Anyone breastfeeding and TTC?

Old February 10th 04, 07:42 AM
BellyBelly

Default Anyone breastfeeding and TTC?

Wondering if there are any others out there breastfeeding and trying to
conceive? My daughter is almost fully weaned at 22 months but my body is
struggling to get back to normal! Eck! Any one else?

Old February 10th 04, 03:00 PM
MonifromMarrs

I am TTC and DD is 13 months and I am still breastfeeding. I am struggling too
but then again I always do. Moni
Old February 10th 04, 03:09 PM
Spanannie

My body just wouldn't work while breastfeeding....but I wasn't willing to
give it up to conceive. So, I had to use Clomid, which worked on the first
time. I guess it jump-started things for me. Ironically, I wouldn't give
up the bf to conceive, but 4 mos into the pregnancy, my milk dried up, so it
ended our bf anyway. I guess 19 mos of bf was plenty for my son, though.

Annie
mom to Zach born 6.19.02
and Baby Grace due 6.20.04

Old February 10th 04, 04:35 PM
toypup

"BellyBelly" wrote in message
Wondering if there are any others out there breastfeeding and trying to
conceive? My daughter is almost fully weaned at 22 months but my body is
struggling to get back to normal! Eck! Any one else?

We never used any form of contraception after the birth of DS. We began
TTC'ing when DS was 12 months old. He BF'd until 21 months. At that time,
he was down to BF'ing about every other night. We didn't conceive until DS
was 24 months. I think BF'ing, in our case, was a very good form of
contraception.

Old February 10th 04, 06:54 PM
Melissa

This is our first month of TTC, but I haven't even seen AF yet (DD is 10
mths and nursing 5x/day). I'm hoping that I don't have to wean her first,
but I'm planning on weaning other than the before bed nursing at about a
year. I've had enough and I feel I've given her a good start. (Only here
would I feel I have to justify weaning at a year. Elsewhere I'm unusual for
doing it so long.)

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old February 10th 04, 07:10 PM
Michelle Podnar

I am BF DD (18 months), and have been ttc since June. We had infertility
issues before though, so not holding much luck. I have gone to see an RE
and he said while BF my chance of getting pregnant are extremely low.

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002

Old February 10th 04, 11:08 PM
Larry McMahan

BellyBelly writes:
: Wondering if there are any others out there breastfeeding and trying to
: conceive? My daughter is almost fully weaned at 22 months but my body is
: struggling to get back to normal! Eck! Any one else?

What's normal? Have you had a period yet? This is the critical
"turning point."

Larry

Old February 11th 04, 01:03 AM

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:42:41 GMT, "BellyBelly" wrote:

Wondering if there are any others out there breastfeeding and trying to
conceive? My daughter is almost fully weaned at 22 months but my body is
struggling to get back to normal! Eck! Any one else?

I was TTCing while breastfeeding, starting at around 11 months. My
cycle didn't return until 14 months but was way from pre-pg . I am
now 21 weeks pg and DD is still breastfeeding (she is now 22 months).

Di
Old February 11th 04, 03:36 PM
ted

"Spanannie" wrote in message ...
My body just wouldn't work while breastfeeding....but I wasn't willing to
give it up to conceive. So, I had to use Clomid, which worked on the first
time. I guess it jump-started things for me.

snip

Was taking clomid ok while breastfeeding? I thought it's not. did you
pump and dump the days when you took it? How long does it usually take
for Clomid to get out of your bloodstream/body?

Thanks.
Old February 11th 04, 03:51 PM
Dawn Lawson

ted wrote:

"Spanannie" wrote in message ...

My body just wouldn't work while breastfeeding....but I wasn't willing to
give it up to conceive. So, I had to use Clomid, which worked on the first
time. I guess it jump-started things for me.

snip

Was taking clomid ok while breastfeeding? I thought it's not. did you
pump and dump the days when you took it? How long does it usually take
for Clomid to get out of your bloodstream/body?

I don't know about it's safety when breastfeeding, but iirc, the
halflife is something like 12 or 15 days. It's not safe to take when
pregnant, but the halflife means if you use it and it works, you WILL
have some left in your body when you are first pregnant. I found that
hard to resolve, and combined with the other effects I had with Clomid,
it made the drug one I didn't enjoy taking at all.

Dawn