tangled hair

Old February 13th 08, 09:00 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default tangled hair

On Feb 13, 1:23 pm, Banty wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Feb 13, 10:31 am, Banty wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Feb 13, 9:25 am, enigma wrote:
wrote

ups.com:

I use garnier fructise leave in conditioner for my DD's
hair every single day. By the next day it's frizzy again. I
wash her hair once a week. Can anyone recommend something
stronger than the leave-in? Is there a hair gel appropriate
for kids hair? She's very sensitive to begin with and this
is causing too many tears in the morning.

braid it for bedtime?
my son has very fine below shoulder length hair & i find it
tangles if it's washed more than weekly. i just wash it, put
in a conditioner to detangle it, comb it & then rinse with
vinegar. if he wears his hooded shirt hoods up all day it
tangles, but not so badly it doesn't brush out.
maybe the leave-in conditioner is causing stickiness &
tangles?

What kind of hair texture does she have, and how long is it? Both very fine and
very curly/nappy hair can have tangling problems, but the solutions and products
would be quite different.

Banty

OP here.
She has fine hair, not curly somewhere between straight and wavy. It
gets frizzy and tangled. It's just below her shoulders now. She wants
to grow it longer. Over the years she had short and long hair and I
didn't find one easier than the other.

My hair is fine (although 'thick' in that I have a lot of it) and wavy - I use a
"defrizzer" from the salon and it works fairly well. It's hard to get it
completely even, though, but you may have better luck with it. As to whether or
not it tears her eyes; you'll just have to just try different ones.

Is your house very dry in the wintertime, do you get static problems? Maybe
that's part of it too...

Banty

What is the brand name of the defrizzer you use? Thanks.
Old February 13th 08, 09:10 PM posted to misc.kids
betsy

On Feb 13, 7:20 am, wrote:
Is
there a hair gel appropriate for kids hair? She's very sensitive to
begin with and this is causing too many tears in the morning.

I've made my own hair gel for kids using plain gelatin and water.

--Betsy
Old February 13th 08, 09:11 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article ,
says...

On Feb 13, 1:23 pm, Banty wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Feb 13, 10:31 am, Banty wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Feb 13, 9:25 am, enigma wrote:
[...]

I use Paul Mitchell "Gloss Drops".

It's not for the frugal
...but I hate fussing with my hair so, since it works, I don't want to try other
stuff.

Banty

Old February 13th 08, 11:41 PM posted to misc.kids
MarieD

wrote in message
I tried the spray but I have to spray so much that it makes her hair
wet. I have to brush and dry it again. I hope there's an easier
solution. Thanks.

Why do you have to dry it? That might be adding to your problem. If I
blow-dry my hair, it gets really tangly until I wash it again. Plus it's
damaging to some people's hair. Wet hair won't hurt anyone. When my kids got
out of the shower when they were little, I combed and then braided their
hair for bed. No blow-drying.
Marie

Old February 14th 08, 01:11 AM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , MarieD says...

wrote in message
I tried the spray but I have to spray so much that it makes her hair
wet. I have to brush and dry it again. I hope there's an easier
solution. Thanks.

Why do you have to dry it? That might be adding to your problem. If I
blow-dry my hair, it gets really tangly until I wash it again. Plus it's
damaging to some people's hair. Wet hair won't hurt anyone. When my kids got
out of the shower when they were little, I combed and then braided their
hair for bed. No blow-drying.
Marie

Yeah I haven't touched my hair dryer in over a decade.

Banty (son has buzz cut, no prob

Old February 14th 08, 03:19 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Forgot to add, it's not long enough to braid yet. She wants to grow
it, doesn't want a haircut. Thanks for your reply.- Hide quoted text -

My experience with my own hair makes me wonder if she has split ends
and needs a trim???
When my hair starts acting very tangle-y, it usually means that I'm
having a split ends issue, and a trim solves it.

With my daughters hair, the solution for tangles is LOTS of
conditioner, the kind that rinses out. And skipping the blow-drying.
Old February 14th 08, 03:21 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues[_6_]

wrote in message
I use garnier fructise leave in conditioner for my DD's hair every
single day. By the next day it's frizzy again. I wash her hair once a
week.

You're conditioning her hair every day, but washing it once a week. You want
a stronger conditioner, or a gel to leave in for a week. This does not seem
to be feasible.

Ask a professional hairdresser.

Old February 14th 08, 11:25 AM posted to misc.kids
Sue

I understand you use a leave in conditioner, but do you use a conditioner
when you wash her hair that rinses out? DD1 has frizzy, curly hair and she
uses a rinse out conditioner and then Fructise (or whatever that is)
de-frizz stuff on her hair after she is done. She doesn't blow dry her hair
either.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old February 14th 08, 03:05 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Feb 13, 5:41 pm, "MarieD" wrote:
wrote in message

I tried the spray but I have to spray so much that it makes her hair
wet. I have to brush and dry it again. I hope there's an easier
solution. Thanks.

Why do you have to dry it? That might be adding to your problem. If I
blow-dry my hair, it gets really tangly until I wash it again. Plus it's
damaging to some people's hair. Wet hair won't hurt anyone. When my kids got
out of the shower when they were little, I combed and then braided their
hair for bed. No blow-drying.
Marie

If I leave her with damp hair, she gets head cold and keeps sneezing
all day. I'm the same way. I dry her hair with cold air button on the
dryer. I see your point though.
Old February 14th 08, 03:06 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Banty wrote:

In article , MarieD says...

wrote in message
I tried the spray but I have to spray so much that it makes her hair
wet. I have to brush and dry it again. I hope there's an easier
solution. Thanks.

Why do you have to dry it? That might be adding to your problem. If I
blow-dry my hair, it gets really tangly until I wash it again. Plus it's
damaging to some people's hair. Wet hair won't hurt anyone. When my kids got
out of the shower when they were little, I combed and then braided their
hair for bed. No blow-drying.
Marie

Yeah I haven't touched my hair dryer in over a decade.

Banty (son has buzz cut, no prob

Me three - I used to take my kids direct from swim team (via
McDonalds) to ice skating - never dried their hair - they just went
with wet heads. No problems.

I have fine hair and also thin (unlike Banty I don't have a lot of
it), and I used to wear it long - it was down to my waist. I would go
swimming and would just pull my hair back into a pony tail or a bun
when it was wet - I never bothered to dry it. My mom was always
afraid I would 'get a cold', but I didn't and neither did my kids.

The only time a blow dryer is used on my hair is when I go to have it
cut (about once every 4 to 6 weeks).

Hair Dye April & Bump Pregnancy 2 October 13th 05 12:24 AM
Help! Hair Everywhere! Weezie General 10 January 7th 05 11:36 PM
Help! Hair Everywhere! Weezie Pregnancy 10 January 7th 05 11:36 PM
My hair V Single Parents 1 May 18th 04 05:40 PM
hair Sara Breastfeeding 10 February 23rd 04 09:31 PM