REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

Old June 30th 08, 09:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
JOHN

Default REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

Oath written and administered by
Dr. Leo Rebello
www.healthwisdom.org

This more comprehensive Oath was drawn by Dr. Leo Rebello in 2003, since
Hippocrates Oath is now partly outdated being centuries old. This revised
Oath has been widely circulated, accepted and appreciated.

1st July is celebrated as Doctors Day all over the world. The day usually
passes without a whimper. Many doctors have forgotten their Hippocratic oath
or humanism. Therefore, I would like to administer the following oath to the
doctors to serve as a reminder as to how important is their profession.
Doctors to please repeat after me.

I, -------------, do hereby swear on this solemn day that :-
I shall not prescribe unnecessary medicines and tests to my patients;
I shall not give false counseling;
I shall not overcharge and accept cuts and gifts;
I shall not rape tiny tots with mercury laced innoculations or vaccinations,
for they pollute the blood stream of small children leading to serious
diseases like AIDS, Cancers, Autism, etc.;
I shall not prescribe lethal drugs, like anti-retrovirals, chemotherapy, or
give ECT to my patients;

I shall not indulge in human organ thefts to the detriment of my patients;
I shall not be afraid of any authority and fabricate medical records or give
false evidence;
I shall not exploit students studying under me;
I shall not manipulate findings or results to win grants or awards.

I, -------------, further solemnly affirm that:-
If I cannot treat a disease, I shall not say that AIDS, cancers, diabetes
has no cure.
But will tell the patient to try other systems of medicine.
I shall treat health practitioners of other systems with respect and not
tell deliberate lies
to prove my importance.
I shall study Holistic healing modalities to increase my knowledge and
wisdom.
I shall not even by mistake say that "HIV=AIDS=death" or cancers cannot be
treated.
I shall not frighten my patients with unnecessary comments, opinions or
advice.
I still remember what Hippocrates said, namely, "Let diet be your medicine"
and shall accordingly prescribe fresh fruits, vegetables and good diet to my
patients, rather than tonics, syrups, synthetic multi-vitamins, specially to
children.
I shall not perform surgery, unless it is absolutely must and will not
indulge in rackets like amniocentesis, caesarian section, silicon implant or
liposuction.
I shall work to ban the useless and cruel animal experiments in the name of
medicine.
I shall participate in periodic workshops, seminars, and conferences at my
expense or on scholarship (no pharma funding) to educate myself and speak
from my conscience if I am called upon to speak or preside.

Finally, I shall not consume alcohol, smoke tobacco, or take other narcotic
and psychotropic substances. As far as possible, I shall also not take
animal proteins.

I realize and aver that a great responsibility of people's well-being is
upon my shoulders and I shall carry on my onerous task with utmost
dedication.

This I swear in the name of God on this solemn Doctors Day and I shall
repeat this oath daily lest I forget that I am in a divine profession to
heal the world.