shortest age between babies poll

Old August 28th 03, 05:21 PM
trainerincalif

Default shortest age between babies poll

1. What is the shortest lenght of time between giving birth and having
another baby that you have had.
2. Where you exclusively breastfeeding?
3. How old was first baby when weaned?
4. Was either baby premature, if yes by how much?
Old August 28th 03, 05:37 PM
Andrea

"trainerincalif" wrote in message
om...
1. What is the shortest lenght of time between giving birth and having
another baby that you have had

18 months between the bith of one baby and another.
..
2. Where you exclusively breastfeeding?

I got pregnant as soon as I stopped breastfeeding.

3. How old was first baby when weaned?

From the breast? 10 months.

4. Was either baby premature, if yes by how much?

N/A
--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 11 weeks old weighing 15
pounds 10 ozs.

Fave quote "Mother is the word for God on the lips and hearts of children"
from the film "The Crow".

Old August 28th 03, 06:00 PM
Circe

"trainerincalif" wrote in message
om...
1. What is the shortest lenght of time between giving birth and having
another baby that you have had.

1 year, 361 days g.

2. Where you exclusively breastfeeding?

No. My oldest was 15 months old when I got pregnant. He was still
breastfeeding, but eating plenty of solids as well.

3. How old was first baby when weaned?

3y2m (which means I tandem-nursed for 14 months)

4. Was either baby premature, if yes by how much?

No.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [17mo] mom)

"...we patiently sat by his door, waiting for it to open so he could tell us
all about who he had met" -- from _Uncle Andy's_ by James Warhola

Old August 28th 03, 06:52 PM
Larry McMahan

trainerincalif writes:
: 1. What is the shortest lenght of time between giving birth and having
: another baby that you have had.
: 2. Where you exclusively breastfeeding?
: 3. How old was first baby when weaned?
: 4. Was either baby premature, if yes by how much?

When I was in grad school another student's wife had 6 babies in 5 years.
Thats about 10 months between babies. She formula fed. Sigh.

Larry
Old August 28th 03, 06:53 PM
Dawn Lawson

Andrea wrote:

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message

When I was in grad school another student's wife had 6 babies in 5 years.
Thats about 10 months between babies. She formula fed. Sigh.

Larry

Thank goodness for breastfeeding! If I hadn't breastfed I think I would have
had more than 5 babies in 7 years.

Well there ARE other options for extending the gap, you know.

Old August 28th 03, 07:33 PM
Andrea

Thank goodness for breastfeeding! If I hadn't breastfed I think I would
have
had more than 5 babies in 7 years.

Well there ARE other options for extending the gap, you know.

Yes thanks for that Dawn. I am aware of it, but we didn't mind if we got
pregnant again, as we planned on having a big family. Just ask the other
Andrea AKA Taniwah grrrl.
--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 12 weeks old weighing 16
pounds.

Old August 28th 03, 08:04 PM
Lina

trainerincalif writes:
: 1. What is the shortest lenght of time between giving birth and having
: another baby that you have had.
: 2. Where you exclusively breastfeeding?
: 3. How old was first baby when weaned?
: 4. Was either baby premature, if yes by how much?

When I was in grad school another student's wife had 6 babies in 5 years.
Thats about 10 months between babies. She formula fed. Sigh.

Larry

I knew a woman who was two weeks pregnant at her 6 week post partum check
up. After that baby, she was one week pregnant with twins at her post
partum check up. (The her @$$ of a husband left her after the twins were
born.)
She wasn't "allowed" to use birth control, and they were both of the
mindset that she was there to serve (service?) him whenever he wanted.
Sad.

Old August 28th 03, 08:41 PM
Andrea

Lina wrote

I knew a woman who was two weeks pregnant at her 6 week post partum check
up. After that baby, she was one week pregnant with twins at her post
partum check up. (The her @$$ of a husband left her after the twins were
born.)
She wasn't "allowed" to use birth control, and they were both of the
mindset that she was there to serve (service?) him whenever he wanted.
Sad.

Aw that really is awful, poor woman. If my husband ever left me I would
cope - I love my babies and would have to.

Old August 28th 03, 09:06 PM
Nikki

trainerincalif wrote:
1. What is the shortest lenght of time between giving birth and having
another baby that you have had.

24 months

2. Where you exclusively breastfeeding?

No but I was nursing about 8-10 times in a 24 hour period.

3. How old was first baby when weaned?

He was weaned at 20 months old when I was 5 months pregnant.

4. Was either baby premature, if yes by how much?

No.

Just to add to your poll my brother and I are 12 months apart. Neither of
us were breastfed at all. Both full term.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old August 28th 03, 10:22 PM
Sue

Larry McMahan wrote in message
When I was in grad school another student's wife had 6 babies in 5 years.
Thats about 10 months between babies. She formula fed. Sigh.

Larry

Maybe she wanted it that way.
--
Sue