Per the CSE office of Texas, a parent ONLY has a duty to support children...

Old May 4th 07, 08:38 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default Per the CSE office of Texas, a parent ONLY has a duty to support children...

Of divorce, not other children...

So, I call the CSE office, and ask the CSE idiot about support for my
son...I explain that I lived with his dad, and do not know if we'll
continue to live together, but that he has never financially supported
him...I advise we can show proof that based on his expenses and
salary, he has never contributed financially 20% of his income, or
actually, ANY income to the support of our child.

She then states that the only way one can apply for support is in
cases of divorce or separation...which means...

NO, we could care less if your child's dad supports or can support him
or not, we just care that he supports children of his
divorce...lovely...

So, this leaves me with many options...

1. Leave, take off and live on my own with my child, so that his dad
can support him and he's not robbed by the idiot ex-wife and CSE
system.
2. Stay, and ensure that all my boyfriend's money goes to support his
first child only, and that our child receives 0 support from him.

Ah, the lovely "best interests of the child" BS that the CSE hides
behind...it's just sickning.

Before John and the rest scream at me, NO, I DO support my son 100%
and do not mind doing so...I also do not mind having to help his dad
support himself...what I do mind is that the state of Texas doesn't
give a hoot about the ex continuing to take more money from my husband
and leaving my son with nothing from his dad and even less money from
me.

And no, I will not give my husband 10$ or 20$ more from MY income, so
that he can actually visit his daughter anymore...he can't afford to
visit her without my help...he'd actually be working 80hr weeks and
living in a hole if it weren't for my income...so, nope...sorry, my
money is for my son...and every 10USD I give to his dad will be to
spend on OUR son, not to spend on his daughter.

I made the decision to support my son 100% in order to ensure his dad
was part of his life, if her mother on the other hand determines that
squeezing every penny from my husband is in the best interest of her
child, that's her problem...not mine.

OK, sorry for the vent. Sick and tired of this system.