what to pack???

Old June 4th 04, 06:01 AM
Alissa

Default what to pack???

"Nan" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:33:21 +1000, "Alissa"
wrote:

Ok here is my list....since I'm having a c/s I don't need stuff for the
labour room...
clothes for daytime
nightwear, underwear etc etc..

I took old panties that I didn't mind getting messy and tossed them
out when I'd shower. The mesh panties the hospital provides are
uncomfortable.

pads (How many??)

If the hospital doesn't supply them, I'd pack a whole pkg. of them.
I used the Kotex overnights, with 14 in a pack.

breast pads? Didn't use a single one last time, never leaked in 5 whole

mths

I took enough to change pads twice a day, so 8 was sufficient. I
didn't need them though.

clothes and blanket for baby to come home in
breast pump/ milton bucket
pen/paper/ announcement cards to fill in,
toiletries/ hair dryer?
prezzie for DD from new baby
chocolates for staff for thank you gift....
car seat in and ready for baby
camera and spare batteries, mobile phone and address book

anything else?????I better get organised 4 days to go....
Alissa

Snacks for your dh?

Nan
LOL , I've bought 5 packets...bit of overkill! You can see I have no idea

about pads...since DH won't be back til the friday night I thought I better
go with too many rather than not enough!!!Maybe I can use them as breast
pads if I do need such things...Last time my milk wasn't in until after I
went home.
Alissa

Old June 4th 04, 06:16 AM
Nan

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:01:23 +1000, "Alissa"
wrote:

LOL , I've bought 5 packets...bit of overkill! You can see I have no idea

about pads...since DH won't be back til the friday night I thought I better
go with too many rather than not enough!!!Maybe I can use them as breast
pads if I do need such things...Last time my milk wasn't in until after I
went home.
Alissa

Well, you'll likely use them at home!
I did use a few in the front of my panties to keep my incision from
bleeding too much onto them for 2 days, though. The nurses thought it
was clever, lol.

Nan

Old June 4th 04, 11:53 AM
Donna

"Alissa" wrote in message

"Donna" wrote in message

My wound was bandaged for the time I was in the hospital, IIRC. I

really
wouldn't bother with the hairdryer.

Donna

Really? mine had the sticker type bandage removed the next morning and I

was told I had to keep it dry ( my would was under a roll of fat) so I

would
dry it after my shower and that way I didn't have to touch it or pat it
dry....I might ring as see what the policy is at this hospital as it as

not
the same one I went to last time.

Huh. I suppose I could be mis-remembering, since most of the first 10 weeks
of my daughter's life are a sleepless blur grin. If the OB is telling
you to dry you wound with a hairdryer, however, definitely take her/his
advice over mine.

Donna

Old June 4th 04, 12:02 PM
Amy

"Alissa" wrote in message

The good thing is about taking chocolates as a gift, if I don't want to

give them....I'll eat them myself! Yeah I wouldn't give them if I wasn't
happy, or if I only liked a few I'd make a point of mentioning their names
only in the thank you card.
Alissa

Bad news, I just found out if you're breastfeeding you can't eat chocolate
because it gives the baby pimples and rashes :-( I've got 3.5 weeks left of
serious chocolate eating before I abstain. But I want to breastfeed for the
first 12 months! A year without chocolate???! I can give up the booze, the
coffee, etc etc but chocolate...

Old June 4th 04, 12:05 PM
Amy

"Cheryl" wrote in message

FOOD! They have really weird hours feeding patients so unless there
is a kitchen where you can make toast etc take something like muesli
bars to keep in your room.
Two packs of maternity pads and one of regular pads should be enough,
one box of breast pads (if you have them left over from last time even
better).

How exciting, only 4 days to go!
--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be breastfeeding & like to snack at weird
hours anyway. It never occurred to me until you mentioned it that I won't be
able to grab weet-bix from the kitchen at midnight.

Old June 4th 04, 12:08 PM
Amy

Something to remember is that most hospitals won't let you take any plug in
appliance until it has been safety-checked by their own electrical
department, so to save time if you take a hairdryer get it checked &
stickered well before you actually want to use it.

"Alissa" wrote in message

"Donna" wrote in message

"Alissa" wrote in message
OOOHH a pilllow good idea..... the hairdryer is for keeping my wound

nice
and dry....

Old June 4th 04, 01:00 PM
Iuil

"Amy" wrote

Bad news, I just found out if you're breastfeeding you can't eat chocolate
because it gives the baby pimples and rashes :-(

BS. You don't stop eating anything because you're bfing *until* your baby
displays a reaction. Not all babies will react to the same foods.

Jean

Old June 4th 04, 02:51 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Amy wrote:

Bad news, I just found out if you're breastfeeding you can't eat chocolate
because it gives the baby pimples and rashes :-( I've got 3.5 weeks left of
serious chocolate eating before I abstain. But I want to breastfeed for the
first 12 months! A year without chocolate???! I can give up the booze, the
coffee, etc etc but chocolate...

Are you kidding me? No way in hell I'd give up
chocolate while breastfeeding unless I saw clear evidence
of a problem. I'm on month...hmmm...40 or so of
breastfeeding total, and I've eaten chocolate the whole
time with no problems whatsoever. Whoever told you
chocolate was a problem?!

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old June 4th 04, 04:18 PM
Donna

"Amy" wrote in message

"Alissa" wrote in message

The good thing is about taking chocolates as a gift, if I don't want

give them....I'll eat them myself! Yeah I wouldn't give them if I wasn't
happy, or if I only liked a few I'd make a point of mentioning their

names
only in the thank you card.
Alissa

Bad news, I just found out if you're breastfeeding you can't eat chocolate
because it gives the baby pimples and rashes :-( I've got 3.5 weeks left

of
serious chocolate eating before I abstain. But I want to breastfeed for

the
first 12 months! A year without chocolate???! I can give up the booze, the
coffee, etc etc but chocolate...

Not to worry. The only time to start thinking about changing your eating
habits is in the event that you notice a problem. Aside from eliminating
jalepeno peppers and cabbage from my diet (led to a gassy baby), I never
avoided anything.

Donna

Old June 4th 04, 05:21 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Amy wrote:

"Alissa" wrote in message

The good thing is about taking chocolates as a gift, if I don't want to

give them....I'll eat them myself! Yeah I wouldn't give them if I wasn't
happy, or if I only liked a few I'd make a point of mentioning their names
only in the thank you card.
Alissa

Bad news, I just found out if you're breastfeeding you can't eat chocolate
because it gives the baby pimples and rashes :-( I've got 3.5 weeks left of
serious chocolate eating before I abstain. But I want to breastfeed for the
first 12 months! A year without chocolate???! I can give up the booze, the
coffee, etc etc but chocolate...

Hogwash! I eat chocolate and Isabella's skin is fine and she has only
had 1 teeny, tiny diaper rash in her life (it cleared up in 24 hours).

Where did you find this informations? I would sincerely like to know.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole