Banana-pillar

Old December 6th 03, 11:52 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default Banana-pillar

Scheduling couldn't be worked out for tomorrow, so Grandma
and Grandpa came over this afternoon for the first solid
feeding.

They wanted to give her banana, and that was fine with us.
They were really so much more excited about it than we were,
so we just let them have at it.

I figured they'd mash up the banana, but they just gave her
about half of it whole. She put the banana in her mouth,
and bit off a huge chunk. It was so shocking to her that
she let it all fall right back out. It must have tasted
good because she picked the chunks back up and gnawed on
them some more. Every time she'd get a tiny bit broken off,
she'd make a horrible disgusted face and swallow it right
down. By the time she was done "eating," both she and the
high chair were permeated with squished banana. I suspect
she ate a teaspoon's worth. (None of which came from a
spoon; spooned banana was spit right back out.) Since the
whole thing involved an hour and a bath and 3
banana-drenched grownups, it might be awhile before she gets
solids again.

Pictures at http://tinyurl.com/y1r5

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old December 7th 03, 02:10 AM
New York Jen

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
[...]

Oh Phoebe, she's so PRECIOUS! Nice to finally be able to put a face with a
name, although she doesn't look like a caterpillar.

:-)

- Jen

Old December 7th 03, 03:09 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Richard wrote:

She's too clean
in the "after" picture!

The "after" was after the first bite. She had banana from
one end to the other before she was done. (At which point,
Grandma helpfully said, "I always fed you naked.") That
suit is currently soaking on Oxyclean, as I attempt to
remove banana stains.

Phoebe *whodda thunk banana stained?*
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old December 7th 03, 03:41 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

New York Jen wrote:

she doesn't look like a caterpillar.

I tried to find a Caterpillar-looking one for you. If you
look again (http://tinyurl.com/y1r5), the one called "0607
Alive" is much more Caterpillar-ish. (Grandpa named the
pictures. I also have one labelled "0607 Dead.")

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old December 7th 03, 03:51 AM
Nina

Richard wrote:

She's too clean
in the "after" picture!

The "after" was after the first bite. She had banana from
one end to the other before she was done. (At which point,
Grandma helpfully said, "I always fed you naked.") That
suit is currently soaking on Oxyclean, as I attempt to
remove banana stains.

Phoebe *whodda thunk banana stained?*

lol
my first thought was "ooh, bananas stain clothes black"

Old December 7th 03, 04:19 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Nina wrote:

bananas stain clothes black

is right. She's only worn that suit 3 times, and it's a
really nice one - it could go through 3 or 4 kids before the
seams or snaps were an issue, and it's fancy enough I hate
to resort to tie-dye.

It looks like hot hot water and lots of Oxyclean might work,
and if they don't, one of the enzyme cleaners might, and
then (chlorine) bleach.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old December 7th 03, 04:35 AM
Irrational Number

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:
Scheduling couldn't be worked out for tomorrow, so Grandma and Grandpa
came over this afternoon for the first solid feeding.

[...] By the
time she was done "eating," both she and the high chair were permeated
with squished banana. I suspect she ate a teaspoon's worth. (None of
which came from a spoon; spooned banana was spit right back out.) Since
the whole thing involved an hour and a bath and 3 banana-drenched
grownups, it might be awhile before she gets solids again.

ROTFL!!! Love the banana pics!

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old December 7th 03, 05:35 AM
laurie

tried to find a Caterpillar-looking one for you. If you
look again (http://tinyurl.com/y1r5), the one called "0607
Alive" is much more Caterpillar-ish. (Grandpa named the
pictures. I also have one labelled "0607 Dead.")

Phoebe

I just realized that I don't even recall her real name. I only think of her as
caterpillar.

Christopher's not too into solids, BTW; he loved it the first couple of times,
but now he's not that into it. Couldn't be bothered with the jarred stuff, but
he does like bits of real banana, cooked carrots, and cheerios soaked in a tiny
bit of apple juice!

It's a lot of work feeding them solid food, isn't it??!!! Boobs are so much
easier that way!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 7.5 months
Old December 7th 03, 06:01 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

laurie wrote:

I don't even recall her real name.

Alexandra (we call her Alex). I couldn't tell you the
real names of her age-mates Moo Boy or Bug or Pillbug,
though.

It's a lot of work feeding them solid food, isn't it??!!!

Way too much work. The good thing is that once we have her
OK to have a couple of foods, we can move on to mixtures I'd
actually eat. (If we have carrots or sweet potatoes, and
rice, and turkey, then I can make turkey soup with rice and
just pull out a portion for her before I season it.) So I'd
get to exercise my cooking urges. But she's unlikely to be
eating our (soy-sauce and oil laden) table food for quite a
while.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt