The Question -- the children of spanking or non-spanking parents?

Old April 25th 06, 11:39 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default The Question -- the children of spanking or non-spanking parents?

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/ci_3749259

Sex biz sees troubling teen trend
Conference will address local exploitation and trafficking issues
By Harry Harris, STAFF WRITER

OAKLAND — In a sting operation last week, Oakland police arrested more
than a dozen prostitutes, including one who was just 15. In similar
enforcement efforts, those arrested have been even younger.

In what has become a disturbing trend in Alameda County and other areas,
the number of underage prostitutes — or sexually exploited minors, as
law enforcement officials call them — is growing, while the girls
themselves are getting younger, authorities say.

"It's been a terrible problem for five or six years, and it's getting
worse," said police Lt. Kevin Wiley. "We have to change the way we do
things. We just can't arrest everyone."

To increase awareness about the problem and offer solutions, law
enforcement representatives, elected officials, social workers, youth
advocates and teenagers will hold a conference Wednesday and Thursday.

A law enforcement panel will discuss local and regional trends in
exploitation and trafficking. Another topic that should generate high
attendance is "Youth Culture and Trends," in which panelists will
discuss sexual exploitation and what to do about it. Other workshops are
titled "Pimp vs. boyfriend" and "How do you know when you're being
recruited."

A main conference organizer is Alameda County Deputy District Attorney
Sharmin Eshraghi Bock, who coordinates the office's response to human
trafficking. She is a driving force behind the formation of the county's
Sexually Exploited Minor Network.

"We hope to educate the community, law enforcement and anyone else
involved in teen prostitution about the nature and seriousness of the
problem in an effort to put an end to it," she said.

Click to learn more...

She said the number of teenage prostitutes is increasing for several
reasons, among them cell phones, the Internet and the "glorification of
pimping by the entertainment industry."

In reality, being a young prostitute working for a brutal pimp is
nothing like what movies and videos portray, authorities say.

"We are seeing increasing numbers of younger children on the street who
are being recruited via guerrilla tactics," Bock said. "They are being
grabbed off the street, kidnapped and raped, and then put to work."

She said it is still common thinking by those who see the girls or read
about them in the paper "that they are doing it voluntarily."

"But they don't appreciate how violent the inception of street life is
for the girls, and many of them are children robbed of a childhood."

Police and social workers have found a "common denominator" in child
prostitutes, she said. "They don't know what love looks like, what it
feels like or what it means to be loved.

"We teach math, science and English in our schools, but many of these
children don't have a reference point for love. So when the pimp gives
them some pretty clothes, a hot meal, a cell phone and some attention,
they think that's love."

The free conference runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days at the Alameda
County Conference Center, 125 12th St. For more information, call 618-3458.

Old April 26th 06, 06:55 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

you stupid, stupid little bitch........where does spanking appear as
the cause of anything except in that third boob between your
ears..........parents or home life aren't even mentioned by harry
harris........that's some alternative posting, bitch........you proved
nothing.........you're out here all alone.........no one's going to
come to save your worthless skin..........they all see you for war
mongering pile of **** you really are...........why don't you tell the
truth.........that old man is getting to you.........he reminds you of
your old man, doesn't he.........you know, the one that made you so
scared you peed in your panties..........that's why you have to put
that old man down every chance you get and lie about the subject just
to get away from him........you're running, bitch..........you're
scared of him like you were scared of your old man.........you're a two
faced coward who wishes war on children..........may your fear of that
old man hound you to your grave.........may your dreams be filled with
the screams of a thousand burned and mutilated children all blaming

]:^ proves she's a cut & paste queen

How Children REALLY React To Control Chris General 444 July 20th 04 07:14 PM
Debate on spanking Doan General 0 June 12th 04 08:30 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane Foster Parents 3 December 8th 03 11:53 PM
| Kids should work... Kane Spanking 1 December 6th 03 08:11 PM
The Determination of Child Custody in the USA Fighting for kids Child Support 21 November 17th 03 01:35 AM