A tmi question, sorry...

Old August 26th 08, 06:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default A tmi question, sorry...

Hi all

I'll be 26w tomorrow. I know I asked this question when I was pg with
Jessie, and I even got myself checked out, but the two midwives couldn't
agree on the cause, and I ended up really confused... I'm not sure if this
is the same thing, but I thought I'd ask.

How do you know if you're leaking AF? I'm not gushing or anything, but I've
felt quite wet all day. I'm not in huge pain or anything, but I've been
uncomfortable all day too, mainly like a very mild period pain. I know it's
not the same as when my waters broke, but I just don't feel right. One MW
said last time that it was thrush, which I doubted as I had no itching or
anything else, and the other said it wasn't that, that it was just my cervix
softening up and something or other coming away. I suspected that that
might well be the case, but I was a lot further along then.

I'm not massively concerned atm, but I don't feel quite settled either. I'm
not off to hospital or anything unless it gets worse, but I'd kinda like
some reassurance if you have any.

Lucy xx

Old August 26th 08, 07:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

lu-lu schrieb:
snip
I'm not massively concerned atm, but I don't feel quite settled either. I'm
not off to hospital or anything unless it gets worse, but I'd kinda like
some reassurance if you have any.

I know you can test with a PH test if the liquid is AF.
Have you asked your current midwife/OBGYN about it? I'd give them a
quick call, just to let them know what's going on, in case they do want
you to come in.

cu
nicole
Old August 26th 08, 07:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co[_2_]

Hi

I started feeling leaks a few weeks before I was about to give birth, I kept
going to the hossy to be checked but they said it was just a discharge, a
day before she arrived the leak was heavyer and like a straw colour, again I
went to the hossy to be checked and again was told it was just a discharge.
The next morning my waters went with a pop and a gush and the colour of the
waters was the same as the said discharge. I mentioned it to the midwife
after giving birth and she said it was probably my back waters that were
leaking. Thing is with me I was full term so risk was pretty low where as
you're only 26 weeks gone so there's more risk if you are leaking and I
would get it checked out if I was in your position.

april

Old August 26th 08, 11:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

It's common to be more wet than normal, but any sort of cramping or AF
feelings should be checked out. It might well be exactly what you had last
time, or it might not. Don't risk it, and go get yourself looked at by one
of your midwives. Hopefully it's nothing, but I always say trust your gut.
--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com

Old August 27th 08, 04:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Hi all

Thanks for your resposnses. It all got kinda swept aside for a bit as Jessie
can down with a really nasty ear and throat infection and got pretty sick
pretty quickly, so I've only really just had a moment to myself.. I'm
feeling a bit better today, but I'm going to keep an eye on it, and call
the midwife if necessary... I think maybe it's just one of those pregnancy
type things, that you just don't hear about cos no one wants to bring it up

I'm back of to the sofa now before Jessie realises I've stood up and left
her for a whole minute!

Thanks again x

Lucy x