Odd places to nurse a toddler!

Old January 8th 04, 03:40 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default Odd places to nurse a toddler!

Hi all,
We just got back from a vacation in Florida, and I ended up nursing
Kivi (two years old in December) in two kind of unusual places.

1. The beach. I never thought I'd nurse on the beach - because I wear
one-piece swim suits that are just NOT accessible for nursing. But I
forgot my swimsuit, and bought a cheap tankini, and I just pulled it
up on one side, and let my t-shirt drape around my daughter, allowing
enough discretion for my comfort.

2. The Salvadore Dali Museum. Kivi was really tired of being cooped
up and asked to nurse. So I found an empty corner (kind of difficult
considering there weren't many corners that were far away from any
paintings), and she nursed happily. I got a few glances, and a few
smiles. No biggie.

So what are the wierdest places you've nursed your toddler (or
infant)?

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old January 8th 04, 04:20 PM
Mary Hewitt

i would have to say the oddest place i ever nursed cayden was in the
pool...we were over at my sisters mothers in laws house when cayden was
about 3 months old...i took him in the pool, not sure if he would like
it or not and he loved it but he decided that he wanted to nurse...my
side of the family is very supportive of breastfeeding and they are so
used to it that i just pulled one side of my suit down and let him nurse
while i stayed in the water..cayden loved it now about once a week we go
into the tub together and he nurses in there...relaxes us both

Old January 8th 04, 04:39 PM
Elana Kehoe

Cathy Weeks wrote:

So what are the wierdest places you've nursed your toddler (or
infant)?

Hmmm..airplane, walking around a museum, walking around the supermarket
(when he was small, both using the sling). I know there are more...on
the commuter train...but none are coming to mind. Oh well. :-)
--
It's Tis Herself

Old January 8th 04, 07:20 PM
AlenasMom

So what are the wierdest places you've nursed your toddler (or
infant)?

In a bathroom.... I was changing her, she started screaming, so I fed
her...

I REALLY want to go to the Salvador Dali museum!!!!

Old January 8th 04, 08:23 PM
HollyLewis

So what are the wierdest places you've nursed your toddler (or
infant)?

Hm. Neither the beach nor a museum strike me as particularly weird places to
nurse. :-)

I did nurse DS once while sitting on the edge of a spa/jacuzzi (with my feet in
the water). He might have been a toddler at the time; I can't recall for sure
because we were at an annual event and I don't remember which year that was.

Holly
Mom to Camden, almost 3
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old January 8th 04, 09:28 PM
zeldabee

Cathy Weeks was all, like:

So what are the wierdest places you've nursed your toddler (or
infant)?

In the office of the Customer Service Manager at the Greyhound bus terminal
in Washington, DC. I'd bought a discounted ticket at a ticket kiosk, and
somehow got the origin and destination mixed up, and at first they wouldn't
change the ticket without charging me full price. I was really infuriated
with them, because the driver could have accepted the original ticket in the
first place (according to another driver)...I dropped all my luggage on the
floor in this woman's office, and took Sprogly, who'd been fussing, out of
his sling...I plunked myself down on a chair and started nursing him (as I
was on the verge of tears, saying, oh, great, I'm going to be *stuck* here
now! [My blood sugar was low]). For some reason, the manager changed her
mind and decided to reissue a ticket without charging me more.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/