Ot weird thing on arm - excema?

Old January 9th 04, 08:12 PM
teapot

Default Ot weird thing on arm - excema?

The Moo has a cirular thing on his arm, about the size of a 5p bit,
(dunno what that is in American, sorry) It is in exactly the same
place as a scabies track he had but that was treated back in November.
The outside of the circle is a bit scabby and the inside was bumpy.
The inside is now smooth and the circle is broken, so there are two
crescents of scabs. He has the same kind of scabs on one of his legs,
but no circle.

His dad gets excema sometimes, I don't. I put breast milk on it
sometimes and I think it helps, I haven't put anything on the leg one
and that is healing slower.

Thing is, this started in November and its now January, so it's just
not going away. I has asked our pharmacist and she says it is not
impetigo.

Ideas anyone? I eat very little cow stuff as it gives me the runs (is
this too much info?), but do have an egg every other day if the hens
are laying. Could it be a reaction to the permethrin we used to treat
the scabies?

teapot and the Moo boy 7mths old
Old January 9th 04, 08:38 PM
Beth Kevles

Hi -

If you guys were in the US, I'd have him tested for Lyme disease. But I
don't think you have that where you are. I'd take him in to the doctor
for a looksee.

It doesbn't sound like an allergic reaction; too localized.

Not that I really know anything about this at all ...

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

Old January 9th 04, 08:40 PM
Nina

http://www.askdrsears.com/images/ringworm.jpg
http://www.fabcats.org/images/RING7.JPEG
Ringworm?

om...

Old January 10th 04, 03:14 AM
Shannon G

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Before reading about the pharmacist opinion, I immediately thought impetigo.

Shannon

Old January 10th 04, 03:50 AM
JennP

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
The Moo has a cirular thing on his arm, about the size of a 5p bit,
(dunno what that is in American, sorry) It is in exactly the same
place as a scabies track he had but that was treated back in November.
The outside of the circle is a bit scabby and the inside was bumpy.
The inside is now smooth and the circle is broken, so there are two
crescents of scabs. He has the same kind of scabs on one of his legs,
but no circle.

I know you did two treatments for the scabies, but could it still be
scabies? I ask because you say it's exactly in the same place.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old January 10th 04, 04:35 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Nina wrote:
Sounds like ringworm.

Caterpillar's had a couple of eczema patches that looked *exactly* like the
pictures of ringworm I'd seen on the net. They always cleared up by her
next wbv, so I never had her ped look at them.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old January 10th 04, 02:54 PM
Leslie

FWIW, Ringworm was my first thought as well.

Leslie
Old January 10th 04, 04:11 PM
JennP

"Leslie" wrote in message
FWIW, Ringworm was my first thought as well.

Leslie

Weird that it is in the same *exact* spot at the scabies track. Could the
Dr. have misdiagnosed ringworm for scabies maybe? Teapot?
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old January 11th 04, 01:25 PM
teapot

"JennP" wrote in message news:cvVLb.15701$I06.97870@attbi_s01...
"Leslie" wrote in message
FWIW, Ringworm was my first thought as well.

Leslie

Weird that it is in the same *exact* spot at the scabies track. Could the
Dr. have misdiagnosed ringworm for scabies maybe? Teapot?

Thanks for all your ideas.

Beth, it doesnt look like pics I have seen of Lymes, thankfully!
Nina and Leslie, I thought ringworm but the thing on his leg has the
same scabs but isnt in a circle. The first pic looks just like it and
the second doesnt at all,thanks for the links Nina.
Phoebe, I looked up ringworm in Dr Sears and it said excema can look
just like it, but it is not going away.
Shannon, I'll ask another pharmacist about impetigo.
Jenn P, The thing on his arm has been there for a couple of months.
If it was still scabies it would have spread all over all of us by
now.

He had something similar in scabbiness on his face and the Dr said
'impetigo', but I just squirted breastmilk on it and it went away in a
couple of weeks. I havent been putting so much milk on his arm as it
is not as accesable as his face but it is not shifting.

I think I'll ask another pharmacist, the doctor is a big fan of
antiboitics and I am not, so I'd rather try all ideas out before that.

Cheers all
teapot

Weird feeling in chest Amy Pregnancy 10 February 17th 04 08:10 AM
weird feeling...anyone else? Christine Pregnancy 8 February 15th 04 12:40 AM
Review: Love Don't Cost a Thing (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 December 9th 03 11:28 PM
good thing about blackout 2003 cindy General 3 August 18th 03 07:38 PM
Ain't no such thing as DEATH Ed Conrad General 38 July 11th 03 06:18 AM