Is it implantation bleeding?

Old July 31st 05, 02:56 PM
V.

"Amy" wrote in message
ups.com...

JC wrote:
This was first time I have done this and it was only for 30 minutes at
most. This was not the purpose of my post. Please focus on the main
point. I NEED information on others who have had implantation bleeding.

Thank you for your help!

Oh, all right. When asked, "Is JC pregnant?" the Magic 8 Ball says,
"My sources say no."

Better luck next month...

Amy (who did not experience any implantation bleeding, and who thinks
that a pregnancy would be ENTIRELY too long if you found out that you
were pregnant at 2, 3, or 4 weeks - as I found out at 7 weeks and it
still seems like for-freakin'-ever)

Yep, I found out at 4wks and am now 23wks. The LONGEST 19 wks of my life, I
can't imagine how long the next 17 will be!

To JC,
Sorry if you were offended by the caution about tampon use. Just a relevant
bit of info that could save your life or the lives of others reading your
post and thinking "oh, that's a good idea!". It certainly wasn't intended
to be insulting, and to be honest I'm at a bit of a loss why you were
bothered by it.
Implantation bleeding: sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. What
you describe could be implantation bleeding, but then again, it just as
easly could _not_ be implantation bleeding. Even if it is, early m/c are
frighteningly common. The only way to know you are pregnant (except Amy's
reliable Magic 8 Ball) is to have a pos. HPT. A neg. HPT 14+ days after
ovulation *probably* means you aren't pregnant, but this board is full of
stories of women who didn't test pos. until later.
I hope that you get that pos HPT soon, I know how hard it is to wait.
(Although, the waiting after is just as hard. It got easier once I was past
the first trimester, but that's a LOT of waiting. )
Good luck,
Amy V.

Old August 1st 05, 10:35 PM
Mum of Two

"V." wrote in message

To JC,
Sorry if you were offended by the caution about tampon use. Just a
relevant bit of info that could save your life or the lives of others
reading your post and thinking "oh, that's a good idea!". It certainly
wasn't intended to be insulting, and to be honest I'm at a bit of a loss
why you were bothered by it.

While ITA about the tampon use and was going to mention it myself if it
hadn't been mentioned already, I'm guessing it's this comment that hit a raw
nerve with the OP, since she has obviously suffered fertility problems:

"I can't help but wonder if a lifetime of using tampons "just in case"
could cause fertility problems... It probably hasn't been studied, but
you never know."

There is a tendency to blame the sufferer for unexplained fertility - in
much the same way we 'blame' people for having depression or 'blame' rape
victims. Those struggling to conceive and suffering m/c are often told
things like "Just relax and you'll get pregnant" or "It just wasn't meant to
be". I think the OP was probably more upset at the insinuation of blame than
she was at the criticism of her tampon use. Correct me if I'm wrong. HTH!

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old August 1st 05, 10:41 PM
V.

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
"V." wrote in message

[...]

OMG, you're totally right! Since I'm not the one who wrote that, I couldn't
figure out what the problem with mentioning the tampon use was. As a
super-sensitive "infertile" myself I should have picked up on that. D'oh!

JC, hope you get your pos HPT soon. You could also try
alt.infertility.pregnancy for pregnant women who have experienced
infertility (and gotten many such remarks). I will say that an advantage of
a.i.p. is that we tend to have more interventionist pregnancies (more
ultrasounds, etc.) so you can get more info and support around those issues
there. Hope to see you there soon!

Amy V.

Old August 2nd 05, 12:07 AM
Mum of Two

"V." wrote in message

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
"V." wrote in message

[...]

FWIW, I doubt Amy (the other Amy!) intended the comment like that. I think
she was pondering over the thought herself, and didn't consider the
relevance to the OP and how it might be perceived.

JC, hope you get your pos HPT soon. You could also try
alt.infertility.pregnancy for pregnant women who have experienced
infertility (and gotten many such remarks). I will say that an advantage
of a.i.p. is that we tend to have more interventionist pregnancies (more
ultrasounds, etc.) so you can get more info and support around those
issues there. Hope to see you there soon!

Seconded! Best of luck JC.