How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)?

Old May 3rd 04, 03:56 PM

Default How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)?

We normally use cloth diapers on DS, but we're going to need to use
disposables for a week or so while we're on vacation. I bought a pack
of Huggies Supreme size 3 this weekend and tried them out. I wasn't
sure what size to buy. DS is about 22 pounds (that's a guess). The
size 3 say that they are up to 26 pounds (I think), but the size 4s
start at 22 pounds. I bought the size 3 but them seem really low-cut
on the tummy and high-cut on the legs. Of course, I have no idea how
disposables normally fit. I really wanted him to poop while he wearing
it so I could REALLY test it, but, of course, he didn't. He has huge,
massive blow-outs and it just doesn't seem like there is enough area
to this diaper to possibly contain it. Are the diapers supposed to be
this tiny or did I buy the wrong size? The top in front is below is
belly button, but the tabs wrap pretty close to the middle (they cover
the little characters on the front).

The funny part is that all these people always act like cloth
diapering is sooooo hard and I should use disposables to make it
easier and here I am fighting with DS trying to get this stupid
disposable on! It took forever with several botched attempts and my
fingernail tore through a couple! I guess whatever you're used to is
the easiest, right?

Manda
Old May 3rd 04, 04:02 PM
Sophie

[...]

Go with the next size up. On my kids, diapers usually cover the
bellybutton.

Old May 3rd 04, 04:09 PM
CrystalRGarcia74

Subject: How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering
Mom)?
From: )
Date: 5/3/2004 7:56 AM US Mountain Standard Time
[...]

I would say that you probably should have gotten a size 4. I have 3 and one
girl. I used Huggies on my daughter and they were the best for her. But not
on my sons. They always leaked on them. And I change diapers so often that DH
tells me to let DS#4 pee in it a couple of times. I tell him no way! None of
my kids have ever had a diaper rash (knock on wood). I find Pampers
"Swaddlers" work best on my DS. Actually Pampers and Luv's worked better for
the boys then Huggies did.
Old May 3rd 04, 08:48 PM
Welches

wrote in message
[...]

Fit for huggies seems to vary as to your child. #1 I had to make sire that
her weight was at the lowest end of the range (eg she would have needed size
4). #2 is skinnier for her length and needs to be at the upper end-or the
nappy falls off. She'll need to be in size 3, or possibly even 2.
What I found with #1 was that the best covering for poo was put a washable
wrap over disposable as the disposables send poo up the back even when sized
right!
Debbie

Old May 3rd 04, 09:18 PM
Circe

Sophie wrote:
[...]

Yep. And in my experience, Huggies run smaller than most other brands. I
normally use the least inexpensive store brand I can get and have never had
a problem with diapers blowing out (once out of the newborn stage, that
is!).
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old May 4th 04, 05:48 AM
Nic

"Welches" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

I haven't had that problem, but what a good idea !

I have used both, cloth and disposables, I think disposables are much easier
to use. Put on, once used, wipe bottom pull off and throw out, No need to
pull off, wipe bottom, scrap nappy, soak, wash, dry, fold etc.

I used huggies, baby love, snuggles, china cheap brand, no name brand, etc
and whatever else was on the supermarket shelf.
I found huggies worked the best.
The sizes are usually approx. My daughter needed the smaller size's as she
was very thin in waist whilst my son needed slighty bigger as he has a
bigger waist and a fuller tummy.

If you put your finger thou a couple it sounds like you are very rough with
them. Or maybe you got long finger nails.
Practise on a doll if you have one handy assuming the tabs on the nappy are
resuable several times like huggies are. Oh and I figure you know the tabs
do up at the front of the child, not the back of child !
Nic

Debbie

The funny part is that all these people always act like cloth
diapering is sooooo hard and I should use disposables to make it
easier and here I am fighting with DS trying to get this stupid
disposable on! It took forever with several botched attempts and my
fingernail tore through a couple! I guess whatever you're used to is
the easiest, right?

Manda

washing cloth diapers? - Chinese prefolds -L. General 11 January 26th 04 05:03 AM
Cloth Diapers For Sale JonViter General 1 November 8th 03 04:03 PM
liners for cloth diapers for nighttime? Pamela Perkins General 2 August 4th 03 10:38 PM
Cloth Diapers Phoebe & Allyson General 2 August 4th 03 07:39 AM
disposable diapers Stephanie S General 24 July 14th 03 08:56 PM