sad about nanny

Old August 27th 03, 10:01 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

Default sad about nanny

Anne Rogers wrote:

Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 11 weeks old weighing 15
pounds 10 ozs.

Andrea, your sig always makes me smile because my seven & a half month
daughter weighs 15 lb 10 also and I always think what good milk you must
have to got where mine is in eleven weeks :-)

it makes me jealous, my son is 13 weeks old today, the doc saw us this
morning and should know roughly how old he is but thought he was only 9
weeks, and last week my husband took him on to the postnatal ward to pick
up some formula when I was in hospital, as he was leaving he was told he
couldn't take the baby of the ward, at 12 weeks he had been mistaken for a
newborn who was on the ward, they do say smaller one are cuter, but
sometimes (and I know this is really silly) I feel a failure as a woman,
bad at growing babies inside and not much good at getting them to put on
weight outside.

No, no don't feel like a failure. Look at it like you have a
lightweight baby!

DD was the median baby - she was always at the 50th percentile, except
when she was at the 25th percentile. It was wonderful - I could figure
out what size she would be the next season and prepare. She was very
portable and easy to hold.

DS, on the other hand, is a huge baby. At 8 weeks, he was 16 1/2 lbs.
I don't know how much he weighs at 12-13 weeks, but he's heavier. And
it's killing my back. I can't carry him in the infant carrier anymore -
it's too heavy.

So while I'm happy that DS is obviously thriving on breastmilk, I can't
help but wish he were at the 50th percentile like his older sister.

Jeanne

Old August 27th 03, 10:27 PM
Irrational Number

Andrea wrote:

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 11 weeks old weighing 15
pounds 10 ozs.

We had Pillbug's wbv today and he's 11 weeks
and 15 pounds 7 ozs! He's almost exactly the
same size as Kamron!

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old August 28th 03, 06:10 AM
KC

i'm so sorry. i had to go back to work when my first was 9 weeks old
and mydh took care of the baby. i hated it too.

kc

Irrational Number wrote in message ...
So, we hired a nanny and today is her first day.
Since I don't know for sure how much milk Pillbug
is taking in a day, I'm pumping all day and she's
feeding Pillbug with the bottle. By the end of
this week, I should know how much I need to pump
at work.

All this is fine and good... BUT, I'm feeling
very sad. The nanny is very good... she's the
one picking up Pillbug when he cries; she's the
one feeding him when he's hungry; she's the one
changing him when he poops... I'm here in my
room feeling sad. She's taking over my job...
Which is what I intended in the first place,
since I'm going back to work in 3 weeks... (Finally,
after 6 months bed rest plus 3 months leave!)
I'm looking forward to going back to work, but
I'm sad that I'm no longer going to do my
_primary_ job in the daytime... I'm kind of
hoping Pillbug doesn't sleep through the night
for awhile just so I get that time with him...
(I may regret saying this. )

-- Anita --
Mommy to Pillbug, 10 weeks

Old August 30th 03, 06:03 PM
marika

Mogget wrote in message ...
I believe there's nothing wrong with small babies.

yeah maybe we should start making them pocket size only then it will
be really easy to heft

I think it might be
an advantage in some ways - eg easier for the mum to heft, and when the
baby begins to toddle, a small light baby won't hurt himself so much
when he falls over.

don't know much physics do you

mk5000

"FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER. 8 YEARS OLD. HATEFUL LITTLE DOG.
BITES"--newspaper ad

"How to find a nanny" Mike General 0 May 4th 04 03:36 PM
nanny pay ,benefits, and hours [email protected] General 2 December 5th 03 07:14 PM
New nanny needs tips Traci General 1 September 30th 03 07:01 AM
Nanny interview advice Circe General 6 September 19th 03 03:24 PM
Nanny needs a wonderful family in MA. It's always something General 0 July 9th 03 03:58 PM