need source for breast milk storage bags

Old February 11th 06, 12:15 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default need source for breast milk storage bags

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
you mean in a cheap breastmilk bag, then the ziploc? I heard they are made
of different types of plastic or something. Anyway here ziploc isn't widly
available so it's probably cheaper to triple bag with Avent than to use a
ziploc!

You can certainly do that-I loaned someone local to me my WW, and I'd lost
the ties, so she put the WW bag in a ziploc, and AFAIK, it was fine.

Jess

Old February 11th 06, 03:14 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Hey Anne, we mom's really try to save alot of money? I know I do. I
live in a suburb near Chicago that has non for profit organizations
such as pregnancy center that you can "buy" maternity and baby items
for free! they have b/milk bags and even pumps, but you don't pay with
money. You pay with positive life choices, such as, your pay check
stub, school report card(high school and college), attendance to
parenting meetings, etc. It has been an excellent resource for me
because I am considered the "working poor" class. where ever you live,
you should check community organizations, WIC, thrift stores, and even
local clinics and hospitals. Alot of times they have information we
never knew about. Anyway, I currently b/feed and the better plastic
bags I've found are the ones specifically made for b/feeding/milk. All
the best! Latasha

Old February 11th 06, 02:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Anne Rogers wrote:
Amy, I bought Playtex Milk Storage bags (it's actually part of their
nursing system, but I use the bags by themselves) at Walmart. Their 6
ozs each, but you really can't store more than 4 ozs in them, or the
milk will spill when you twisty-tie them. They are pre-sterilized
(which was why I bought them, it's a huge plus for me), and cost about
$4 for a roll of 100 bags. It seemed like the best cost vs returns for
the money to me. Check your local Walmart.

did they freeze ok? I've had problems with lots of brands of bags, including
Avent, which are single ply, these days if I end up putting milk in the
freezer, I triple bag! but it does work, I got a bag out this week from the
beginning of December and it was fine.

Ane

Yes, they freeze perfectly fine, and yes, they also thaw perfectly well
!! :-) (I've done both)

PK