Apparently, all of us outside of the home are slackers

Old May 3rd 07, 01:47 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Default Apparently, all of us outside of the home are slackers

http://www.ncprevue.com/blog/?p=206

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070502/...ork_mothers_dc

I just love these articles that paint a picture of a slaving, stay at
home mother, that is somehow underpaid. And it should be no surprise
that these articles are coming out when they are. The only question is
whether they will do the same articles for a father at Father’s Day.

First off, let’s go by the preposition that all of these are true. Even
if they are, given that there is a father, a child, AND a mother, that
means that a third of that work is done for the benefit of the mother
themselves. So we now have a figure of $92,523.65 towards the father
and the child.

But I really have to dispute that psychologist. I know that a lot of us
play amateur psychologist on our down time, but there is a big, big
difference between amateur and pro in terms of pay status.

And the other "business titles" are just as amusing. Laundry machine
operator? Hell, I do that, you want to pay me? And by the by, when I
was with the significant other, I did my laundry, she did hers, and we
split the child’s. So I’m not getting anything off of that. "Chief
executive officer"? I thought this was a partnership, not a corporation
and even if it was, how do you assume that is the mother? It could be,
or it could be the father.

We have a whole list of titles that are just flat out amusing here, so
give yourself a chance to go through all of these. And while you are,
if you happen to be a single parent, ask yourself this: don’t you have
to do all of those tasks AND hold a job down in the outside world? I’ll
ask you, which would you rather have: 96 hours to do a job, or 40
hours? This is just a straight up slap at all of us that are required
to still do those jobs with the fancy titles and work on the outside.

Is what a mother does hard? Could be and in several cases it very well
is; it all depends on her particular standards. And all of those titles
have another thing in common that are not shared in the title
"stay-at-home-mom". In any of those professional titles, if you don’t do
the job up to another person’s standards, you get fired. In the
household, who’s making the standards? That’s right, the mother. I have
not heard of a mother getting “fired” outside of an arrest warrant. So
tell me, how hard would your job be if the only way to get rid of you
was to arrest you?
Old May 3rd 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"John Meyer" wrote in

is; it all depends on her particular standards. And all of those titles
have another thing in common that are not shared in the title
"stay-at-home-mom".

Should be named, Stay-at-home-bom.

The only thing hard about this is when the kid starts crying in the middle
of the mid afternoon movie!

Old May 3rd 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On May 3, 2:26 pm, "DB" wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in

is; it all depends on her particular standards. And all of those titles
have another thing in common that are not shared in the title
"stay-at-home-mom".

Should be named, Stay-at-home-bom.

The only thing hard about this is when the kid starts crying in the middle
of the mid afternoon movie!

I read this too and found it very amusing. I guess I truly do not
understand "why" these women feel a need to put a price on what they
do...hmmm...let's see...so, are you supposed to get paid for doing
YOUR OWN LAUNDRY? are you supposed to get paid for COOKING FOR
YOURSELF? are you supposed to be paid for "DRIVING YOURSELF TO/FROM
ANYWHERE?", are you supposed to get paid for "PLAYING ON THE COMPUTER
AND PAYING YOUR OWN BILLS?"

Give me a break! This is outrageous and disgusting...As far as I'm
concerned, if you are going to have children and then complain about
how much you have to sacrifice for them because you have to do their
laundry, cook, whatever the case may be, then DON'T have them...It's
is just absolutely ridiculous to hear such things...

I worked outside the home for over 14 years, then I decided to work
from home, but with the same company I have worked for all those
years...I also have my son at home and I do these things...Of COURSE
I'm worn out...duh...but I can never put a price on doing my own
laundry or that of my son's or anything else ridiculous like
that...Yes, I'm tired...My mother and sister used to tell me that they
never complained and they DID IT ALL, since they were stay at home
moms and didn't get paid...that at least, I get paid some...well,
actually, excuse me...what you did everyday without pay, I also do
everyday without pay...the only difference is in addition, I also have
a FULL TIME job...and no, it's not one of those crazy lick envelopes
at home...it's the same Systems Analyst job I've had for the past 7
years...and yet, well, I just freaking do it...yes, I get tired, of
course...we all do...but I sure don't expect my husband or anyone else
to put a price on what I do at home...that is just plain
ridiculous...Before I had a child or was married, I lived on my own
and still had to do those things for myself and work outside the
home...so what is the big deal?

Anyway, sorry, on my soapbox...sick and tired of women complaining
about not getting paid for ridiculous stuff like this...no problem if
you say that you are worn out and tired...understandable...we all
are...but for not getting paid? Geez!

Funny how they don't mention here another of their jobs...hmmm...could
you possibly guess? Fact is if you want to say that you are "owed"
90K for all this work, then guess what honey...if you have a man, you
should've also included your job as "HOOKER" on there and added
another 50K a year...haha...I guess that's one job they don't want to
mention they want payment for...hehe

""

Old May 3rd 07, 08:14 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Keywords in the article: "if" and "would". That ought to be a clue to any
fool that it is a fictional claim. Using language such as "would have" is
hypothesis contrary to fact. Thus, the whole article is debunked since it
hinges on a fallacy.

Old May 3rd 07, 08:30 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"whatamess" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 3, 2:26 pm, "DB" wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in

is; it all depends on her particular standards. And all of those

titles
have another thing in common that are not shared in the title
"stay-at-home-mom".

Should be named, Stay-at-home-bom.

The only thing hard about this is when the kid starts crying in the

middle
of the mid afternoon movie!

I read this too and found it very amusing. I guess I truly do not
understand "why" these women feel a need to put a price on what they
do...hmmm...let's see...so, are you supposed to get paid for doing
YOUR OWN LAUNDRY? are you supposed to get paid for COOKING FOR
YOURSELF? are you supposed to be paid for "DRIVING YOURSELF TO/FROM
ANYWHERE?", are you supposed to get paid for "PLAYING ON THE COMPUTER
AND PAYING YOUR OWN BILLS?"

I'm surprised they didn't include payment for her wiping herself too.

[...]

Not to mention, if a man has sex with a woman, and she demands cash payments
for the next twenty years as a result of the sex, what does that make her?

""

Old May 3rd 07, 10:06 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On May 3, 7:47 am, John Meyer wrote:
[...]

Actually John, this article is flaw simply because they are adding up
the salaries of 10 different job (if each were worked full time, which
they are not) and then adding overtime. And the CEO title, well throw
that out. Maybe COO but not CEO so that whole thing is thrown out
(parents are co-CEO's and cancel each other) as is psychologist, as
she doesnt have a degree in psychology and therefore, can't command
ANY price. Plus, people don't get paid for giving family members/
friends advice. In addition, housekeep, janitor and facilities manager
are the same job so why they list three is beyond me so she gets
credit for one. But they DO perform certain jobs

Let's examine it (and this is being generous):
housekeeper Assume $7 and hour. Maybe 20 hours a week
cook (we WILL assume 3 meals a day at $15 an hour 1 hour per meal)
day care center teacher (throw this out as the kids are in school)
laundry machine operator ($7 an hour, maybe 10 hours a week)
van driver (2 hours a day 5 days a week at $15 an hour)
facilities manager (same as janitor. Throw it out)
janitor (same as housekeeper. Throw it out)
computer operator (Huh? Ok, if being paid the pay bills and MAYBE a
little Word and Excel 5 hours a week times $25 an hour)

Total per week: $800
Per year: $41,000

Now also, to perform those tasks and be paid for it, she needs to
purchase materials, including the van (including insurance), the
computer, the washer dryer, food for the meals.

In addition, she is being provided free rent, free utilities, health
insurance etc. Well will call sex between the husband and wife a
"wash"

Mmmmm...kind of eats into her entire "profit". If you want to pay
someone as if they are operating a business, they need to assume the
burden or transactional cost of that business. That's like a McDonalds
selling burgers but not actually having to pay for them, or the
building or anything else.

What a crock.

Agree?

Old May 3rd 07, 11:13 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Chris" wrote in message

"whatamess" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 3, 2:26 pm, "DB" wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in

[...]

A financial wizard with a high risk tolerance for hedge-fund investment
strategies?

Old May 3rd 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Relayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I say impute their income to at least $138,095 per year for CS calculations
and monitor them closely to ensure they pay every penny of the CS order.

Old May 3rd 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Relayer wrote:
[...]

I actually thought about that overtime exemption after I posted up the
article and will very likely update this later on. Is much of the work
of a stay at home important? Yes, in a unified family (things become a
little sketchy in a separated family). But pumping it up like this and
comparing it to professional jobs or jobs outside the home is apples and
oranges.
And now we have to ask, what is the worth of the father? In addition to
the take home pay (which in several cases is far less than that inflated
rate, what other roles does that person play:

*Car repairman
*Electronics repair
*Gardener
*Correctional officer (for when the kids misbehave, I know that it's a
rare occasion but I have been told that it does happen)

You know, this has actually given me an idea for my blog.
Old May 4th 07, 12:01 AM posted to alt.child-support
Werebat

John Meyer wrote:

[...]

My ex and I split custody of our son 50/50 when we divorced, when he was
an infant. She didn't work, I continued to work fulltime and as a
result my hours with him were invariably after work. In short, I
worked, came home, and had my infant son -- alone. I did have 2 nights
a week off from this, and some time on the weekends as well.

While I did have those lifesaving nights off, I do feel that I'm pretty
qualified to speak about both types of "work" because I've done them
both, at the same time, for years.

I'd say the big advantage of StayAtHome work is that no one can fire
you, but it comes with a disadvantage of frying your brain as you never
really have time to yourself. Oh, wait, once the kiddies are in school
that changes somewhat.

The big advantage of work outside the home (other than the paycheck) is
that it gets you OUTSIDE THE HOME and away from needy kids. Although if
you're me, and teach in a school, it doesn't really. Needy kids at
work, needy kids at home... Eh.

I guess I figured they were both tough jobs but niether one really
seemed to overshadow the other, although if you want to slack off it's
probably easier to do it while "running" a home. I did get annoyed by
women (and I met a few) who seemed to think that caring for one's kids
was somehow "not really work" when I was doing it alone, but a
"full-time job" when a woman was doing it alone. You can't have it both
ways, folks!

- Ron ^*^