 minutes! WooHoo!! Im so hoping this
keeps up

That's so great Kari! I hope it keeps up for you too.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 11 mo. and Jaden, 6 months

Old March 12th 04, 11:39 PM
toypup

"Kari" wrote in message
Oh, but speaking of being easily distracted, is that a normal 4-5 month

old
thing? Lately I have been having a really hard time keeping him interested
in eating. It's pull on the blanket (if we're in public) and expose me,

lol.
At home, its always something else and he does the suck, suck, look

around,
suck, suck, look around the whole time and it's kind of frustrating.

Lately,
he will twist his body so he's looking backwards and then start sucking on
my arm. What a crazy kid he is!

That's where the nursing canopies come in handy, but you have to get them
used to it before they start getting distracted.

Old March 13th 04, 01:12 AM
Rachel

"Kari" wrote in message ...
Oh, but speaking of being easily distracted, is that a normal 4-5 month old

thing? Lately I have been having a really hard time keeping him interested
in eating. It's pull on the blanket (if we're in public) and expose me, lol.

This sounds a lot like my DD, who is 4.5 months. She's always looking
around the room (usually with nipple still in mouth, ouch), and has a
new habit of trying to stick her finger in her mouth while nursing.
She just nurses for a few minutes at a time now but seems satisfied so
I guess she's increased her efficiency. Too much else to do these
days, I guess.

On another note - for the past 5 days, he's gone to bed around 8:00 and
slept until 6:30 with 1 feeding around 3 AM. The best part is, he's only up
for 10 minutes! WooHoo!! Im so hoping this keeps up

Yay!! Mine is getting there as well, usually asleep at 7, nurse at
around 11 and 4 and sleep until 7. Much better than before. Isn't it
amazing what sleep can do for us?

Rachel

Bullies More Dangerous Than You Think - A comment Rasmus Nielsen Kids Health 2 June 13th 04 06:29 PM
Dealing with bullies - a comment Rasmus Nielsen General 0 June 11th 04 01:41 PM
Dealing with bullies - comment Rasmus Nielsen General 0 June 10th 04 10:13 AM
comment from nurse nina Breastfeeding 21 March 16th 04 05:47 PM
heard my first negative bfing comment! [email protected] Breastfeeding 0 November 21st 03 05:28 PM