Fathers and Split Custody CS

Old July 6th 04, 02:24 AM
Bob Whiteside

Default Fathers and Split Custody CS

"Bob" wrote in message
Bob Whiteside wrote:
I have not seen this CS topic discussed previously, so I thought I'd

raise
it for discussion.

It's fairly common for fathers to get split custody when teenagers

become
unmanageable for the CP mothers.

Yep, it's quite common for mothers to be unable to raise children into
decent adults. By the time they are teenagers it's often way too late.

My son came to live with me when he had
just turned 14. My daughter, who is younger, continued to live with her
mother. We had split custody.

Here's the problem. CS calculations allow for CS payment offsets and the
parent with the higher income pays the parent with the lower income the
offset amount. An example would be parent A owes parent B $600 and

parent B
owes parent A $300. Parent A pays parent B the $300 difference. And

parent
B is not subjected to any CS enforcement tactics.

When the older child reaches 18, the mother can go back to court and get

the
CS increased for the under 18 child. Even though the older child stills
lives with the father, the mother can have the offset eliminated, and

get a
full 100% share of the CS for the remaining minor child. The parent B

CS
received goes from $300 to $600 even though parent A still has the

ongoing
expenses related to having the over 18 child live with them.

This is an example where a biological child is treated the same way

children
in second marriages are treated, i.e. they are ignored by the CS system

that
pretends they do not exist for CS calculations.

Yep. the whole C$ system is crap. It hurts children to pay females.

I agree the CS system is crap. But it doesn't hurt children to pay mothers.

One of many major flaws in the CS system is it is not age adjusted. When an
infant has very few needs the CS award is the same as a teenager who has
many expensive needs. If anything, children get more expensive as they
growth up and the CS system treats them all like they are the same age with
the same financial needs.

Old July 6th 04, 02:34 AM
Bob

Bob Whiteside wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
Yep. the whole C$ system is crap. It hurts children to pay females.

I agree the CS system is crap. But it doesn't hurt children to pay mothers.

One of many major flaws in the CS system is it is not age adjusted. When an
infant has very few needs the CS award is the same as a teenager who has
many expensive needs. If anything, children get more expensive as they
growth up and the CS system treats them all like they are the same age with
the same financial needs.

I disagree strongly.

The C$ system turns children into pawns in the female game of extortion.
It changes "what's best for the child" into "what makes mommy the most
money." Many teenagers are suffering life long problems because they
were so badly hurt by the C$ system. It's a radical feminist social
experiment that is a complete disaster for millions of families and
children.
Bob

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, misandrist Democratic candidate for
President. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/

[Bob does not advocate any illegal, seditious, or immoral acts. All
posts are for discussion, rhetorical, or humorous purposes only.]

Old July 6th 04, 02:49 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Bob" wrote in message
Bob Whiteside wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
[...]

I've got to ask - Do you have Adult Attention Deficit Disorder?

This thread is about FATHERS taking over custody when children get older!
My statements have been about the children's ages and expanding needs not
being considered, especially when the FATHERS have custody of teenagers.

Do you ever read this stuff before spouting off in a rant?

Old July 6th 04, 02:50 AM
Gini

In article . net, Bob Whiteside
says...

"Gini" wrote in message ...
In article . net, Bob

Whiteside
says...

I have not seen this CS topic discussed previously, so I thought I'd

raise
it for discussion.

It's fairly common for fathers to get split custody when teenagers become
unmanageable for the CP mothers. My son came to live with me when he had
[...]

====
Except that subsequent children are younger with years of dependency

before
them. The 18 year old can get a job and cover his own expenses as my

stepson has
during his college years with us. He came to live with us when he turned

18 and
his mother kicked him out. He had at least 2 years of high school left due

some learning problems earlier. He lived here and went to high school then
college. Of course we covered his expenses during high school which were

really
minimal--well, he did eat a lot. Oh yeah, and those 20 minute showers--and

his
perpetual laundering.... He is now entering his senior year of college

(honors
student now--go figure) and we only see him when he picks up his mail.
====
====

I did not mean to imply I was unhappy with the situation. My intent was to
point out that fathers who step in to help raise children who are a handful
for the mothers, can end up having to pay twice - once in CS for the other
children, plus another time for ongoing support of an adult child living
with them. And in the later teen years the expenses accelerate rapidly.
The irony is the child's age overrides the fact the adult child may not be
emancipated yet and the system encourages CP mothers to dump the child off
onto dad when the actual expenses (not the CS guideline assumptions for
expenses) start to rise.

My son had a job. I chose not to charge him rent as long as he helped out
with some of the household chores. The underlying costs for providing him a
place to live, food, etc. were the same pre-18 and post-18. The difference
is the CS system stops recognizing those costs at an arbitrary, magical
point in time and treats those costs as if they no longer exist.

=====
You are suggesting the validity of post-minority CS. That is what CP (moms)
argue in states that do not require CS after age 18. It is also what Indy/others
argue should be required of CS paying NCPs--ie college expenses. I don't want to
go there.
=====
=====