Morgan is 4 Months Old

Old July 25th 04, 08:42 PM
Carol Ann

Default Morgan is 4 Months Old

Morgan just turned 4 months old. I am exhausted. I am not talking tired, I
mean real bone deep exhaustion. My lower back hurts and my feet ache.

What gives?

--
~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the FREE Monthly Weightloss Challenge

http://tinyurl.com/33uk7 ---Recent Pictures of Morgan born 3.24.04

Old July 26th 04, 03:52 AM
nina

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Morgan just turned 4 months old. I am exhausted. I am not talking tired,

mean real bone deep exhaustion. My lower back hurts and my feet ache.

What gives?

Welcome to motherhood!
My mother claims that I will feel tired until my kids are all in college.

Old July 26th 04, 04:34 AM
ChocolateTruffles

Carol Ann wrote:

Morgan just turned 4 months old. I am exhausted. I am not talking tired, I
mean real bone deep exhaustion. My lower back hurts and my feet ache.

What gives?

It could be related to the change in hormones. Your hormones start to
revert back to normal around 3-4 months post partum.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old July 26th 04, 04:46 AM
Christine

LOL.........I was just thinking today that my back hurts and my legs
too.....and to think, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!!!

=91=91terrible two's=92=92.....lol.......and I wanted MORE?
LOL....

I cant believe she is 4 months.....WoW!

Chloe is 10 weeks....Today...( Sunday )

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...ID=3D9T8S0V9F=
5G

Old July 26th 04, 05:40 AM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Carol Ann wrote:

Morgan just turned 4 months old. I am exhausted. I am not talking tired, I
mean real bone deep exhaustion. My lower back hurts and my feet ache.

What gives?

I'd ask your dr. for a regular hormone workup. A lot of changes occur in
pregnancy, and postpartum you can show some hormone problems, like
thyroid. It is a common time for problems like that to happen.

Also make sure you are taking your vitamins, esp. your calcium,
magnesium & vit.d. B vitamins too for energy.

Old July 26th 04, 02:29 PM
T Flynn

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Shena Delian O'Brien wrote:
Carol Ann wrote:
Morgan just turned 4 months old. I am exhausted. I am not talking tired, I
mean real bone deep exhaustion. My lower back hurts and my feet ache.

Also make sure you are taking your vitamins, esp. your calcium,
magnesium & vit.d. B vitamins too for energy.

And iron. I was slightly anemic back around the six month of pregnancy,
and even now, if I miss a day or two of iron pills, I'm dead meat. Also:
DON'T FORGET to take basic care of yourself. If you need a nap while she
naps, NAP. And make sure to eat good foods throughout the day. And drink
plenty of water and beverages -- my back and joints ache when I'm
dehydrated.

Old July 26th 04, 02:50 PM
Jill

Morgan just turned 4 months old. I am exhausted. I am not talking

tired, I
mean real bone deep exhaustion. My lower back hurts and my feet

ache.

Carol Ann,
I completely empathize. I have never had back pain ever before, and my back
totally hurts and is very stiff. I am sore all over, back, neck, shoulders.
I am dead tired too. I don't think I am suffering from postpartum
depression, but I AM starting to sort of have a problem with needing to take
care of some of MY needs.

But......Rachel is a perfect, wonderful baby. I couldn't ask for a sweeter
baby, difficulties and all. I know Morgan is wonderful too and that you are
thrilled with her. One day we will reap the Mommy benefits!! Hang in there!

Jill

Old July 26th 04, 03:41 PM
Nikki

Carol Ann wrote:
Morgan just turned 4 months old. I am exhausted. I am not talking
tired, I mean real bone deep exhaustion. My lower back hurts and my
feet ache.

What gives?

Pay very close attention to your posture when you hold her. I caught a
glimpse of myself in the mirror once and I was sort of thrusting out my hips
when I held the baby up to my shoulder, which I did a lot. Once I made a
conscious effort to straighten up my back felt much better.

My arms and upper back just eventually strengthened up and quit hurting. I
nearly launched Luke the first couple weeks adjusting to carrying such a
small baby. It hardly felt possible that I had so much trouble carrying
Hunter around at first.

My ankles and wrists hurt a long time post-partum. Some of the wrist stuff
was carrying the baby I think but the ankle thing must have been hormonal.
It was the worst with Luke. It sounds odd but it finally went away when I
weaned him so I think the two things were connected.

For the exhaustion. Be sure and take vitamins and eat as well as you can.
It seems counter - intuitive but even a small amount of exercise might
help. It helped me sleep better, especially with #1 because I was adjusting
to all the broken sleep with him. I was more used to it with Luke...or
probably more used to functioning with the exhaustion :-(.

At any rate, if you aren't feeling better in a couple of months, consult
with your doctor. Also, exhaustion can cause symptoms of depression.
Maintaining good health, taking vitamins, eating well, and making sleep a
priority will help with that. However, if you feel that the exhaustion is a
symptom of depression, then you need to treat the depression first. If that
is the case, you should make an appointment with your doctor right away.

--
Nikki

Old July 26th 04, 07:03 PM
Coccinella

Carol Ann wrote:
Morgan just turned 4 months old. I am exhausted. I am not talking
tired, I mean real bone deep exhaustion. My lower back hurts and my
feet ache.

What gives?

I know Carol Ann I have exactly the same thing and Alexandra is 4 mo as
well. I agree with the ladies that it is hormone related. However I found
some relaxation techniques that work wonders for my lower back. It's the
Petrone method with the stress balls. It's absolutely fantastic. I think you
can do a quick search on the web and you can buy the booklet with the 2
balls. You can do it whenever you have time. I learnt some moves that I do
when I am reading in bed and they allow me to sleep at night.

I hope you can get relief soon.

Love
Nicky

Old July 27th 04, 04:49 AM
Wendy

Sounds like you need a babysitter so you can get a good night's sleep. I
know how you feel. I didn't actually know I could be that tired until I
had a baby. My remedy is to occasionally have Nolan stay with Grandma so
I can go home and sleep ALL night. Hope you feel more rested soon!

Wendy

Five months on Linz Pregnancy 6 March 19th 04 09:44 PM
Blocked tear duct at 5 months Laurie General 9 September 15th 03 06:19 PM
Solids; 4 months vs 6? Laurie General 9 August 12th 03 07:02 PM