Any Kiwi gals remember the name of these biscuits (craving to satisfy)

Old December 12th 04, 03:02 AM
Pip

Default Any Kiwi gals remember the name of these biscuits (craving to satisfy)

Only one person here in NZ knows what I am talking about but she doesn't
remember the name of them. We used to buy them at the dairy on the way to
school about 15-20 years ago. They were about an inch wide by an inch and a
half long and were about 1/4 inch deep, and were made of what I can only
describe as pressed milk powder. I have a vague recollection they might
have been called milk biscuits. Originally in plain milk flavour then they
came also in banana and chocolate.

Does ANYONE know if they were called milk biscuits?? And if they were
anyone in NZ know if you can still buy them? I have been craving these
things for weeks now (and did in my last pregnancy) and actually wake in
the night thinking of them

TIA

Best wishes
Pip

Due 27/03/05
DD 21/03/02
DH 26/03/68

Old December 12th 04, 03:32 AM
Cam & Shane

Yeah!!! They ARE called milk biscuits and you can still buy them. I have
seen them in the odd dairy :-)

Good luck in your hunt.

Camille

Old December 12th 04, 03:48 AM
Todd Gastaldo

I Googled "Milk Biscuits" New Zealand

Here is a picture of Vanilla, Chocolate and Banana Milk Biscuits in NZ...
http://www.healtheries.co.nz/page.php?id=25&prod=1196

Todd

Old December 12th 04, 04:06 AM
Unadulterated Me

Pip wrote:

Does ANYONE know if they were called milk biscuits?? And if they were
anyone in NZ know if you can still buy them?

I called them Milk powder biscuits, and yes you can still buy them, I
got mine from the health food shop, I've never seen them in super
markets. They were yummy, I was quite addicted to them in Intermediate,
haven't had one for years though.

Andrea
Old December 12th 04, 06:37 AM
Pip

Oh oh oh thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mission
tommorow is to go to every dairy till I find them

Thanks again
Pip

Wooohhoooo who is so happy

Old December 12th 04, 06:38 AM
Pip

Thanks Andrea THANK YOU THANK YOU. If the dairies don't pay out (lol) I'm
off to check out the health food shops.

Oh yeah intermediate and then the first year at College I couldn't get
enough of them. Wow my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

Best wishes
Pip

Old December 12th 04, 06:55 AM
Tori M.

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
nk.net...
I Googled "Milk Biscuits" New Zealand

Here is a picture of Vanilla, Chocolate and Banana Milk Biscuits in NZ...
http://www.healtheries.co.nz/page.php?id=25&prod=1196

Todd

Wow Todd! Not one mention of 30% anyplace.. I am proud of you! What a good
googler..lol Anyway now I want some and I dont live in NZ and I still have
no idea what they are

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier 10/27/04

Old December 12th 04, 08:33 AM
Mum of Two

Oooh, never seen them...I'll have to keep an eye out. OT, but do you
remember when you could get popsicles for 20c at the dairy? There was an old
red phone booth outside our local dairy, and my friend and I used to find
change people had left behind and buy popsicles....except we called them
iceblocks...:-)

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old December 12th 04, 09:23 AM
rangitotogirl

I've seen them in places like Hardies.

Old December 12th 04, 10:09 AM
Pip

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
nk.net...
I Googled "Milk Biscuits" New Zealand

Here is a picture of Vanilla, Chocolate and Banana Milk Biscuits in

NZ...
http://www.healtheries.co.nz/page.php?id=25&prod=1196

Todd

Wow thanks Todd. Never thought to google as I didn't even know the internet
existed when I was eating the things LOL.

Pip