Julia Roberts' pregnancy

Old June 1st 04, 12:25 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default Julia Roberts' pregnancy

So, CNN is reporting that she's pg with twins, and CNN is further
reporting that US Weekly says she's nine weeks along, and Star Magazine
is reporting that the twins are a boy and a girl. Uh, how would anyone
know the sex at nine weeks? Unless, I guess, she had IVF, and prenatal
karyotyping of the embryos, but it seems like they would have reported
THAT. wierd.

Old June 1st 04, 03:19 PM
JennP

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
So, CNN is reporting that she's pg with twins, and CNN is further
reporting that US Weekly says she's nine weeks along, and Star Magazine
is reporting that the twins are a boy and a girl. Uh, how would anyone
know the sex at nine weeks? Unless, I guess, she had IVF, and prenatal
karyotyping of the embryos, but it seems like they would have reported
THAT. wierd.

Uh, yeah. I saw pictures of her online and she definitly looks a bit pudgy
in the middle. No *way* she's only 9 weeks. I guessed about 16 weeks or so.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old June 1st 04, 03:29 PM
Denise Anderson

"JennP" wrote in message

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
So, CNN is reporting that she's pg with twins, and CNN is further
reporting that US Weekly says she's nine weeks along, and Star Magazine
is reporting that the twins are a boy and a girl. Uh, how would anyone
know the sex at nine weeks? Unless, I guess, she had IVF, and prenatal
karyotyping of the embryos, but it seems like they would have reported
THAT. wierd.

Uh, yeah. I saw pictures of her online and she definitly looks a bit

pudgy
in the middle. No *way* she's only 9 weeks. I guessed about 16 weeks or

so.
--
JennP.

Weren't the people on AF saying she was about as far along as her Ocean's
character? 3 months or so, so she didn't have to wear padding?

Denise

Old June 1st 04, 05:06 PM
Shannon

I heard before that a lot of celebrities give incorrect dates to the
media if they want to have the baby with some privacy. If she is
further along but says she is nine weeks, then she would be able to
have the baby without anyone knowing.

Shannon

On 2004-06-01 07:25:43 -0400, (Hillary Israeli) said:

So, CNN is reporting that she's pg with twins, and CNN is further
reporting that US Weekly says she's nine weeks along, and Star
Magazine is reporting that the twins are a boy and a girl. Uh, how
would anyone know the sex at nine weeks? Unless, I guess, she had IVF,
and prenatal karyotyping of the embryos, but it seems like they would
have reported THAT. wierd.

--
Shannon

Please remove -NO SPAM from email address to email me personally.

Old June 1st 04, 05:34 PM
Jamie Clark

I saw an article in my local paper this morning -- it said that it was
reported in "The Star" (real "reliable" trash mag) that she was 9 weeks pg
with twins -- reported to be boy/girl. It made no mention of any fertility
treatments, but did say that supposedly twins run in her family. Uh, yeah,
maybe. My guess is IVF, and I think the b/g prediction was just hot air. I
guess it is possible that she had IVF with PGD -- maybe she's done IVF
multiple times and never got pregnant, or got pg and miscarried, so they did
PGD to determine if her embryo were viable.

But, you can't have it both ways -- either you got pg naturally, in which
case 9 weeks is way too early to know the gender, or you had fertility
treatments, but then why hide it and infer by inferring that you got pg
naturally by stating that twins run in your family.

I guess I hadn't thought of the fact that she might be farther along, have
had CVS or amnio, and be lying about her dates. Either way, congrats to
her!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old June 1st 04, 06:38 PM
JennP

"Shannon" wrote in message
I heard before that a lot of celebrities give incorrect dates to the
media if they want to have the baby with some privacy. If she is
further along but says she is nine weeks, then she would be able to
have the baby without anyone knowing.

Shannon

That's what I suspect. They all do that. I'm pretty sure Debra Messing and
Gwyneth Paltrow did. Can't say I blame them.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old June 2nd 04, 12:27 AM
Michelle Podnar

If she is preg with twins, she will show alot more alot sooner.

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002

Old June 2nd 04, 05:54 PM
H Schinske

Michelle P ) wrote:

If she is preg with twins, she will show a lot more a lot sooner.

Not at nine weeks with a first pregnancy, though. Two versus one is nothing at
that stage, the babies are just tiny. I'm voting for fake due date, too.

--Helen
Old June 2nd 04, 08:20 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
H Schinske wrote:

*Michelle P ) wrote:
*
*If she is preg with twins, she will show a lot more a lot sooner.
*
*Not at nine weeks with a first pregnancy, though. Two versus one is nothing at
*that stage, the babies are just tiny. I'm voting for fake due date, too.

The thing that got me was that she just COULDN'T be (a) 9 weeks along, (b)
know the gender, and (c) have naturally occuring twins, all of which were
implied or stated in the article I quoted!